Man on bicycle shot, killed near Palm Springs

This is a discussion on Man on bicycle shot, killed near Palm Springs within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is the second such incident in the last 24 hours. I didn't bother posting the first one because people tend to become numb to ...

Thread: Man on bicycle shot, killed near Palm Springs

This is the second such incident in the last 24 hours. I didn't bother posting the first one because people tend to become numb to the same old stories. I'll see if I can track down the first one I saw. This may be random gang initiation-type stuff where a car pulls up on an unsuspecting victim and opens fire for grins and giggles.

Some of the third world countries I've spent time in or call a second home don't see this kind of vagrant disregard for human life

By ROCHELLE E.B. GILKEN

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Friday, May 16, 2008

A man on a bicycle was shot several times and killed at 1995 South Military Trail west of West Palm Beach, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

After the shooting at 7:15 this morning, witnesses said a black Mitsubishi was seen speeding away, but no additional suspect information is available.

The victim appeared to be in his late 20s.

The sheriffs office said several 911 calls came in for multiple gunshots and deputies found the body behind a closed shopping plaza. A witness told deputies there were other people in the area who may have seen something. Anyone with information should call (561) 688-3400 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.

VIP Member
    Wow, I just started a thread the other day "Need bicycle recommendations". We haven't bought them yet, but will soon enough. My wife and I will ccw on the bikes, and we'll be riding during the daylight in "safe" areas. Of course you never know.......thanks for the head's up.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Links