BAD... Deputy comes home to find wife murdered by burglar and kills him.

This is a discussion on BAD... Deputy comes home to find wife murdered by burglar and kills him. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Dusty Miller ANYTIME I'm a suspect in a felonious crime I'll have a problem with it. You DON'T have to be guilty ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BAD... Deputy comes home to find wife murdered by burglar and kills him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Miller View Post
    ANYTIME I'm a suspect in a felonious crime I'll have a problem with it. You DON'T have to be guilty to end up going to prison.
    Well it is true you should know when to lawyer up I guess. But then again, if it was your wife and it was a shock to you to come across that, I doubt your thinking about protecting yourself at that point in time. Heck, I know your not thinking about it.

Of course this case at discussion is different. We all KNOW there was a crime committed. It's just a matter of who committed what crime. Were as in my case, it was a matter of whether or not one had even been committed. In most cases, contrary to popular myth, Suicide is not a crime itself.

2. Remove Ads

In some places "suicide" is illegal. It is in Kansas.... kind of hard to enforce though. However, technically, if you attempt suicide... you can be charged.

It sounds like Miranda Time to me!

After any serious assault or killing (even if you are the victim) and yes you are the victim in all house invasions etc. The intruder is the accused. Make sure the police are familair with this as it makes it much easier at court time if the report so reflects. Yes, even police are given 24 hrs. to get their thoughts together before they are questioned (unless a foolish statement is given)

Advice is always., always Shut UP and Lawyer up even if you are (excuse) dead right. The Police know this and the Prosecutor knows this and down deep if all the facts at the scene ring true would expect noless of themselves or you. Usually... "I shot to stop the threat on my life (or another) I feared for my life, I am the victim" Next statement without another word should be My Lawyer is needed by me now! Period. Period Period.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I don't know too many people that carry a large wad of cash in 50's and hundred dollar bills,In every case of domestic abuse he was charged with his wife called the cops,also if convicted of domestic violence you can never own a gun again which would jeopardise his job as a deputy,If the "robber"killed anybody I would shoot the guy first as they are more of a threat than the woman in most cases,I'm saying theres things that don't make sense.If I was gonna plan a murder I'd make sure I had a good motive like a large wad of cash to throw down next to the guy.
    If you notice it didn't say it was a large wad of cash in 50's and hundred dollar bills, It was a large wad of cash including $50 and $100 bills. So without them breaking it down we could be talking a single hundred, a single fifty, and fifty ones. That wouldn't even buy one of the potted palms at my Home Depot. We don't even know if he was in the same room with the two deceased when it started.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

This kind of reminds me of when I went to the doctor with (what I was sure was) appendicitis. He still went through a number of other possibilities before he got me in for surgery. No matter how sure I was of appendicitis, he was the one with the expertise to decide the truth of the situation.

In a situation like this, the police MUST investigate thoroughly, not "rushing to judgment" but looking closely at evidence and people involved. Suppositions by us, especially having only the few hints in a newspaper story, are just wild guesses. Remember the Duke LaCrosse team that the media crucified? Things aren't always the way we read them in the newspaper.
    "None who have always been free can understand
    the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
    to those who are not free."

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalstate View Post
    It sounds like Miranda Time to me!

After any serious assault or killing (even if you are the victim) and yes you are the victim in all house invasions etc. The intruder is the accused. Make sure the police are familair with this as it makes it much easier at court time if the report so reflects. Yes, even police are given 24 hrs. to get their thoughts together before they are questioned (unless a foolish statement is given)

Advice is always., always Shut UP and Lawyer up even if you are (excuse) dead right. The Police know this and the Prosecutor knows this and down deep if all the facts at the scene ring true would expect noless of themselves or you. Usually... "I shot to stop the threat on my life (or another) I feared for my life, I am the victim" Next statement without another word should be My Lawyer is needed by me now! Period. Period Period.
    If someone is a poor college student, how can they "lawyer up" after such a situation?
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    If someone is a poor college student, how can they "lawyer up" after such a situation?
    Just call a family member to hire someone good. Or you could always get a public defender...

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    In some places "suicide" is illegal. It is in Kansas.... kind of hard to enforce though. However, technically, if you attempt suicide... you can be charged.
    Not certain your correct. Last I checked no states considered it illegal. Some used to... but most have dropped it.

And not sure how accurate this Wikki article is but... it mirrors that

Legal views of suicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    What! A silly and useless law taken off the books? Isn't that, like, illegal, or something?

As regards the husband being questioned, too high a number of people are killed by their spouses for the police to not initially suspect the survivor. Not doing so would be very irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    If the gun came off of the streets how could it be linked to the work man?
    Finger prints?

Haven't heard anything else about this story. But a couple more people have been shot and killed in DeKalb, including one guy who was critically wounded by SWAT after he wouldn't drop his gun. Earlier in the morning at around 0430, he forced a woman into her home at gunpoint. A seven hour stand-off ensued.

CR2008, this was off of 2nd Ave in Decatur.

Gallery | DeKalb hostage suspect shot | ajc.com
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post
    What! A silly and useless law taken off the books? Isn't that, like, illegal, or something?
    I think it just became almost "unenforcible" and, even in cases of attempts, the obvious victim is the perp. So why bother to waste resources? It goes no where.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links