"Dealing with it" in Tucson...

This is a discussion on "Dealing with it" in Tucson... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Tucson officer kills man shooting randomly at passers-by - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com A ...

Thread: "Dealing with it" in Tucson...

"Dealing with it" in Tucson...

Tucson officer kills man shooting randomly at passers-by - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

A SWAT officer fatally shot a man who fired a gun at another officer and earlier had shot at passers-by, Tucson police said Monday.

The early afternoon shooting occurred after police responded to several 911 calls, said Officer Chuck Rydzak, a Tucson police spokesman.

Callers told police someone was shooting from a dirt lot behind a fast-food restaurant and a convenience store.

The man was shooting a handgun as he drove a lightweight vehicle meant for driving on sand around the lot, then pointed the weapon at a responding officer, who took cover and heard shots being fired at him, Rydzak said.

A SWAT officer with a long rifle approached from another direction and fired at least once "to remove the deadly threat," Rydzak added.

Police haven't identified the gunman but believe he was in his 30s, he said. No motive was immediately determined.

No other injuries were reported, and investigators sought to determine whether there were any property damages, Rydzak said.
    =====
    I love it - if the story is accurate, the RO calls for rifle backup, SWAT officer arrives, takes out the BG with minimal fuss. No armored cars or negotiation teams. Right up there with Inspector Harry Callahan and the hot dog...

Tucson SWAT gets MY "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval"!

2. Remove Ads

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I love it - if the story is accurate, the RO calls for rifle backup, SWAT officer arrives, takes out the BG with minimal fuss. No armored cars or negotiation teams. Right up there with Inspector Harry Callahan and the hot dog...

Tucson SWAT gets MY "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval"!
    Yes, the story is accurate. It happened in a very busy part of the city, Oracle and Grant. It is not surprising that LEO ended the threat quickly. One salient point that was omitted from the report is that the incident occurred right next to a strip joint...

And this is on the heels of an LEO getting stabbed on the south side.

B52
    Tucson is getting crazy. My co-worker's neighbor was killed in a home invasion last week. The neighborhood is nice, you just never can tell where crime will pop up its ugly head. I believe the border crime is a lot too blame. It is ashame they aren't beefing up our police force. What are my freaking property taxes paying for? I know it's not the school system...

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Great job by the cops. I like how he dealt with it. It also saved millions of taxpayer $$ by avoiding a lengthy trial & prison time for the bad guy.

Links