BAD: Family ambushed in Garage, tied up and beaten in home invasion

This is a discussion on BAD: Family ambushed in Garage, tied up and beaten in home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Video This happened in the "better part" of DeKalb county... it was "breaking news" (I guess because it's a more upscale area, and thus 'news ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAD: Family ambushed in Garage, tied up and beaten in home invasion

Video

This happened in the "better part" of DeKalb county... it was "breaking news" (I guess because it's a more upscale area, and thus 'news worthy') Lady with 3 children arrived home, opened garage door to find 2-3 men, who ambushed them and tired them up, beating them in a home invasion, the husband was also ambushed later when the wife was forced to call him home by the assailants.

I will admit, my own awareness is pretty low at 3pm when I enter the garage area... I hardly ever would expect men to be waiting in the garage. What gets me concerned most of the time is when I reach home late at night.

I posted something similar to this case, but the gunmen were outside, waiting around the front yard and drive way when they ambushed a family coming from a school function. (Lucky the father was armed and shot one gunman dead as the 2 others escaped.)
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

You know---I hate to hear stuff like this, but since I spend most of my time in reality or the world around me, I keep hoping that one day all good Americans wake up and see what's going on around them and quit thinking it can't happen here. Another terrible tragedy indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You know---I hate to hear stuff like this, but since I spend most of my time in reality or the world around me, I keep hoping that one day all good Americans wake up and see what's going on around them and quit thinking it can't happen here. Another terrible tragedy indeed.
    At lest no one got killed... unlike that horrible case with that doctor how had his ENTIRE family snuffed out by 2 carrier criminals... his 2 daughters raped and burned alive... and his wife drove around to ATMs doing exactly what these scum bags demanded but not eve she survived despite getting them money etc.

Over at ScanDeKalb: Live DeKalb County Police and Fire Radio one guy said that these days, these criminal acts sound like it comes out of movies more than reality.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Home ambushes are getting more common. Eyes open and head on a swivel when you leave you house and when you come home.

It's easier for the BGs than a home invasion and most people are condition white when they walk out of the house.

Carry ... always.

You never know.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    At lest no one got killed... unlike that horrible case with that doctor how had his ENTIRE family snuffed out by 2 carrier criminals... his 2 daughters raped and burned alive... and his wife drove around to ATMs doing exactly what these scum bags demanded but not eve she survived despite getting them money etc.
    You are talking about the horrible incident in Cheshire, CT last year. The doctor actually survived (I believe they beat him in the basement and left him for dead - that is how he survived the fire).

The two scumbags involved just started making court appearances under heavy security.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

VIP Member
    Pulling into our garage late at night, dark, in the country, is dangerous for us, and we know it. We're pretty vulnerable as we park the car. I'm gradually getting some things (fences, lights) changed around the house to put the odds on our side. When I drive in at night my g27 is in my hand until we get in the house.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911packer View Post
    Home ambushes are getting more common. Eyes open and head on a swivel when you leave you house and when you come home.

It's easier for the BGs than a home invasion and most people are condition white when they walk out of the house.
    Well and truly spoken, my friend!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

yea there was a similar one like this a few years ago here. Some robbers were hiding in bushes near the garage for a jewelry shop owner at night and ambushed him when he arrived home. They shot and killed him and stole his money... I don't know if police found the robbers.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar

Definitely ugly, but I am confused by it.

I'm glad the victims survived - they were lucky.

That said, I don't understand this invasion. They didn't seem to have any agenda other than terrorising the residents. They even call the husband home, which increases their risk, to beat on him. There is no mention of anything being takes so robbery doesn't seem to be the motive here.

I wouldn't be astonished if there is more to this story than meets the eye.

Fitch

If they econamy goes south will see alot more of this type of stuff go down,and the ritzy neighborhoods will be prime pickings.
    SIGSAUR 1911 gsr 45
    S a W SIGMA 9mm CRAP
    Ruger 10 22
    Black powder 44 cal revolver

I just recently changed the protocol for driving into my garage. Our driveway is about 70ft and we were driving into the garage straight off the street. After we heard about a rash of driveway robberies in the Pembroke Pines area of S.Florida we decided it would be best to back into the garage from off the street. This way it would be easier to put the truck in drive and get away or run over someone if anything were to happen. It's even better when leaving in the morning. Just sit in the truck, open the garage door and then start the engine. This makes you face forward when leaving so you get a better picture of what's going on. This also leaves you choices to shoot your way out or run over someone.
    NRA Member

This no longer seem impossible to me...it could/can happen anywhere. I think about it when both coming and going.

In the morning, the dogs are the first ones to check out the perimeter. When we leave we unlock the door to the garage from the house...as my Ridgeback has learned to open doors now...as soon as he hears the garage door open, he out in the garage welcoming us home...and he's nothing to mess with.

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm afraid most people feel safe on their own property,but home invasions are becoming more frequent,I think a lot of them down here by the border are drug related where drug traffickers stash houses are getting ripped off
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Here, they've had people approaching them when they pulled into their driveway after getting home from work... pulling a gun on them and robbing them. Home invasions have been up as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links