Road Rage shooting

This is a discussion on Road Rage shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Do you think the woman acted to soon? It will be interesting to see if she gets charged with anything. Security Camera Provides Clues To ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Rage shooting

Road Rage shooting

Do you think the woman acted to soon? It will be interesting to see if she gets charged with anything.

Security Camera Provides Clues To Road Rage Shooting - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    This is something.......maybe when he bent over she thought he was getting a weapon but who knows. Fear is different for different people. Question here is can she convince the gran jury? But if she and her son got out and kick him.........that might not look so good to the jury.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

He took the fight to her. She had a child to protect. He represented a disparity of force.

She may have shot too soon and it was wrong to do the kicking, but he advanced on her.

B52
    He should have never got off his bike.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911packer View Post
    He took the fight to her. She had a child to protect. He represented a disparity of force.
    Unless her vehicle was disabled, I don't see car vs. man on foot being much of a disparity of force against her. All she had to do was drive away, no matter how stupid the motorcyclist was being.

Don't know about the "kicking". That could easily be a panic reaction of "oh my god I just shot somebody is he dead????" and poking with a toe. No way we'll know that from a simple article.

It might turn out to be a legal shoot, but it was certainly an avoidable one.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

In Louisiana, all he would have had to do in order to make the shooting "legal" would be to touch her vehicle. Called "shoot the carjacker bill".

Looks to me like stupid X2. He never should have got off the bike and I think the shooters actions in the aftermath (based on witness statements) is going to raise some real questions even if the shooting itself might have been justified.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I think she jumped the gun,he should have stayed on his bike and if he lost his teeth he musta been yelling at her ,dentures just don't pop out unless you open you're mouth too wide.if she could see his hands the whole time and there was never a weapon and the distance from her I think it's a bad shoot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Watch and listen to the video all the way. She was involved in another road rage incident in March where she pulled a gun. I think both were stuip there.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Sounds to me this lady was waiting for the opportunity to shoot someone. The guy shouldn't have got off his bike either.

Bad shoot, IMHO. Disparity of force? "child to protect??!?!?!?" A 15 y/o is hardly a child and by the looks of things, that aggressive little 15 y/o was the first out of the car to hover over the 52 y/0 man that doesn't look to be a very large dude.

IMHO, the guy was stupid but should not have been shot. She could have easily driven away, assuming he was not pointing a gun at her.

Bad shoot, bad shoot, bad shoot.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Another road rage incident where she pulled a gun...hummmm, seems to be a track record. Not driving off...getting out of the car...witness' stating kicking the wounded. If going to reconstruct, recontruct to the beginning...what happened to precipitate someone getting shot. I also wonder if there is a race card in this...

Rick

I agree - Bad shoot.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

He was stupid.

She was trigger happy. She "wished there had been another alternative." There was: drive away.

If reports of her and her son kicking the injured man on the ground are true, she and son should be charged with assault as a minimum.

I think she shot too soon, but we'll see what the grand jury decides.

Bad shoot. She's trigger happy.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

She's trigger happy.... "fear" is not a good rationale for shooting someone anyway, even if she was afraid of him... which I doubt since she's the one with the gun.

She's going down..... I'ld file attempted murder charges on her myself.... unless something could be shown he did something which actually was a threat of bodily harm.

It is not illegal, nor a threat, for someone to get ticked off in a driving situation and giving someone else their opinion of the situation, even adamantly.

No justification I can see for the shooting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links