Boyfriend Survives .45 to Head

This is a discussion on Boyfriend Survives .45 to Head within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Im sure the shot placement with the .45 "stopped" him in his tracks... She could have just stabbed him... thats what most women do...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend Survives .45 to Head

Im sure the shot placement with the .45 "stopped" him in his tracks...

She could have just stabbed him... thats what most women do
    "Life is like a box of chocolate... You never know who you are going to shoot."

my flickr photo page

2. Remove Ads

I'll bet he thinks twice before slapping another woman around...(if he's able to ever think again) Her problem was panicking and lieing about it, but a good lawyer should be able to bring her through. He's lucky in more ways than one...not only surviving the head shot but also that she didn't choose to empty the mag on him.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Had to be an error on the reporter's part and was actually a 9mm. Everyone know that a .45 would have taken his head clean off even with FMJ bullets. Few reporteres know the difference between gun calibers and 45 just sounded good.
    One way or another he's going to wake up with one heckuva headache.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

''She initially was claiming it was an abusive relationship, but then she started asking for a lawyer,'' McAllister said.
    So, wanting to speak with one's attorney means one is likely guilty, eh? Think hard about what this is showing, if you believe that the investigating team is your friend in a bad situation.

In this case, it might well be that he was abusive, with a history of it. Unknown about the details in this case, but it brings home a point that's important to remember: you may well not have complete control of your faculties in the immediate aftermath of a situation, so many details may best be left until after you speak with your attorney.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    you should have to have a license NOT to carry in Saginaw...
    glad he is ok...one in a million chance...and I agree it must have been a FMJ...
    that would have sucked to survive a GSW to the head, and die from the GSW to the thigh tearing the femoral artery...
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

I think this college lecture about talking to police has been posted before. But as a reminder: Don't Talk to the Police- Prof. James Duane

(its a law class... but not boring at all to listen to)

Quote Originally Posted by sui-juris View Post
    OK this just muddies the waters of the great caliber debate. Here you have great placement to the head and a "great" caliber in .45...and the guy still lives. How did he survive the blast being thrown back when hit?
    Wow! What happened to the .45 and where's the pressure wave??
    Kahr K9
    Sig P239 9mm DAK
    Sig P229 .40 SAS GenII
    Sig P250 9mm

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    He has a domestic violence history. She has no record. Hmmm...

I'm sure it was all just a big misunderstanding.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

There is not great placement of the bullet in this case. She shot him in the forehead, not in the ocular triangle. Foreheads are extremely hard and can divert bullets from the brain. A .25 in the ocular triangle would have been much more effective than this .45 to the forehead. It demonstrates again that placement is far more important than caliber.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Boyfriend Survives .45 to Head
    quite possible , unless he dated my baby girl . They might date her , they might go away , however caution is in order as redneck or not daddy will step in if they offend her .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rogers View Post
    ... I have heard of bullets doing some absolutly unbelievable things.-Jay
    Like the one which killed JFK...

Actually, I have heard more than one story about bullets doing the same thing.

Also sounds like she shot him from behind (...entered right rear hip...). She may have to splain that one.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Update!

Girlfriend faces hearing - mlive.com

Girlfriend faces hearing
    Friday, May 23, 2008
    THE SAGINAW NEWS

Jimmy Taylor was lucky enough to survive a gunshot wound to his forehead, but doctors are struggling to save an eye that popped out as a result, police say.

Prosecutors on Thursday charged a Buena Vista Township woman with shooting her 34-year-old boyfriend in the head during an apparent domestic dispute.

Latoyya K. Junious, 25, of 4872 Eva faces charges of assault with intent to commit murder of Taylor, possessing a firearm while committing a felony and carrying a concealed weapon at 2093 California in Bridgeport Township.

Saginaw County District Judge Terry L. Clark arraigned Junious and set a $150,000 cash or surety bond, meaning she must pay the full amount or pay a surety agent 10 percent to guarantee her appearance in court.

During a Thursday, June 5, preliminary hearing, District Judge Kyle Higgs Tarrant will determine whether enough evidence exists for Junious to stand trial in Circuit Court. A conviction could lead to a sentence of up to life in prison with the possibility of parole.

Taylor, who also suffered a gunshot wound to his inner thigh, was in St. Mary's of Michigan hospital in critical condition Thursday.

I BET A .9mm WOULD NOT DO ANY BETTER HOPE HE OVER COMES THE TRAGADY

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    ''She initially was claiming it was an abusive relationship, but then she started asking for a lawyer,'' McAllister said.

So what's wrong with asking for a lawyer? The way he words it, it's as if you're automagically guilty of something just because you decide to shut up, exercise some discretion and ask for a lawyer.
    My thoughts exactly (though I'm wondering how you can be automagically guilty of something? Is this what happens to Harry Potter?)
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

This supports an important subject. Carrying a handgun does not mean that you will be able to defend yourself. I am a strong believer in arming yourself legally. I am also a strong believer in being able to protect yourself with hand to hand combat and being able to RETAIN your weapon.

Not that this guy was bad...I don't know the whole story, but a bad guy can sustain numerous good hits from a handgun and continue to fight. It doesn't matter if it is a .22 or a .45. One must realize this and be prepared to flee or continue the fight another way if necessary. That may be getting offline and firing more rounds, going to an edged weapon, or going hand to hand.

I believe that everyone who carries a handgun should take some sort of self defense class. At the very least to be able to retain your weapon in a struggle.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links