GOOD: Man Prevents Further Attacks On Himself By Drawing Weapon - Brookings, OR

This is a discussion on GOOD: Man Prevents Further Attacks On Himself By Drawing Weapon - Brookings, OR within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gold Beach, Oregon - News and Visitor Information The Brookings Police Department hasn't gotten much sleep in the past 24 hours, as a Brookings man ...

Thread: GOOD: Man Prevents Further Attacks On Himself By Drawing Weapon - Brookings, OR

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD: Man Prevents Further Attacks On Himself By Drawing Weapon - Brookings, OR

Gold Beach, Oregon - News and Visitor Information

The Brookings Police Department hasn't gotten much sleep in the past 24 hours, as a Brookings man drew a gun on multiple individuals on Monday. In a series of recent incidents, Brookings Police Officers have arrested twelve individuals in multiple cases.

On 05-12-08 at about 7:25 p.m., Officers were dispatched to McDonald's restaurant, 815 Chetco Avenue in Brookings, Oregon for a report of a fight between multiple subjects. While in-route to the call, officers were notified one of the individuals involved in the fight was waving a gun.

Police officers arrived on the scene less than one minute later and found Kerry Von Pohle (9/18/1948) pointing a revolver towards Kevin Eber (10/7/1989) and Jacob Shelton (9/5/1988). Officers drew their firearms and commanded Von Pohle to put his weapon down. Von Pohle complied with these commands. An investigation revealed Von Pohle had drawn his gun in self-defense.

Kevin Eber had thrown a partially full beer can, striking Von Pohle's car. Von Pohle asked Eber why and Eber became violent, telling Von Pohle he was going to kill him. During that exchange, Shelton attacked Von Pohle, striking him with closed fists and slamming his head into a parked car.

Von Pohle attempted to fend off the attack but realized Eber was closing in on him as well. Von Pohle drew his concealed 9mm revolver (for which he had a weapon permit) and pointed it at both subjects telling them if they came any closer he would shoot. The suspects stopped their advance. Von Pohle also had called 911 to notify police.

Eber was arrested within minutes and lodged; Shelton had left the scene and was later arrested. Eber was charged with Menacing, and Disorderly Conduct, and Shelton was charged with Assault and Menacing. Both were lodged in the Curry County Jail. Von Pohle was not charged with a crime.
    Not the most experienced gun owner, but I have yet to see a 9mm revolver. My grandparents had some vacation property in Brookings, and I spent many a summer in this quiet seaside community.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Me, too

940 S&W, a fine CCW.

A 19 and 20 year old picking a fight with a 60 year old man?...They should have known better!
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmr18z View Post
    A 19 and 20 year old picking a fight with a 60 year old man?...They should have known better!

exactly my thought..

This just in...

Gray Hairs 2

Common Thugs 0

Final Score...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Well Janq & Fmr18Z, like I said above, "I am not the most experienced gun owner". Learn something new everyday, I truly did not know that revolvers were chambered in 9mm.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Well Janq & Fmr18Z, like I said above, "I am not the most experienced gun owner". Learn something new everyday, I truly did not know that revolvers were chambered in 9mm.
    Got me there too.

Another couple years of your average Jane and Joe citizen getting CC permits, the basic criminal and billy bad ass will either change careers, or change tactics.

We might actually start seeing respect from the young ones again.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post

- Janq

Look, it has a 5 shot magazine.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links