Granny Thwarts Intruder...In The Buff!

This is a discussion on Granny Thwarts Intruder...In The Buff! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last night was a wierd one. After it all got sorted out, I have to say that I'm very glad I live in a state ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Granny Thwarts Intruder...In The Buff!

Granny Thwarts Intruder...In The Buff!

Last night was a wierd one. After it all got sorted out, I have to say that I'm very glad I live in a state that encourages and rewards citizens who choose to arm themselves.

Our Grandmother, matriarch and ruler of this large Kentucky family, had an intruder last night. She lives near campus in an old stone house with LOTS of antiques, but little in the way of 'liquid' valuables. She's 89, and about as mean as the day is long. This woman has lived her life telling it like she sees it and never apologizing for anything.

Last night, when she heard someone force open the patio door in the back yard, she didn't hesitate a whit before grabbing Grandad's old side-by-side and heading downstairs. She's smart, so she knew enough to leave the lights out and CREEP down the double flight of old stairs. By the time she had the guy located, I guess she was angry enough (not to be confused with 'scared enough') to really want this jerk to know what he was getting into, because, as she took a bead on this guy's head, she shouted at him to get the hell out of her house if he didn't want her to paint the wall with his brains. She flipped the light in the room on just as he turned.

He ran.

She got on the phone and called me, then police (no offense, LE pals...she knew I'd get there LONG before a cruiser would show up). By the time I got there, she had the kettle whistling and every light in the place blazing. Man, was she MAD. I'd forgotten just how much fire that ol' gal keeps stoked just below the surface! Lexington's finest came, took a report and checked to see that the place was secure (the door wasn't badly damaged, and after throwing the bolt on the other side, I felt certain that she'd be ok until I can install a new set o' locks), then they split.

Granny and I talked for a bit, and I realized how much this woman shapes the way I see the world. I'm very glad to have role models like her, teaching me even today how to make right out of wrong. We had a laugh when she said that she wasn't sure if the intruder ran because of the gun...or the sight of the 90-year old, 300-pound naked crazy lady waving it at him!

Good job, Granny!!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

2. Remove Ads

Glad your Granny is okay. Probably one reason she has lived so long is that she is so tough. Folks from that generation had to be tough to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    She's 89, and about as mean as the day is long. This woman has lived her life telling it like she sees it and never apologizing for anything.
    Reminds me exactly of my grandma, who carried for decades before it was legal, and would take on anybody if the situation called for it.

You're right: we are who we are in part because of our grandparents. They shaped our parents, who then shaped us.

Everyone should be so prepared as your grandmother, and so willing to take care of themselves.

Last night, when she heard someone force open the patio door in the back yard, she didn't hesitate a whit before grabbing Grandad's old side-by-side and heading downstairs. She's smart, so she knew enough to leave the lights out and CREEP down the double flight of old stairs. By the time she had the guy located, I guess she was angry enough (not to be confused with 'scared enough') to really want this jerk to know what he was getting into, because, as she took a bead on this guy's head, she shouted at him to get the hell out of her house if he didn't want her to paint the wall with his brains. She flipped the light in the room on just as he turned.

He ran.

She got on the phone and called me, then police (no offense, LE pals...she knew I'd get there LONG before a cruiser would show up). By the time I got there, she had the kettle whistling and every light in the place blazing. Man, was she MAD. I'd forgotten just how much fire that ol' gal keeps stoked just below the surface! Lexington's finest came, took a report and checked to see that the place was secure (the door wasn't badly damaged, and after throwing the bolt on the other side, I felt certain that she'd be ok until I can install a new set o' locks), then they split.

Granny and I talked for a bit, and I realized how much this woman shapes the way I see the world. I'm very glad to have role models like her, teaching me even today how to make right out of wrong. We had a laugh when she said that she wasn't sure if the intruder ran because of the gun...or the sight of the 90-year old, 300-pound naked crazy lady waving it at him!

Good job, Granny!!

Another reason why we arm ourselves. WTG Granny!
    God bless our troops!

wow! that is just too cool! Good for her!
    "Brains before Bullets"

LOL....just great !!!
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Glad she is o.k.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

VIP Member
    ...or the sight of the 90-year old, 300-pound naked crazy lady waving it at him!
    Good job, Granny!!

Did anyone think about checking the local ER's to see if a "blind" guy showed up there last night?

Scary, but good for her, she did a good job and seems to have her wits about her. I hope I can do the same at age 90.

Back in the 1980's I had an elderly aunt that fired off a couple of .38 rounds in the direction of a BG breaking into her back door. She shot high, the BG disappeared unscathed (though I'm not sure about his drawers). The police came, took a report, and reloaded her revolver for her. BG never returned.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    The image is probably burned into his brain forever.

Seriously though, I'm happy everything worked out alright. Tell your grandma that we're all proud of her.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    You have to love our seniors and the way they do things. I was on the way to the farm one morning and my mom calls and tells me she and the dog have a coyote cornered in the barn. I ran the speed up to about 85. I was afraid that the coyote might be rabies. I rolled up on my mom (76 years old) standing there with a rifle ready to shoot. Makes a great picture. Congrats to your granny.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Hello 911 what's you're emergency....I'm being held at gunpoint by a naked lady
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Glad she's OK! I'm all smiles for both of you!

We had a laugh when she said that she wasn't sure if the intruder ran because of the gun...or the sight of the 90-year old, 300-pound naked crazy lady waving it at him!!
    It was definitely the gun. Had he seen her in all her glory, he likely would have dropped dead on the spot from a major coronary!

I'd be proud to call her my 'Granny'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I love this story. Glad that she is alright.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

sounds like something my mother would have done.....

only she would have chased him too.... until she caught him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links