Very Ugly: 2 Girls Found Dead in a Ditch Along Rural Oklahoma Road

This is a discussion on Very Ugly: 2 Girls Found Dead in a Ditch Along Rural Oklahoma Road within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOXNews.com - 2 Girls Found Dead in a Ditch Along Rural Oklahoma Road - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FOXNews.com - 2 Girls Found Dead in a Ditch Along Rural Oklahoma Road - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Oklahoma police are searching for a motive in the double slayings of two young girls found dead Sunday night in a ditch along a rural road.

The girls, friends aged 13 and 11, were discovered by a relative after they failed to return from an afternoon walk on the county road south of Interstate 40 in Okfuskee County near Weleetka, Okla.

The deaths of the girls, whose names have not been released by the medical examiner, were labeled "double homicide" by investigators, according to News9.com in Oklahoma City.

The Oklahoman identified the elder girl as Taylor Placker and said the girls were found clothed in T-shirts and shorts with multiple gunshot wounds. Taylor's father discovered the bodies.

KOCO-TV identified the 11-year-old as Skyla Whitaker.

Okfuskee County Sheriff Jack Choate told the paper that they have a suspect in the case, but no motive.

"They were little girls," Choate told the paper. "What possible motive could there be? You have to wonder, did they see something they were not supposed to? Were they at the wrong place at the wrong time?"

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Inspector Stan Florence said they combed the area through the night.

"This is a case that involves two innocent girls that were walking out on their own," Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Inspector Stan Florence said. "Some evidence has been found at the scene which may be useful to us. We have spent a lot of time going down this road looking for evidence."

Florence did not immediately return a call for comment from FOXNews.com.

A spokesman at the sheriff's department told FOXNews.com that investigators were still at the scene. Stormy weather had blown through the area late Sunday and early Monday.

The girls were found in an isolated pasture area about one-quarter of a mile from one of the girls' homes. Weleetka is a community of approximately 950 people about 90 miles east of Oklahoma City.

Taylor attended Graham Public School in Weleetka, where in 2006 she was a fifth grade queen candidate in the Elementary Royalty Coronation, according to the school's Web site.

"Taylor was the most lively, beautiful little girl you ever met," her uncle Joe Mosher told the Oklahoman. "She was very intelligent and had good grades. She didn't have an enemy in this world. People who didn't even know her loved her."
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Crap like this simply does not happen where i live . Note tho i live in one of the most sparsely populated countys in colorado , and in fact we dont have a single traffic light in the entire county . My stepdad has a place down at Hugo OK ( just across the river from paris tx ) and down there there is much more problems than we have here , especially on his " landlord " place(s) .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I'm sure crap like that didn't just happen there either til some sick ******* decided to either try and abduct them and they tried to run so he killed them.That's the only scenario comes to mind I don't think somebody was trolling just to kill some little girls.I don't know how many times we were out exploring desolate places when I was a kid and have to worry about something like this happening.when they catch the guy just hang him why even try to rehabilitate
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Things like this can and do happen almost anywhere, and even in "safe" places.

I have a vague recollection of an incident near dusk, when I and a friend (both about 11 y.o. males) were walking on a rural road and a car stopped to ...it was obvious the driver was drunk, in a rage, and a danger.

Fortunately, we (by accident) did the right thing. We took off running in the direction from which the car had come-- to the guy's rear; and being in a rural area I knew well, we headed deep into the woods where we could hide.
    As we jumped a stone fence, he drove off.

(And that incident took place 54 years ago, when it was a simpler time and generally a safer time.)

This is a truely sad story. I sure hope they catch the person/s responsible and give them the maximum sentence.

This can and does happen everywhere. Big cities, small towns, rural communities, none of them are immune from this type of thing. It boils down to the simple fact that some people just loose it, they have no respect for life and let whatever evil dwells within them take over and become animals.

I hope the father, is able to deal with finding his daughter the way he did. I can't think of anything worse than to find that your child was a victim of such a violent act and be the first one to see them.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I say we tie whoever it is to a tree.... hand a gun to their father/mother and let them have target practice on the SOB.

Your scenario, is the only one I can think of as well.

Although, I did see a few cases here where someone shot and killed someone, because they "just wanted to see what it was like to kill someone". They recently were talking about a "movement" to free one of them.... the local newspaper journalist was pushing it to.... that is until I called him and informed him more about the guy's attitude when he killed them, how he did it, and how it was for the "fun of it". He investigated what I told him, and changed his mind about the guy ever being free again.

VIP Member
    Hopyard, they had cars back then??

Seriously though, no place is safe anymore. Children and adults alike are abducted from their homes. Shot down in broad daylight for no reason, other than some psycho looking for a thrill. The 17 years I lived in rural Oklahoma I found it to be one of the friendliest places I have been. East central OK, rural sitting, I would guess they saw something they shouldn't have seen. Anything from drug deal, illegal immigrant smugglers, to someone poaching game.
    Whoever it was I hope they catch them and show them no mercy.

Rural area, small population, I hate to speculate on who, but. As far as to what I'd do to them, no comment.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    ..... As far as to what I'd do to them, no comment.
    +1 There is NOTHING those girls did to get this.....but what I'd want to do to the guilty..................
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Terrible tragedy indeed. Hopefully the perp will choose suicide by cop when the time arrives. One thing we all need to realize is that this world holds a balance between good and evil, and sometimes it appears that evil is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post

Crap like this simply does not happen where i live . Note tho i live in one of the most sparsely populated countys in colorado , and in fact we dont have a single traffic light in the entire county .

Weleetka is a community of approximately 950 people about 90 miles east of Oklahoma City.

I'm guessing the 950 residents of Weleetka OK probably felt the same way. Sad beyond belief. Here's hoping that there's a special place in Hell already reserved for whoever did this.

Sympathy and prayers for the family, but more especially the Grandfather who found them.... he will never sleep well at night again. I cannot begin to say what that would do to me......

As my grand-daughter says.... "my granddad carries a gun because he loves us and wants to be able to protect us from anyone who would ever try to hurt us".

This is such a sad and unbelievable thing to happen. As a grandfather I hate to even think about what that poor man is thinking. I am glad it was not me. I have my CFP and watch my grand kids when they are with us, but you can not watch over them all the time. They need to be taught to watch out for themselves when we are not around. It just seems that more sick people are stocking around they there us to be. As a grandpa I know what I would do to the sob.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Heartbreaking. And the perp is still at large ...

Lot's of meth-cookers in OK. If I had to place money...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links