Pizza robbers now doing pick up v. delivery

This is a discussion on Pizza robbers now doing pick up v. delivery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man holds gun to woman's head before Pizza Hut robbery | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas News on Yahoo! | ...

Thread: Pizza robbers now doing pick up v. delivery

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Pizza robbers now doing pick up v. delivery

Man holds gun to woman's head before Pizza Hut robbery | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas News on Yahoo! | The Dallas Morning News

Man holds gun to woman's head before Pizza Hut robbery

03:50 PM CDT on Friday, May 23, 2008

From Staff Reports

Arlington police are searching for two men who held a gun to a Pizza Hut employee’s head and then robbed the store.

The robbery took place about 11 p.m. Wednesday in the 3400 block of South Watson Road, Arlington police said.

A 20-year-old woman was talking on her cell phone outside the Pizza Hut when “one suspect approached her from behind, covered her mouth and put a gun to her head,” police said. The men then dragged her to the Pizza Hut and robbed the business.

Arlington police said the two men were also responsible for robbing a 43-year-old man at an apartment complex in the 3300 block of South Watson Road earlier that evening. The robbers tried to drag the man to a dark area, but he was able to break free, run and hide.

One of the robbers wore a camouflage mask and one was armed with an automatic handgun, police said.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    One of the robbers wore a camouflage mask and one was armed with an automatic handgun, police said.
    Automatic handgun? Hmmmm. Must be a Glock 18.

YouTube - Glock 298 rounds in full auto
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I delivered Pizza's for a time being. We had some "off limit after dark" areas for reasons like this.. one of our drivers was surrounded in her vehicle by about 10-15 guys. She did the smart thing and just floored it and they moved :P

She carried a stun-gun after that. I think if I started delivery again I would carry a gun-gun.

Pizza delivery guys should be armed with at least one fully automatic weapon and full body armor. This is a screwed up world when someone like that gets fired for defending themselves. Dead or fired, your choice.

pizza del.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Pizza delivery guys should be armed with at least one fully automatic weapon and full body armor. This is a screwed up world when someone like that gets fired for defending themselves. Dead or fired, your choice.
    i"ll take being fired over dead anytime.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Dead or fired, your choice.
    And you get $7/hr and you have to use your own vehicle. What a deal!

Why anyone would deliver is beyond me. Out of sheer safety and concern for its employees (yeah ... I know), why any firm continues to offer such services is beyond me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    And you get $7/hr and you have to use your own vehicle. What a deal!.
    Well said - and they think they can tell you what you can have in your own car! That seven dollars an hour buys them god powers over your life? I agree why would somebody sell themselves for nothing like that?

screw corporate policy, i would have my .45 at all times. if i have to use it, it's probably time to look for a new job anyway!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    And you get $7/hr and you have to use your own vehicle. What a deal!

Why anyone would deliver is beyond me. Out of sheer safety and concern for its employees (yeah ... I know), why any firm continues to offer such services is beyond me.
    I did it in college, it wasnt so bad. I got paid my hourly rate, plus tips. Back in the day I would average 12-15 an hour- not to bad for the time... and gas was under a dollar too. I was able to negotiate a fuel "surcharge" after a while, once they say I knew the area better than any other driver they had. I had a car that I didnt car if I racked up miles or if it smelled like pizza, and I always had a 1911 with me.
    I had a few close calls delivering to the goverment funded housing complexs, I can share those storys if you wish.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I did it in college, it wasnt so bad. I got paid my hourly rate, plus tips. Back in the day I would average 12-15 an hour- not to bad for the time... and gas was under a dollar too. I was able to negotiate a fuel "surcharge" after a while, once they say I knew the area better than any other driver they had. I had a car that I didnt car if I racked up miles or if it smelled like pizza, and I always had a 1911 with me.
    I had a few close calls delivering to the goverment funded housing complexs, I can share those storys if you wish.
    Please sixto, i am very interested. Please elaborate. My father worked for Reiter Dairy and worked in section eight housing. I would like to hear those stories.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

I certainly understand why they chose this place.
    Pizza Hut has made all of their stores 'criminal friendly gun-free zones'.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrashok Glock View Post
    Please sixto, i am very interested. Please elaborate. My father worked for Reiter Dairy and worked in section eight housing. I would like to hear those stories.
    OK, I'll start a new thread later this afternoon.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Here is my story, summed up I was robbed at gun point and then 2 weeks later I was being chased by a gunman telling me to "wait mother fu*ker"

I quit and will never let me gun not be on my side after that crap.

The #1 Compact, Full Size, and Modified M&P Pistol Source :: MP-Pistol.com

I did the pizza jockey thing...back in the late 1980's and we where only worried about the "bad cities". Not anymore. Wow. I've always been a great tipper for them. (Min $5.00).
    Our "worst" neighborhood in Broadview Heights, Ohio was the apartment complex, that I lived in... It was the only apartment complex in the whole darn city, so it was considered the "lower" end of town. I lived there for 2 years before I got married.
    I averaged $11.00 an hour, I kept track. Gas was at .99 and jumped to $1.19 a gallon! Man...that sucked. We where only getting $5.00 an hour plus .50 a delivery. But tips where good for most customers. You gave them good service and they gave you 1-2 bucks. Some would never tip...we had our ways of getting even with them.... We where young and stupid.
    I would NEVER suggest anyone deliver now. I carry a gun with the notion of keeping myself out of situations where I might need to use it. Driving around with a pizza sigh on my car just advertises "food and money."

I wouldn't suggest anyone be a food delivery driver. PERIOD!

With gas prices the way they are and steadily rising, you can't possibly make any money. Besides the fact they need to be carrying a gun.

Had a friend of mine do some pizza running for a while. He was the only one that was willing to go to the "bad" parts of town. Why?

He always had

Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Links