UGLY: Woman Dies After Interrupting A Burglary - Las Vegas

This is a discussion on UGLY: Woman Dies After Interrupting A Burglary - Las Vegas within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Las Vegas Now | New Details in Deadly Home Burglary Police are investigating a shooting at a Las Vegas home that left two people dead ...

Thread: UGLY: Woman Dies After Interrupting A Burglary - Las Vegas

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

UGLY: Woman Dies After Interrupting A Burglary - Las Vegas

Las Vegas Now | New Details in Deadly Home Burglary

Police are investigating a shooting at a Las Vegas home that left two people dead Thursday night. Police say a man told them that he and his wife came home and were met by a burglar in their house. According to officers, the burglar shot and killed the woman and the husband then shot and killed the burglar.

Some neighbors were crying as they learned of their neighbor's tragic death. As of Friday morning, the streets were still littered with bits of crime scene tape.

Neighbors were blocked out of their homes, and the neighborhood was on lock down for hours.

"We waited for about an hour before we could bring the car here," said Mort Arditti, a neighbor.

Police say the couple returned to their home on Friday night around 9 p.m. and surprised a burglar. Police say the burglar was someone the couple knew and had hired in the past to do work at the home.

The female victim, Sharon Randolph, had lived in the neighborhood for 12 years.

"I just saw her three days ago. Real nice lady. Said how nice the yard looked," said neighbor Robert Donat.

Donat says she asked why he does all his yard work himself. He said he didn't want strangers at his house, but he says Sharon was different.

"They bring a lot of strangers over there to do odd jobs for them. You are just asking for trouble. You don't know the people you are bringing into your house," he said.

According to police, a handyman the couple had hired broke into the house and was burglarizing it when they came home. Police say the suspect shot and killed the Randolph.

"Now she's gone overnight, just like that. And we were all home last night and we heard the helicopter and they were kicking people out of their houses around them. Just amazing," said Donat.

But neighbors say there might be more too it. Sharon's husband had died a few years back and she met a new man on the Internet who wasn't too popular with neighbors.

"A lot of fighting going on, her and her new husband. I guess she found him on the Internet and a lot of U-Haul trucks. She is always taking him back, so not a good thing," said Donat.

Police say that new husband struggled with the burglar and ended up shooting the man to death in the garage.
    Ugly situation.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Wow, lose your wife to a burglar shooting her and then read in the paper your neighbors' opinions of what a lousy neighbor and husband you are. That's gotta hurt.

Tin foil hat time.

Maybe if the guy was that big a douche, he arranged the fake breakin, had the guy kill his wife, then "erased" the hitman to eliminate witnesses.

Tin foil hat removed.

I'm seeing some funny stuff here too ,I wonder how big the life insurance policy is
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I agree, sounds shady, almost exactly like an episode of “New Detectives” Or “Forensic Files” that recently aired.

Poor woman.

I used to bring in day labor until one showed up at 1:30 in the morning drunk trying to scale my front gate.

Fortunately for him my neighbor was coming home at the same time and confronted him before he took off in a waiting car.

That sucks.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I agree, sounds shady, almost exactly like an episode of “New Detectives” Or “Forensic Files” that recently aired.
    My thoughts as well.........
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

I was just thinking the same thing. Burglar shoots wife at husband's behest, then husband does not pay burglar but kills him instead.
    I hate to be cynical and I am really sorry if it turns out that it happened just like it was supposed to have happened on the news, but there seems like there is more to it.
    When all the neighbors feel like that, there is usually a valid reason behind it.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Links