Ugly. Car Jacking gone bad.

This is a discussion on Ugly. Car Jacking gone bad. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police Checking Out Tips in NorthPark Shooting Fox News Reward Offered In NorthPark Shooting Woman Shot Outside NorthPark Center Dallas police were combing through tips ...

Thread: Ugly. Car Jacking gone bad.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar

Ugly. Car Jacking gone bad.

Police Checking Out Tips in NorthPark Shooting

Fox News
    Reward Offered In NorthPark Shooting
    Woman Shot Outside NorthPark Center

Dallas police were combing through tips about Friday's shooting at NorthPark Center in which a 43-year-old woman was shot in the face by an unknown attacker.

Officers released a photo of the victim, Mary Boyd of Waxahachie, on Monday. She's expected to undergo reconstructive surgery to to repair damage left by the gunshot to her left cheekbone.

Boyd was in her pickup truck waiting for her 16-year-old daughter to emerge from the AMC Theaters when a gunman approached her around 9 p.m. He fired several shots through the driver's side window as Boyd put the truck in gear and drove away. Witnesses say the man followed on foot for a short time, but then ran from the scene.

Boyd managed to make it to the valet stand outside Nordstrom department store for help.

NorthPark Center and Schepps Dairy are offering a total of $35,000 in reward money for information leading to the arrest and indictment of a suspect.

Violent crimes at the mall are very rare, according to data released by the Dallas Police Department.

The shopping center experienced only eight violent crimes per year during both 2006 and 2007, according to police. Other crimes, like car burglaries, were more common.

For more information on NorthPark Center's crime statistics, see the links in the sidebar.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

2. Remove Ads

This shoot first trend is really in high gear with the thugs. I guess the 5-10 year sentences for manslaughter aren't much of a deterrent.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Wow,

Glad to hear the woman survived. I wonder if there was a connection between the victim and the BG, or was it just a random, senseless act of violence?
    Last edited by CT-Mike; May 20th, 2008 at 06:34 PM.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Wow,

Glad to hear the woman survived. I wonder if there was a connection between the victim and the BG, and was it just a random, senseless act of violence?
    I don't think it was really a carjacking. If you want to steal a car, why would you shoot it up first?
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about this....wonder if it's a domestic situation.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

In a situation like that, in your vehicle behind the wheel, there's not much you can do, except be at condition yellow and be aware of your surrounding environment (looking around, checking your mirrors and making sure you're not blocked in thus preventing an escape if needed)...I'd be curious to know why the BG started to follow her on foot after she started to drive away.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Links