BAD... Deputy comes home to find wife murdered by burglar and kills him.

This is a discussion on BAD... Deputy comes home to find wife murdered by burglar and kills him. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 11Alive.com | Atlanta, GA | Shooting At Deputy's Home Leaves 2 Dead STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. -- DeKalb Investigators were working into the night Monday night ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BAD... Deputy comes home to find wife murdered by burglar and kills him.

BAD... Deputy comes home to find wife murdered by burglar and kills him.

11Alive.com | Atlanta, GA | Shooting At Deputy's Home Leaves 2 Dead

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. -- DeKalb Investigators were working into the night Monday night after a shooting inside a deputy's home. Two people are dead, but just what happened is anything but clear.

It all started Monday afternoon, when police got a 911 call about shots fired at a home on Mountain View Pass in Stone Mountain. The home they responded to belongs to a DeKalb County sheriff's deputy.

"When our officers arrived, according to the homeowner, an unknown man had shot and killed his wife, and that he was forced to shoot and kill that intruder," said Mekka Parrish of the DeKalb County Police Department. "

Inside they found the deputy's wife, Linda Yancey, 44, dead, along with the intruder.

Neighbors said the intruder was a day laborer. They said the deputy hired him to do some landscaping. There was no word on why the laborer would have been inside the home.

Investigators towed the deputy's truck for possible evidence. They said that they are looking at a number of things, including prior domestic calls made from the deputy's home.
    This happened 2 days ago and the deputy lives in my county about 10min away from here... some home invader shot and killed his wife while he was away, came back to see her dead body and burglar, shot and killed him.

This is a GOOD reason why women should learn to use the guns kept at home (if they are any) and another reason to be self reliant as it relates to personal protection, which is someone's own responsibility. A lot of these contractors and places that use handy men etc are taking convicted felons and placing them in positions inside people's home and near people's children. One time someone from comcast was fixing a cable problem and the guy actually DEMANDED we leave him in the basement alone, he claimed he needed "privacy" to work better... guess what happened when my dad and I foolishly complied? An expensive drill was missing, till now my poor father does not want to believe it was him but I keep telling him about the shady characters who these companies use. These day's if a stranger who is doing anything around the house or yard, I will be aware of where they are and what they are doing.

Only if the man's wive lived though, sad case, real sad.
    These home invaders are pretty cold blooded, some months ago, one in this county shot and killed a 7 year old boy... gutless cowards.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

2. Remove Ads

Aw man....this is awful.

DeKalb PD just can't get a break. If there not being blamed for using disproportionate force in taking someone into custody or one of their officers isn't being killed in the line of duty, then the spouse of a deputy is.

I completely agree with your assessment of cable contractors, yard landscapers, etc. I don't trust any of them and personally would never leave my wife alone or my home unattended with someone from that sort.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

More to come I'm sure. The only thing I'm not sure of is WHO killed the women ?

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Yes, it sounds by the tone of the article that the officer is a possible suspect due to prior domestic calls from the home.

Investigators towed the deputy's truck for possible evidence. They said that they are looking at a number of things, including prior domestic calls made from the deputy's home.
    You know DPD is looking at the deputy as a suspect. Deputy comes home to find his lil lady in the sack with the yard help. Kills both people in a fit of rage, etc.

I'm sure that as LE, he knows the other guys are only doing their jobs. But I'm not sure how well I would take being investigated for the murder of my wife if the circumstances were the same.

I hope they close their investigation with all deliberate speed for the sake of the husband. God he must be wracked with guilt for leaving his wife home with that animal.

Sickening story. A guy shows up at the door saying he'll do some yard work for a few bucks? So sad that we have to say "no" to everything these days.

The husband is always a suspect so I take that with a grain of salt.

There would have to have been an extremely narrow window of opportunity for the deputy to have arrived home after the dude had killed his wife, but before he had fled the scene for that scenario to actually work.........

Not going to pre-judge though. We'll see.

I'll wait to pass judgment until the investigation is done, however I recently had a cable contractor come to my house a day earlier than he should. So I strapped on my Glock and watched him work. I was nice to him but I would not have hesitated to defend myself if I had to.
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    There would have to have been an extremely narrow window of opportunity for the deputy to have arrived home after the dude had killed his wife, but before he had fled the scene for that scenario to actually work.........

Not going to pre-judge though. We'll see.
    Maybe he was busy bagging loot after the deed?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by charmincarmens View Post
    More to come I'm sure. The only thing I'm not sure of is WHO killed the women ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalCompact View Post
    Yes, it sounds by the tone of the article that the officer is a possible suspect due to prior domestic calls from the home.
    No, its standard procedure in any death investigation to look into these things.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    No, its standard procedure in any death investigation to look into these things.
    So you are saying that he is not a possible suspect? Only that it is standard procedure? Do you mean to imply that simply because he is a LEO that the story must be true and he is innocent?

Do you believe all LEO are perfect and would never do such a thing? Just curious :D

Of course they are looking at him as a suspect. They would have to be brain dead not to.
    Obvious scenario with the history of domestics is he hired the day laborer to kill her and dispose of the body and then double crossed him to tie up the loose end.
    Just because the facts seem to fit the theory doesn't mean it really happened that way. The guy could be completely innocent.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yep.

But it doesn't look good for the husband that the police had been called to the house before this on domestic disputes.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalCompact View Post
    So you are saying that he is not a possible suspect? Only that it is standard procedure? Do you mean to imply that simply because he is a LEO that the story must be true and he is innocent?

Do you believe all LEO are perfect and would never do such a thing? Just curious :D
    Dude, I didn't read anything that suggests SIXTO meant to imply that the husband was beyond consideration as a suspect just because he's a deputy. I think he's simply stating that it's standard procedure in this situation, notwithstanding his occupation as a LE officer, to be a suspect when a family member is murdered.

Oh yes... simply police doing their job.

I was immediately a suspect when my first wife killed herself. How did I react? Well... I was in shock of course due to the unexpected nature of her actions, but to the police, it was simply assumed by me that they would want to be completely thorough and it didn't bother me at all their actions and questions. That was the least of my concerns. They swabbed me and questioned me and all that. I was, not really in any state of mind to do anything but be thinking about why she had done this and about my 10 year old Son. It never dawned on me to think of it as inappropriate or wrong for them to do so. Seem logical to me that they would want to "eliminate" any other possibility. She had used my gun of course. Because she didn't use or like guns. It turns out later she had attempted an overdose the night before and it failed, and she had fained being sick to me that morning in order to cover that up. Because she left no note handy it was not as easy for any of us to figure it out. Turns out she had mailed it to her Psyc the day before. She also had unplugged all the phones in case someone was to try and call her from there. And they did. But I had left the house to take my kid to Summer Day camp and didn't know this. I came back home later to discover her and couldn't figure out why all the phones were dead when I ran back to the house to call. I had to call 911 on a cell phone.

She gave no warnings and made no threats or left any clues she was suicidal, in fact, had been deemed not suicidal by her Doctor. She lived a secret life very well within her own head. It wasn't until the stuff she sent her Doctor was read that we all realized how deeply troubled and disturbed she was. She was a master of disguise. And, in fact so clever at it that even a trained professional was fooled. One could say she was too smart for her own good.

But having been a suspect for a time I had no problem with it at all. That was the least of my problems at the time. I would imagine this officer also thinks the same way. If he is innocent then he is not even thinking about that right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links