Taking out the trash...True Poetic Justice

Taking out the trash...True Poetic Justice

This is a discussion on Taking out the trash...True Poetic Justice within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Full story "HOUSTON -- A homeowner opened fire Monday night and killed a man he said was trying to rob him outside his southeast Houston ...

Thread: Taking out the trash...True Poetic Justice

Talking Taking out the trash...True Poetic Justice

Full story

"HOUSTON -- A homeowner opened fire Monday night and killed a man he said was trying to rob him outside his southeast Houston home, KPRC Local 2 reported....

Authorities said one of the attempted robbers jumped out of a trash can and tried to rob him at gunpoint.

"The man had popped up out of his trash can sort of like a jack-in-the-box. The homeowner had a gun on him also. The homeowner fired, striking the suspect in the garbage can several times," Houston Police Department Homicide Division Investigator Kevin Carr said.

That suspect was pronounced dead inside the garbage can."

...and was hopefully transported as-is to the local landfill for a burial appropriate to his chosen lifestyle! Well Done, Scumbag!

Police: Homeowner Fatally Shoots Attempted Robber
    1 Suspect Dies In Trash Can; 2 Other Suspects Flee Scene On Foot

POSTED: 7:33 am CDT October 18, 2005
    UPDATED: 9:08 am CDT October 18, 2005

HOUSTON -- A homeowner opened fire Monday night and killed a man he said was trying to rob him outside his southeast Houston home, KPRC Local 2 reported.

The homeowner told KPRC Local 2 that he returned to his home on North Carolina at Zachary at about 10:45 p.m. when he saw three men unlocking burglar bars.

Authorities said one of the attempted robbers jumped out of a trash can and tried to rob him at gunpoint.

"The man had popped up out of his trash can sort of like a jack-in-the-box. The homeowner had a gun on him also. The homeowner fired, striking the suspect in the garbage can several times," Houston Police Department Homicide Division Investigator Kevin Carr said.

That suspect was pronounced dead inside the garbage can. The other two attempted robbers fled the scene on foot.

Police said they do not plan on filing charges against the homeowner. However, officers are not sure if the homeowner had a permit to carry the gun he used in the shooting.

(Story posted in full for the permanent forum record. QKShooter)
    Last edited by QKShooter; October 26th, 2005 at 08:42 AM.
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

That guy gives oscar the grouch a bad rap.

Kudos to the homeowner.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Administrator

Thumbs up Great Story "FIND" BushidoMarine

Thanks for posting it.
    I read it with my morning coffee.

I love the idea of trash can configured coffins for Human Garbage types that prey on innocent people. The only real problem that I see is that there are not normally enough handles on your average trash can to haul that much dead weight.

Assistant Administrator
    Well - hope he was ''legit'' with his carry - if so then that should leave things pretty well done and dusted.

How apt, trash being where it belongs for once.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Uhm, from the sound of this story, the guy was ON HIS OWN PROPERTY, therefore he doesn't need a CHL to carry his handgun. And even if he just returned home, not only can they not prove that he was concealing the gun off his property (since it's a misdemeanor and it didn't occur in the presence of a Peace Officer), but it it now legal to carry a handgun in your vehicle in Texas. So I don't understand why they even printed that part of the story.

Regardless, it's always good to hear of a citizen doing his own dirty work.
    Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!

Houston is a very anti gun jurisdiction. They'd try some BS like that to go after the man in court for defending himself.

I can't help it. I honestly laughed.

Yah, I forgot about Houston. I remember now that the DA said he was going to prosecute anyone caught with a gun in their car, even though the new law was passed for the express purpose of making it legal.
    Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!

What's funny to me is that even in Kali and Houston and Chewsetts, gun sales seem to be skyrocketing. I saw so many guns for sale in Houston the very short time I was there that summer it was like being in a city where the gun show never ends.

VIP Member
    It's a good thing the homeowner was carrying while on his property. So many people don't once they come home.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    I love the idea of trash can configured coffins for Human Garbage types that prey on innocent people. The only real problem that I see is that there are not normally enough handles on your average trash can to haul that much dead weight.
    But don't they have garbage cans with wheels on the bottom? That would work, right?

A1C Lickey

The LAmeStream Media always has to get their anti gun slant. Maybe in the faint hope of discouraging the next citizrn from carrying?
    Good shooting, very appropriate final resting place.
    I hope the armed citizen gets a civic award for helping to rid Houston of some human debris.
    Rob
    simplyrugged.com

Get Trained Go Armed.

“Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.”
    Winston Churchill

My garbage can city picks up has big wheels on it could easyly handle a scumbag i think

Sponsored Links