Stabbing at High School Caught on Video

This is a discussion on Stabbing at High School Caught on Video within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Stabbing at California High School Caught on Video Thursday, May 22, 2008 Police believe tensions between rival gangs led to the stabbing of a teen ...

Thread: Stabbing at High School Caught on Video

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar

Stabbing at High School Caught on Video

Stabbing at California High School Caught on Video
    Thursday, May 22, 2008

Police believe tensions between rival gangs led to the stabbing of a teen girl at a San Jose high school Tuesday that was caught on a school surveillance camera, the San Jose Mercury News reported.

Police say the 17-year-old victim, who was not identified, was attacked from behind by another female student at San Jose's Oak Grove High School and stabbed in the back multiple times.

The attack took place as the victim walked through a faculty parking lot Tuesday afternoon after classes were over.

"I saw this girl stumbling around and she had blood all over her shirt," an unidentified Oak Grove student told the Mercury News. "I thought she was wearing a red jersey, but her shirt was just stained red from the stab wounds."

The girl is recovering in a local hospital after being stabbed 10 times.

Her alleged assailant — a 16-year-old sophomore — was arrested at the school by San Jose Police and booked on suspicion of attempted homicide.

Police sources and students told the Mercury News that the two girls may have been from the rival Norteño and Sureño gangs.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

2. Remove Ads

Think this is the parking lot where the stabbing occurred.

Oak Grove is as nice and big as some community colleges, but San Jose has a high rate of ethnic gangs. I'm happy that I'm not a teacher in CA, where I wouldn't be able carry on campus and not be able to defend myself and my students. Sometimes the female gang members are as ruthless as the male gang bangers.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Sponsor
    What the heck is going on with kids these days?????

When I was in high school if a cat fight broke out it was just some slappin and hair pullin, now GIRLS are knifing each other.....the worst delinquents (GUYS) in our school wouldn't even knife somebody, maybe a busted arm if the fight was REAL serious.........

No offense but I'm glad I live in the midwest in a small town, ya'll can have the coasts, they both get worse all the time........
    Last edited by mtcraigco; May 22nd, 2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: cleaned up some grammar.............
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

What a sad place to be trapped...either as a student or staff!

I enjoy (well, kind of...) our FL small rural town high school...about 700 students...I have never felt in fear of my life, or even threatened. I've certainly had instances of disrespect, but that's what families allow their kids to do now-a-days.

When a few have pushed the 'envelope'...they just don't know what this old man will do...they've always complied with my directions...either follow directions or take a hike...a slammed door is about the worst that has happened.

I have some kids from Southern Florida schools. They have told horror stories about what goes on down there...gangs, shootings, etc. They know that they have it pretty good up here.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This is the way some choose to live nowadays.
    They do not want peaceful solutions, they do not want to talk.
    Their very first reaction is violence.
    This is a choice. But I think it is more learned behavior than not. They learn this from everything around them, from their video games, from friends, from the news, from fellow gang members, from family.
    Violence permeates our society. It might be very very nice if we did something about it sometime.
    Last edited by dcb188; May 22nd, 2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: added a couple of words
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Links