Taking your Wal-Mart walk

This is a discussion on Taking your Wal-Mart walk within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am posting this because Wal-Mart is the requirement for new CWP holders but we may need to rethink that especially around here. This is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking your Wal-Mart walk

Taking your Wal-Mart walk

I am posting this because Wal-Mart is the requirement for new CWP holders but we may need to rethink that especially around here. This is not the first time that this type of thing has happened at that Wal-Mart and I doubt that it will be the last. I understand that the incident was a carry over from something that started at one of the local high schools earlier in the day and appears that Wal-Mart is the meeting place for rumbles. Gang activity seems to be concentrated in just a few areas around here but is very heavy in those areas. My wife teaches 2nd grade and some of her students have shown her some of the gang signs and told her of the latest news. I am sure that a few of them will be heavily involved in a few years if they aren't already.

Gang-related fight breaks out in Florence Wal-Mart - News - South Carolina Now (SCNow.com)

From staff reports
    A gang-related fight Friday night at the Super Wal-Mart on South Irby Street in Florence ended with one adult and one juvenile being arrested.
    According to Lt. Brett Camp with the Florence County Sheriff’s Office, a group of 30-40 individuals were involved in an altercation that began inside the store and overflowed into the parking lot.
    There were initial calls of shots fired, but Camp said that was not confirmed.
    “We never confirmed shots fired,” he said. “If there were shots fired, they were in the air. No one was shot at.”
    Camp said because of the way the area is zoned, both the sheriff’s office and the Florence City Police Department had to respond to the incident.
    The sheriff’s office responded because the Wal-Mart parking lot is zoned in the county, and the actual building itself is zoned in the city.
    The names of the individuals that the police department arrested couldn’t be confirmed by press time Sunday.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    All the more reason to carry at Wal Mart! Would you want to be there . . . unarmed?? Its not a crime to carry at Wal Mart. Its a crime to carry unlicensed and unconcealed at Wal Mart.

Carry legal! Be safe! Dont be stupid!
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

The WW World trek is the official stop for first-time CCW'ers because of the realistic scenarios, as pointed out in the article.
    Anyone making the trip to this particular WW should also practice carrying 'extra mags'...

Stay armed...six mags should do it...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Dual jurisdiction, I'll bet that there was an inordinate delay in response time due to the two departments arguing over who should respond.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Wal-mart walk will keep you in condition yellow or orange all the time. Great training ground to keep you on your toes. More patrols on the Walmart parking lot will keep the gangs bangers at bay. Citizens should call LEO's office when things look out of the ordinary. If we don't keep an eye on things the gangs will take over.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Dual jurisdiction, I'll bet that there was an inordinate delay in response time due to the two departments arguing over who should respond.
    Actually there was a Deputy Sheriff and an off-duty city LEO in the strore when it broke out so response time was zero but did no good. Two officers or one CWP isn't going to do much against 40 gang members.

AEA
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Two officers or one CWP isn't going to do much against 40 gang members.
    They would if they could get to their car and get the AR in action!

Drop the first 30 and the other 10 would be running.........not even a need to reload!

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AEA View Post
    They would if they could get to their car and get the AR in action!

Drop the first 30 and the other 10 would be running.........not even a need to reload!
    Beta mag needed.......
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Beta mag needed.......
    My thoughts exactly. No since letting the other 10 get away.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

An automatic DEATH SENTENCE for any and all gang members should be in order! This is getting out of hand and the USA is so pussyfied that we are going down hill QUICK!
    "Brains before Bullets"

How would this work:
    Criminal kills criminal = cash reward/no charges filed
    Criminal kills civilian = mandatory death sentence, no appeals, carried out as they leave the courtroom.

If you take the criminal vs. criminal statistics out of the equation, I'm sure even D.C. is civilized...

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    An automatic DEATH SENTENCE for any and all gang members should be in order! This is getting out of hand and the USA is so pussyfied that we are going down hill QUICK!
    thats because of all the liberal judges we have,i guess we need to bring in some judges from Saudi Arabia.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

This explains it.

New ccw holders go to walmart because its a likely place to get to test ther skills.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    I'm totally lost. What are you guys talking about? Are WalMarts down there that big a problem? Is there some video game there? Inside joke?

I've seen a bit of gang graffiti in some of the Wal E World restrooms locally. One never knows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links