They saved a lot of paperwork, too

This is a discussion on They saved a lot of paperwork, too within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A friend of mine sent me this. Don't know if it is true, but it does make a good point. THEY SAVED A LOT OF ...

Thread: They saved a lot of paperwork, too

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

A friend of mine sent me this. Don't know if it is true, but it does make a good point.

THEY SAVED A LOT OF PAPERWORK, TOO: An irate man tried to enter a grocery store in West Palm Beach, Fla., through the exit, and manager Marino Hernandez ordered him to leave. The intruder pulled a gun; both Hernandez and his assistant manager had guns, and both pulled them to protect the numerous customers inside. The intruder saw the defense and backed out -- and started shooting. But "When I saw the first bullet hit high," Hernandez said, "right away I knew I was dealing with someone that was not a good shooter," and Hernandez and the assistant manager decided not to shoot back. The gunman fired four shots, but no one was injured. Police arrived and arrested Marshall Hugo Grant, 73, on numerous charges, including attempted murder. (Palm Beach Post) ...The most effective gun control is knowing when not to shoot, even if justified.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    A friend of mine sent me this. Don't know if it is true, but it does make a good point.
    And yet another reason we should have the death penalty. Entering through the EXIT door. The man should be flogged and run out of town. If he ever comes back he should be sent to the gallows. Imagine the audacity...Trying to ENTER the EXIT door...I makes me sick!

ETA: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ns-merged.html
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    The only problem I have with this is;

What if the man had been a GREAT shot?? Four rounds fired might not have went high but rather ON TARGET and several people might now be dead.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Yeah, hindsight makes this look great... BUT I agree with you Tally XD, it only takes one. I am glad for the way it turned out, but wow. IMO those two people probably couldn't decide to take another human life - a completely legitimate choice, but a curious one considering they were carrying a weapon that has no "stun" setting and should have been a conversation they had with themselves ahead of time. I don't know that of course, just a suspicion. Two people in the same place that had the control not to fire back and someone? They had great perception and self control if that is the case though! Either way it turned out well.

Sponsored Links