[UGLY] Take A Shower or Stab Somebody To Death.

This is a discussion on [UGLY] Take A Shower or Stab Somebody To Death. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The Choice Was His. I Think He Made The Wrong Decision. PITTSBURGH -- After answering a knock at her apartment door, a culinary student was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [UGLY] Take A Shower or Stab Somebody To Death.

Administrator

The Choice Was His. I Think He Made The Wrong Decision.

PITTSBURGH -- After answering a knock at her apartment door, a culinary student was fatally attacked by an angry neighbor in retaliation for her remark about his hygiene, police said.

"Take me to jail. I did it," Terrence Andrews told police as they arrived at the scene in North Oakland, according to the criminal complaint.

Pittsburgh police said they were called to the Hampshire Hall building on Centre Avenue at about 8:45 p.m. on May 29 and saw Andrews, whose chest was covered with blood, coming out of Lisa Maas' apartment.
    He had a knife and a pair of scissors in his pockets, police said.

After police detained the 37-year-old man, officers went inside the apartment and found the 18-year-old Maas' body covered in blood.

In the criminal complaint, police said Andrews was angry because, earlier in the day, Maas told him that he smelled bad.
    He said she "always looked down at me and treated me like dirt."

"That burned me up all day and I decided that I was going to kill her," Andrews is quoted as saying in the criminal complaint.

Police said Andrews, who lived down the hall from Maas on the fourth floor, waited for the woman to come home before stabbing her with the scissors.

"He waited until the victim returned home, went down the hallway, knocked on her door and when she opened the door, he began stabbing her," said Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki of the Pittsburgh Police Department.

The woman used a steak knife in an attempt to fight Andrews off, police said.

"He sat on her couch for a little while as the victim choked on her blood," the criminal complaint said. "After she died, he exited the apartment."

Andrews was taken to a hospital for treatment. He wills tand trial on homicide charges.

In the criminal complaint, Andrews referred to "medication" and said that it wasn't working, according to police.

"I told you this would happen," Andrews said, according to the complaint. "I told people I was going to kill someone."

Though the woman and Andrews lived on the same floor of the apartment building, they did not have a previous relationship, police said.

Maas, who would have turned 19 on Friday, attended the Pennsylvania Culinary Institute and worked at the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Place hotel in Oakland.

An official with the Department of Public Welfare, which maintains and regulates group homes and mental health facilities, said the department is looking into the case.
    No formal investigation has been launched at this time.

The representative would not say how Andrews is connected with the department.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    QKShooter Note:
    Watch what you say to people these days. You never know what is going to kick some lunatic off into the deep end.
    And it's not just the "Certifiably Bonkers" who may just react in this exact same fashion.
    Some people have a ton of rage pent up inside of them.
    They are constantly on a hair trigger and saying the most simple thing can trip them off.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Holy crap! I guess he was smart enough to lay down the insanity plea early with his medication comments.

Sick that this kind of stuff can happen, and at 18 she had not begun to live yet.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

The insanity plea should get you locked up just the same as any other crime.

I hope this guy is killed in jail/the hospital, vicious animal
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

Insane people should still be held accountable for their actions.
    By him saying "I told you this would happen" he can no longer use the insanity plea because of him acknowledging that something was wrong prior to the murder. He could have committed himself to the mental hospital, but he did not.

He's going to jail, on medication.

Quote Originally Posted by imatt View Post
    I certainly hope so, I just know how screwy our justice system can get sometimes.

I hope he meets someone who is over protective of their 18 year old sister.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Someday justice will come to murdering scum like this.

VIP Member
    Lets hope the "medication" comes in three syringes and is administered only once.

Administrator
    I Heard That!

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Lets hope the "medication" comes in three syringes and is administered only once.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

It also shows when you answer a door, you never know who's on the other side and what they may do. Second, how fast things do happen.

Unbelievable. What a horrifying story.

He said she "always looked down at me and treated me like dirt."
    Apparently she was a perceptive girl...

"I told you this would happen," Andrews said, according to the complaint. "I told people I was going to kill someone."
    And the insanity plea should go right out the window there. He *knew* he was capable of murder and apparently did nothing about it... That combined with his "all day" ruminating should be ground for pre-meditated first degree and a trip to the needle room.

The woman used a steak knife in an attempt to fight Andrews off, police said.
    Here's to all the !#$*(&)@#'s who lull women (and men) into a false sense of security by implying that household objects are useful as self-defense tools....
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

He'll get to take showers now. He just had better not drop the soap.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    One of the first levels of self defense is to NOT pi$$ off crazy people.
    Last edited by paramedic70002; June 21st, 2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: change word
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Let's not forget the alcohol swab for the arm...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Let's not forget the alcohol swab for the arm...
    Yeah, want to be sure he doesn't get an infection! Poor medical care would be violating his rights!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links