GOOD: One Home Invader Shot - Fountain Inn, SC

This is a discussion on GOOD: One Home Invader Shot - Fountain Inn, SC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One Of Three Home Invaders Shot Early Monday - News - News Channel 7, Upstate South Carolina A man who investigators say was shot, while ...

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

One Of Three Home Invaders Shot Early Monday - News - News Channel 7, Upstate South Carolina

A man who investigators say was shot, while breaking into a home early Monday morning in Fountain Inn, is undergoing surgery. A total of three men invaded the house.

The Laurens County Sheriff's Office has not released the name of the man who was shot or his condition. Authorities say this happened during a home invasion on Fairview Road around 12:45am Monday.

We're told three people kicked in the door of the home and dragged the resident out of his bed. Deputies say the homeowner was beaten, but he was able to get a gun and shoot on of the three robbers.

That victim was able to get to Saint Francis Hospital where the surgery is being done. The homeowner was injured and was taken to Hillcrest Hospital in Simpsonville.

Deputies are trying to find the two other home invasion suspects. If you have any information, call 911.

Reporting by Noelle Kachinsky, Mary Lu Saylor
    Hopefully the other two will be caught in short order.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Hope the homeowner will recover without after-effects. Too bad he didn't get all three of these scum. Sad situation when you are not even safe in your own home anymore.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Amazing how fast brazen robbers run when confronted with a gun and somebody that ain't scared to use it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

We need another law...

It should be required that all home invaders must be shot 2CM/1H...this would, of course, require ALL homeowners to have extra magazines...OMO

Stay armed...buy extra mags...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

"That victim was able to get to Saint Francis Hospital where the surgery is being done. The homeowner was injured and was taken to Hillcrest Hospital in Simpsonville."

That "victim" is one of the SUSPECTS! Silly media!
    Glad the homeowner (i.e: the VICTIM) was able to arm himself and take care of business.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

+1 on goldshellback. I really hate it when the perp is called a 'victim'.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    "That victim was able to get to Saint Francis Hospital where the surgery is being done. The homeowner was injured and was taken to Hillcrest Hospital in Simpsonville."

That "victim" is one of the SUSPECTS! Silly media!
    Glad the homeowner (i.e: the VICTIM) was able to arm himself and take care of business.
    Exactly.

I think the newspaper should publish the name and address of the criminal. Maybe his neighbors would like to know what he does to other people in the middle of the night. If my neighbor was a home invader, I'd like to know it.

He was a victim of his own stupidity ,greed,bravado, insert other pertinent description here........
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Member Array Detachment_Charlie's Avatar

Question Southern Thing?

"...he was able to get a gun and shoot on of the three robbers."
    Is this "shoot on" just a southern thing? Like Grits?
    Hey, I'm just a city boy.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

Sadly, we are seeing more multiple-invader invasions.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    Sadly, we are seeing more multiple-invader invasions.
    It could be just me, but over the last year the number of multiple invader events seems to be going up noticably. Three is not all that uncommon anymore and two seems to be getting close to being normal. It suggests to me that one want's an HD weapon with a enough ammo capacity to put three rounds in 3 invaders with some left over for insurance, misses, a 4th in the invasion party, and so forth, with out having to have a mag pouch on the PJ's.

I saw the picture of Ayoob's HD gun, a Beretta 92 with a 20 round magazine and a rail light in one of his books and thought there was a message there. He is prepared for multiple invaders.

I bought the G19 to be both an HD and a carry, though I found I don't carry it, I carry the PPK instead. Had I realized at the time the difference in mission between HD and SD/CCW, I might have purchased a G17 instead.

16 rounds including the one up the pipe is probably plenty, but one wonders ... at this point, when the shooting starts, the invaders closest to the door seem to get out of Dodge, but I would hate to bet on that always being the case.

Fitch

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    LOL, there's that high capacity magazine for 1911's, a drum that hangs below the grip. Not so good for concealed carry.

So far, the bad guys are taking off running when the guns come out so someone should be okay as long as they don't corner the intruders. Are we going to see them run toward the guns instead? There's a lot of fighting south of the border, and we are going to see veterans of that fighting showing up in the street gangs up here.

I really don't think the home invaders come looking for a gunfight. They come fast thru the front door in the middle of the night, using surprise as their primary weapon. An armed response is the last thing they expect and the first thing that they'll retreat from - unless of course they can't because they've got a .45 slug or two in their chest. I'd much rather have to explain to the cops why there's a dead guy or two in my foyer than have to ask which hospital they are taking my wife to after she's been beaten and raped. That's if I am still alive to even do that.

Links