BAD: High School kid shootout after graduation

This is a discussion on BAD: High School kid shootout after graduation within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These "random shooting associated high school events" have become almost regular here Jacksonville.com...

Thread: BAD: High School kid shootout after graduation

BAD: High School kid shootout after graduation

These "random shooting associated high school events" have become almost regular here

Jacksonville.com

2. Remove Ads

The bravery is almost overwhelming, pulling out guns in a McDonalds. Now that is a real man.
    It would be nice to try to infiltrate these gangs and get the illegal guns off the street, or to have a war on illegal guns. There used to be (?) a war on drugs, I don't know if you recall that. But maybe sometime when the politicians don't have much to do and police chiefs are not backlogged, maybe they could sit around and sort of talk about a War on Illegal Handguns. Or, maybe not:) No real urgency about it, judging from all the news articles posted daily on the forums. It seemed kind of urgent to me.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    The bravery is almost overwhelming, pulling out guns in a McDonalds. Now that is a real man.
    It would be nice to try to infiltrate these gangs and get the illegal guns off the street, or to have a war on illegal guns. There used to be (?) a war on drugs, I don't know if you recall that. But maybe sometime when the politicians don't have much to do and police chiefs are not backlogged, maybe they could sit around and sort of talk about a War on Illegal Handguns. Or, maybe not:) No real urgency about it, judging from all the news articles posted daily on the forums. It seemed kind of urgent to me.
    That would cause just as many problems and waste just as much money as the "war on drugs".
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I LIVE 2 MILES FROM THE Mcy Ds AND THE NEWS DONT SAY EVERYTHING BUNCH OF GRAD KIDS DRINKIN THINK COSTEMER SHOT AND LEFT . MY WIFE WORKS 100 YARDS AT THE W/D STORE THANK GOD SHE WORKS AM7-3 BUT SHE ALWAYS PACKIN BECUASE I MAKE HER THINK SHE IS COMIN AROUND

packinnova: Hi. I learned that just now on a thread I started in Law Enforcement re War on Illegal Firearms. I see now that taking away bad guy's guns is no solution :) So they get to keep 'em. Well, not the one who gets caught but the next young thug who wants to use one, has one. I have learned a lot about it just this morning....
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

the real proplem isnt so much the illigal firearms ,but the anti gun laws against LAW ABIDING CITIZENS .
    Make it lawfull to shoot these type of thugs and not be in a court battle and many $$$$$ later.
    SIGSAUR 1911 gsr 45
    S a W SIGMA 9mm CRAP
    Ruger 10 22
    Black powder 44 cal revolver

The real problem is these thugs having access to firearms.

Wow...I picked up a DVD from the Redbox at this Mc D's about an hour before this happened. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...

Yes...but this access is NOT legal access to firearms. Ergo, the criminals are obtaining firearms illegally--that's why they are criminals.

We don't have a firearm problem, we have a people problem. Specifically, criminals. Get rid of the criminals, crime tends to go away.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Lets see not so great britain has NO FIRE ARMS ,Australia has NO FIRE ARMS THEY HAVE TERRIBLE CRIME RATES WITH GUNS
    Armed citizens will limit crimmials ,un arming citizens will enbolden crimminals
    SIGSAUR 1911 gsr 45
    S a W SIGMA 9mm CRAP
    Ruger 10 22
    Black powder 44 cal revolver

to have a war on illegal guns.
    There is an organization that says that is their goal. Reasonable Gun control laws or some such thing. Think it is headed by a Sara Brady. I don't support that thinking on any level. Inevitably that results in gun control laws that impede law abiding citizens ability to defend themselves. Instead why not abolish all the laws that protect criminals? Make it legal to defend our selves, our property, and our country? Want to see a terrorist? Check out the hood. Probably not PC but in this case if all the parties involved were gang bangers I don't see a problem. If citizens were hurt, well than its time to get the rope and do some aversion therapy
    Personally if thugs would limit their shooting to other thugs I'd be all for supplying the ammo. Better yet have all gun ranges offer free shooting lessons to all known gang bangers. Rival gangs practicing on alternate nights. Fridays could be free ammo day when rival gangs bangers would be encouraged to come. Now that is a reality show I would watch.....TONIGHT we have the blue team challenging the red team for Americas Baddest MoFo award. Losers will be buried winner will be provided free room and board in one of the state's line of Grey Bar Hotels for the remainder of their lives.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Links