Real Ugly: Boy wanted to Kill Classmates

This is a discussion on Real Ugly: Boy wanted to Kill Classmates within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Boy Wrote of Desire to Kill Many at Indiana School Wednesday, June 04, 2008 Oct. 22, 2003: Columbine gunman Dylan Klebold, left, watches as Eric ...

Thread: Real Ugly: Boy wanted to Kill Classmates

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar

Real Ugly: Boy wanted to Kill Classmates

Boy Wrote of Desire to Kill Many at Indiana School
    Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Oct. 22, 2003: Columbine gunman Dylan Klebold, left, watches as Eric Harris sets to fire a pistol.
    CLEVELAND — A teenager accused of plotting a school attack wrote that he wanted "instant recognition" for shooting a record number of victims and that he wouldn't feel sorry about it, according to documents unsealed Tuesday.

A black spiral notebook authorities obtained from the 16-year-old boy's locker at Penn High School in Mishawaka, Ind., contained handwritten entries in which the teen expressed his hatred for most of the people at the school.

"I wanna break the current shooting record. I wanna get instant recognition. The only thing that stops me is the fact of being put in jail forever, or having to kill myself, or getting killed by an officer. I could kill anyone without feeling sorry because society sucks!!!" read an entry dated April 18, the day before he was arrested.

The teenager has been charged with a juvenile count of conspiracy to commit murder and a denial plea has been entered on his behalf. A hearing is scheduled on June 11 to determine whether he'll stay in juvenile custody.

He is accused of plotting with Lee Billi, 33, of suburban Cleveland. Authorities said Billi and the teenager exchanged e-mails in April, discussing simultaneous mass murders at the teen's high school and at another location that police haven't identified.

RelatedStories
    Indiana Teen Accused of Plotting School Attack Charged with Conspiracy to Commit Murder Indiana Prosecutor Says 16-Year-Old Planned Columbine-Style Attack A search warrant affidavit filed to obtain a judge's approval to search Billi's computer and disks was unsealed Tuesday.

According to the documents, the teenager told authorities his violent thoughts began when his girlfriend broke up with him.

He chatted online with Billi about obtaining "party favors," a code name for guns and bombs, the documents say. An entry in the teen's notebook says they planned their attacks to be carried out on Sept. 11.

A message seeking comment was left after business hours Tuesday at the office of the teen's lawyer, James Nafe of South Bend, Ind.

Billi was arrested April 24 and has pleaded not guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit murder, 38 counts of pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor and one count of possessing criminal tools.

He is being represented by the Cuyahoga County public defender's office, and a message left there late Tuesday wasn't immediately returned.

Authorities said the plot was detected when a school officer investigating an unrelated threat discovered Internet postings in which the teen discussed his support for the Columbine High School shooters, who killed 12 classmates and a teacher before committing suicide in 1999.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

2. Remove Ads

"I wanna break the current shooting record. I wanna get instant recognition.

This is the problem. The press has made these scumbag school shooters into heroes for losers like this punk. Now it is all just a game to them. Who can kill the most people?
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

One more reason to allow Teachers to carry. Not all teachers, but I remember back to my High School days there are several Teachers that I think could handle it, like my ROTC Instructors for example. My track coach wouldn't need to carry, he was made of steel anyway.

Especially growing up where I did (South East Dallas, Pleasant Grove) it was bad. And our Principal would hide in his private restroom whenever a riot broke out, and we always had a LOE presence and DISD Youth Action (School Cops).

If more Teachers/Professors could carry I think we would see less and less of this. Columbine should have been the only school shooting of its kind, PERIOD, we should have learned from that.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

We've basically turned Columbine into a memorial to the shooter(s). That's the problem. There should be *no* naming the shooter 153,362,146 in the news over the first two days.

The media creates events like these by bad practices and reporting.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

They are everywhere. Ditto on the result of wide and shrill publication of such events. We end up with dolts on the edge, wishing for fame in a way their minds cannot otherwise enable.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Kids at that age have a lot of hormonal changes that sometimes seem to really make them get out of whack, not knowing right from wrong. It sounds like he fits the profile for a serial killer; loner, social outcast, etc. At that age he can be treated and tried as an adult but he does not have the maturity or responsibility of an adult.

Sometimes people write things that are imaginative but if you find writings like this along with the other symptoms then there needs to be some intervention.

I am glad he was discovered before any real wrong was done. I guess I am preaching to the choir.. come to think of it, I will bet he doesn't have a church home.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Kids at that age have a lot of hormonal changes that sometimes seem to really make them get out of whack, not knowing right from wrong. It sounds like he fits the profile for a serial killer; loner, social outcast, etc. At that age he can be treated and tried as an adult but he does not have the maturity or responsibility of an adult.

Sometimes people write things that are imaginative but if you find writings like this along with the other symptoms then there needs to be some intervention.

I am glad he was discovered before any real wrong was done. I guess I am preaching to the choir.. come to think of it, I will bet he doesn't have a church home.
    Bingo on the other symptoms. I'll bet that most of us at some time have considered carrying out a mass execution of some group of people. It may be convicted killers, Arabs, illegal aliens or whatever but usually that is just idle daydreaming or fleeting thoughts. When it becomes an obsession or is reenforced with other actions then there is a concern. Probably if you start writing down those thought then that is a step in the wrong direction.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I'll bet that most of us at some time have considered carrying out a mass execution of some group of people.
    I agree with this assumption. The key difference, however, is that we usually have these thoughts during a fit of rage or frustration that lasts only moments. Once we cool down or relax a bit, those thoughts go away and we realize that murder is definately NOT something we want to get involved with.

These people, however, hang on to those ideas and nurture them, growing them into what eventually becomes a horriffic reality for the victims and their families. At least someone is paying attention to this kind of thing now.

"The only thing that stops me is the fact of being put in jail forever, or having to kill myself, or getting killed by an officer.
    He never mentioned the possibility of being shot by anyone other than himself or an officer. He believes no one else at school has a gun.

Further evidence that gun-free zones are considered prime shooting opportunities for killers.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    He never mentioned the possibility of being shot by anyone other than himself or an officer. He believes no one else at school has a gun.

Further evidence that gun-free zones are considered prime shooting opportunities for killers.
    Bingo.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post

That's why if I were a teacher I would carry anyway!! Keep it concealed very well and for the love of god don't let anyone know. I would rather be alive and be wrong then dead and right!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
    That's why if I were a teacher I would carry anyway!!
    Yeah, well, you are likely to get cut some slack by anyone who makes you if you are carrying anywhere but in a school. Anyone there is likely to have pre-twisted knickers, just waiting for an excuse to scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
    That's why if I were a teacher I would carry anyway!! Keep it concealed very well and for the love of god don't let anyone know. I would rather be alive and be wrong then dead and right!
    Yeah, well, you are likely to get cut some slack by anyone who makes you if you are carrying anywhere but in a school. Anyone there is likely to have pre-twisted knickers, just waiting for an excuse to scream.
    ...not all teachers are sheeples...
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Links