Another Pitt Bull Shot - Eugene, OR

This is a discussion on Another Pitt Bull Shot - Eugene, OR within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man shoots and kills dog | KVAL CBS 13 - News, Weather and Sports - Eugene, OR - Eugene, Oregon | News EUGENE, Ore. - ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Pitt Bull Shot - Eugene, OR

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Another Pitt Bull Shot - Eugene, OR

Man shoots and kills dog | KVAL CBS 13 - News, Weather and Sports - Eugene, OR - Eugene, Oregon | News

EUGENE, Ore. - A man who shot and killed a vicious dog on a neighborhood street will not face charges because he acted in self-defense.

Neighbors say the man followed in a car after seeing two dogs, a pit bull and a doberman, stalking the neighborhood and attack a cat. He got out of the car when he saw the dogs attack another cat. The pit bull turned on the man, at which point he fired two shots and killed the dog.

The cat was taken to a veterinarian, but its injuries were too severe and had to be put down.

An animal countrol officer from Lane County Animal Services responded to the scene, said Tom Howard, LCAS supervisor.

The Lane County Sheriff's Office handled the call.

Both dogs were licensed. The owner of the second dog came and took his dog when contacted by LCAS, Howard said.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Useless animal. Good for the man doing what needed to be done.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I love dogs...but this sounds like a 'fair' shot to me...

Stay armed...control your pets...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

How did the other dog escape the "injection". I'd say both need to be put down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    How did the other dog escape the "injection". I'd say both need to be put down.
    Not the dogs fault - just doing what dogs will do when left to run wild. Help Darwins' theory out and give the needle to the owner for letting the dog run loose.

Oh Oh here it comes again another "but not my pit bull" altercation. Every time someone shoots a dog to keep from being hurt the dog lovers group takes offense. Having been the victim of dogs that were raised to be a vicious animal on three separate occasions everyone here needs to remember that a tool misused is a dangerous tool and that includes dogs, there are responsible dog owners out there and there are real nut jobs that think it is funny when their dog is a vicious killer. So lets keep that in mind when responding.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Senior Moderator
    two dogs, a pit bull and a doberman
    stalking the neighborhood ?

No good is going to come from that.

Around here he would have been asked why didn't whack them all.
    ...and it would NOT have been deemed a newsworthy event.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Any Animal off there property with no Master around is a Pest as far as I am
    concerned and WILL be treated as such if they come on my property.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    It's hard to believe anyone defends those vile animals.

When you let a dog like this run free or fail them securely restrain them you should be prosecuted . I love dogs. This guy did a good thing by shooting. The Pit Bull. It could have attacked a child. The guy who picked up the other dog should have been fined.

I'm not defending the pit bull. I have no use for the breed, they're aggressive and dangerous, they should all be put down. If you see a dog running loose all the time (regardless of the breed) who should be blamed, the dog or the owner who lets it run?

In a town I use to live in they made it a law that pit bull owners had to buy special insurance in case their dogs attacked somebody to pay for bills etc.It seemed like everytime a pitbull was involved in an attack the dog wasn't registered or insured,law abiding responsible owners seemed to pay it and keep their dogs contained but the other group seemed to cause most of the problems,i kinda relate it to gun control same principal
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    In Texas, it is now a criminal matter if your dog (any breed) causes serious harm to a human. The penalty is stiff; a felony.

This of course does nothing to deter the fools who breed, raise, maltreat, mis-train, these dogs, and then let them get loose.

I'm a dog lover. I've had quite a few in my life. But people must come first.
    I've no use for this breed and think it should be utterly and completely illegal for anyone to own one.

There are other breeds which make great guard dogs and which have not been involved in this epidemic of random attacks on neighbors or strangers.

Personally, I like (love) German Sheps. Strong, alert, smart, obedient. I wish I had a couple, but my yard is too small.

i dont know i have a couple of friends who own pits and whenever i come over they are sweet,,its not the dog,,its the owner who trains these dogs as killers,,a chichiuagua can bite you ,,as i have been ,im a dog fanatic ,,never ban the dog,,,ban the owner ,,sound familiar ?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    It's hard to believe anyone defends those vile animals.
    I'll tell you what is ludicrous the fact that people think they have any business meddling in anyone's life!
    I find I disturbing that some people on this board believe it's absolutely wrong for the government to meddle in their life in any form but think that it's ok if they do it to someone else .

Would I be mad if you shot a dog that was aggressive (not just had the potential to be), NO I would not. Would I support a law that made irresponsible dog owner accountable for harm or death that their dog causes, YES.

I'm just fine if you make a law to hold dog owners accountable for what their dog does, but where I draw the line is at banning ANY breed. As with all other things the government decides it has power over they will take it to far. I have the right to pursue happiness and my dogs make me happy. I know there are those of you out there that will say " well if it makes you happy to have dogs, I should have the right to do pot or any other drug I think makes me happy". Well that is all together different. To start with, my dogs do not alter how I think or act. I will not kill someone or multiple people because of my dog............
    If you tell me you don't think that I have a "Right" to have dogs because for the reason of "they make me happy", well do I have the right to own property? or should I just give up everything that I love/like/enjoy because it has the POTENTIAL to kill, maim, or otherwise harm someone else, or someone just flat out doesn’t like it for what ever reason?

I have seen more cows kill people here than I have seen Pit bulls kill people. Why don't you hear about that on the news? I have seen 3 and know of at least a dozen more that never made the news. should we eradicate all cows because they "kill people"????

If you don't like them don't own them and if one gets out and you KNOW it will hurt some one, kill it. How tuff is that?
    As I said in another thread on this, you can't stop stupid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links