Ugly: 2 teens charged in killings of Minn. mother, son

This is a discussion on Ugly: 2 teens charged in killings of Minn. mother, son within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Published: 6/18/08, 1:05 AM EDT MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Two teenagers were charged Tuesday in the killings of a woman who was stabbed and cut more ...

Thread: Ugly: 2 teens charged in killings of Minn. mother, son

VIP Member

Ugly: 2 teens charged in killings of Minn. mother, son

Published: 6/18/08, 1:05 AM EDT

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Two teenagers were charged Tuesday in the killings of a woman who was stabbed and cut more than 100 times and her 10-year-old son, who had a television smashed over his head, prosecutors said.

Stafon Edward Thompson, 17, and Brian Lee Flowers, 16, both of Minneapolis, were each charged as adults with first-degree murder in the deaths of Katricia Daniels, 36, and her son, Robert Shepard. If convicted, the teens face life in prison without the possibility of parole.

According to criminal complaints, Thompson and Flowers blamed the killings on each other. They allegedly knew Daniels through her 15-year-old son, who lives in Chicago.

See remainder of the story here:
    AT&T

These kind of happenings remind me more and more of the Dark Ages after the collapse of the Roman Empire.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Evil. Pure evil.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Good, let em rot behind bars.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar

That is almost too violent ...

I hope they don't try an insanity defense! Sounds like a lot of rage in that killing.

I'm so glad the 1 year old daughter is alive, but that girl will need watching - no way to know how that much violence will affect her. There has to have been a lot of screaming and other noise that the kid will have heard and felt.

Apparently there is more story to tell, like why the two perps were there in the first place.

Fitch

Man, this is just sick. Glad the 1 year old is "OK", hope she is young enough to never remember this event.

Those 2 boys better be careful who they befriend on the inside, once it is found out what they did I'm sure some thug with a 10 year old brother will instruct them in the jail house ways...
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    These kind of happenings remind me more and more of the Dark Ages after the collapse of the Roman Empire.
    I can relate to that feeling, a sense of foreboding like we are entering a real dark period in our history that persists even when I remind myself that these things may have always gone on just as often as they do today. We just have better communications so we hear about more of them.

Why are animals like these are not promptly executed. Why do hard working honest people have to support them for the rest of their lives.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I always wanta laugh when these thugs being so unrenorseful and kill with such violence once caught instead of owning up to what they did try to blame the other guy,the problem is if you are there and you participated you have the same level of guilt.I hope they get put in general population and they find out they killed a child ,they will find out what true justice is
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

These scumbags do not deserve 'life'...in prison, or anywhere else!

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It's looking like the years of MN liberalism are starting to catch up with us, in a major way. We're starting to see more and more of these kinds of crimes here, where people are brutally murdered for trivial reasons.

New deal cut for murder case testimony

Courtroom mayhem: Double killer attacks his lawyer before sentencing

That one happened in the parking lot of our apartment complex, about 6 months before we moved in.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Highly reminiscent of the Dartmouth professor murders in Jan, 2001. Very good book describing the whole event and the lives of the teen killers - "Judgement Ridge." Definitely worth a read for insight into aberrant teen behavior and how the parents ignored it.

The only remedy is swift execution.
    NRA Member

Links