Home Owner 2, Criminals Zero

This is a discussion on Home Owner 2, Criminals Zero within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here is another one-sided article from the media. Police: Shooting Was Self-Defense - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville The article did not say if ...

Thread: Home Owner 2, Criminals Zero

Home Owner 2, Criminals Zero

Here is another one-sided article from the media.

Police: Shooting Was Self-Defense - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville

The article did not say if the owner was CC, but would have to had it on his person to act this quickly.

2. Remove Ads

Police: Shooting Was Self-Defense
    Earl Springer, Dazmond Turner Shot To Death

POSTED: 4:13 pm EDT June 4, 2008
    UPDATED: 6:20 pm EDT June 4, 2008

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Two teens are dead, but police aren't charging the man who shot them with a crime.

The shooting happened Tuesday at a house in west Louisville.

"For sure, there's not a doubt in my mind, my wife and I would be dead if I didn't do what I did," said property owner Billy Jackson.

Jackson said he was sprucing up an apartment in the house he owns at 3517 West Broadway when two masked men forced their way inside. He said one had a large gun, and threatened to kill him and his wife.

"I figured I was going to die and they were going to die, too," said Jackson. "I faked a heart attack; shot him in the side."

The coroner released the names of the alleged intruders late Wednesday afternoon. They are Earl Springer and Dazmond Turner, both 19.

"It just seems like I'm going to lay down, wake up and this is not happening," said Stephanie Roach, Turner's great aunt.

She said Turner's death doesn't seem real. She said he once had dreams of NBA stardom, but she never dreamed he would be accused of invading a home.

"It's just something that he wouldn't do and it's been eating at me all night long. It's like, no, that's not Daz," she said. "I don't know if he was forced into doing it, but that is not my nephew."

"At least one of the suspects was armed with a handgun," said Metro Police Detective Phil Russell. "The property owner was assaulted. He sustained minor injuries."

Police said Springer died at the scene, while Turner died early Wednesday morning at University Hospital.

"They will confer with the commonwealth attorney's office in order to determine if charges need to be placed," Russell said. "At this time in the investigation, it looks as though this was self-defense."

Family members said Turner was once a star point guard for Valley High School who was working toward getting his GED while preparing to be a first-time father this summer.

Roach said family members thought Turner was out of town at the time of the shooting. Now they wish he would have followed through on those plans.

"That's what's shocking everybody. He was supposed to be in Florida to reunite with his mother and his sisters," Roach said. "Now, they're on their way to bury him."
    "I don't know if he was forced into doing it, but that is not my nephew."

Yeh, right. It's NEVER the perp's fault.

"They will confer with the commonwealth attorney's office in order to determine if charges need to be placed," Russell said. "At this time in the investigation, it looks as though this was self-defense."
    They broke into the house masked and armed, how clearer can this be. They are always lovely kids after they get shot.
    NRA Member

Smart thinking by the homeowner by faking heart attack -bought himself the time he needed.

jp

Nice how they keep referring to the two attackers as "victims".
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Distinguished Member
    If those 2 were "good" kids, I sure would not want to see what 2 "bad" kids would do.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    "I don't know if he was forced into doing it, but that is not my nephew."

Yeh, right. It's NEVER the perp's fault.
    Masked! Armed! Forced their way in! Why is this even a question?
    Tom

Glock 19
    Kimber Gold Combat Stainless II
    Wilson Combat Tactcial Supergrade
    Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade Compact

Where is 2x now? Oh I guess the homeowner was black too so he cant say who was at fault.

He's a great kid...

Working on his GED...code for quit high school...

Preparing to be a first-time father...HOW?...by knocking up some party girl, quitting high school, and robbing honest people?

I deal with "Daz-type" kids every day...
    Kids like this brag about having their 'jail time' merit badge...being a thug, and enjoying the 'easy life' that doesn't require a high school diploma...
    I tell them that the money may be great, but the retirement plan stinks...either long-term jail or death.

This kid was a (an apparent) loser who refused to 'cut it' with his studies...who found it easier to put on a mask and use a gun to terrify hard-working homeowners into giving up their 'stash'...he got exactly what he deserved.

Congrats to these homeowners......and it was a '2 fer'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

B52
    I love happy endings!

Maybe they were trick or treating early
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by rmarkob View Post
    Nice how they keep referring to the two attackers as "victims".
    Actually, the article did pretty well, IMO. I didn't find the word 'victim' anywhere. Better than average, as far as I can tell.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Two teens are dead, but police aren't charging the man who shot them with a crime.

The shooting happened Tuesday at a house in west Louisville.

"For sure, there's not a doubt in my mind, my wife and I would be dead if I didn't do what I did," said property owner Billy Jackson.

Jackson said he was sprucing up an apartment in the house he owns at 3517 West Broadway when two masked men forced their way inside. He said one had a large gun, and threatened to kill him and his wife.

"I figured I was going to die and they were going to die, too," said Jackson. "I faked a heart attack; shot him in the side."

The coroner released the names of the alleged intruders late Wednesday afternoon. They are Earl Springer and Dazmond Turner, both 19.

"It just seems like I'm going to lay down, wake up and this is not happening," said Stephanie Roach, Turner's great aunt.

She said Turner's death doesn't seem real. She said he once had dreams of NBA stardom, but she never dreamed he would be accused of invading a home.

"It's just something that he wouldn't do and it's been eating at me all night long. It's like, no, that's not Daz," she said. "I don't know if he was forced into doing it, but that is not my nephew."

"At least one of the suspects was armed with a handgun," said Metro Police Detective Phil Russell. "The property owner was assaulted. He sustained minor injuries."

Police said Springer died at the scene, while Turner died early Wednesday morning at University Hospital.

Family members said Turner was once a star point guard for Valley High School who was working toward getting his GED while preparing to be a first-time father this summer.

Roach said family members thought Turner was out of town at the time of the shooting. Now they wish he would have followed through on those plans.

"That's what's shocking everybody. He was supposed to be in Florida to reunite with his mother and his sisters," Roach said. "Now, they're on their way to bury him."
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Good kids my foot.

They would've victimized many other people in their lives if they hadn't been shot.

Good riddance.
    Last edited by Scott; August 20th, 2008 at 05:57 AM. Reason: profanity workaround
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by NKMG19 View Post
    They broke into the house masked and armed, how clearer can this be. They are always lovely kids after they get shot.
    "He was a GOOD boy, the man could have simply asked my son to leave."

I have heard this sort of thing coming from the parents of a well known gangbanger who broke into their neighbors house while trying to evade police... the parents claim that their POS criminal son could have been asked to leave and he was no threat to the victim (though he had a LONG criminal history with assaults and battery.)
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Links