Bad start, Good outcome: Teens Admit to Garland Killings, Robberies (Merged)

This is a discussion on Bad start, Good outcome: Teens Admit to Garland Killings, Robberies (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; MyFox Dallas | Teens Admit to Garland Killings, Robberies I heard about this the other day and now this morning they were talking about these ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad start, Good outcome: Teens Admit to Garland Killings, Robberies (Merged)

MyFox Dallas | Teens Admit to Garland Killings, Robberies

I heard about this the other day and now this morning they were talking about these 2 punks and their testimonies.

Personally I think these kinds of criminals need the firing squad and not the needle.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Butler's family members told FOX 4 they have not yet watched the suspects' jailhouse interviews. But they said despite the pain they've endured, they do not wish any harm on the suspects. Instead, they pity them.
    Then I will wish it for them. I hope these scumbag get put down.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

These two need immediate death, "Ya know what I mean?"...scumbags of the lowest dimension......and in the great state of TX, I think that justice WILL be swift...

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Teens Admit to Garland Killings, Robberies

Last Edited: Monday, 23 Jun 2008, 9:56 PM CDT
    Created: Monday, 23 Jun 2008, 4:23 PM CDT

Two teens charged with murdering two men outside a Christian music studio in Garland on Thursday admitted to killing and robbing Matthew Butler and Stephen Swan.

The suspects' jailhouse interviews on Monday revealed shocking details of the crime and included cussing aimed directly at the victims' families.

James Broadnax and his cousin Demarius Cummings are each charged with capital murder.

Broadnax on Monday said he and Cummings smoked marijuana and took a bus to Garland in order to commit a robbery.

"One of the best spots is Garland because that's where all the rich, white people stay at," Broadnax said.

The 19-year-old said he and Cummings spotted the victims outside the Zion Gate recording studio and approached them, asking for a cigarette before opening fire and taking off in the victims' car.

"I had this little pistol or whatever … shot they ***** head. Popped in their **** and rolled up," he said.

Broadnax said his life has been hell and that he did not regret the killings. In fact, he cussed the victims' families.

"**** them. Straight up," he said before breaking down in tears and abruptly ending his interview.

Cummings, on the other hand, expressed remorse during his interview.

The teen said he did not kill the men but that he did take a wallet from one of the victims after the shooting.

He said while he and Broadnax had discussed shooting someone, he didn't expect it to happen.

"I did tell him you probably have to pop them a few times," Cummings said. "But still, I didn’t think he was going to do it."

Cummings said he felt sorry for the victims' families because he couldn't imagine losing a family member.

"I contributed to it but I didn’t kill them, though," he said.

Bond for both teens is set at $1,000,000.

During the weekend, family member, friends and supporters gathered in Garland for a jam session celebrating the lives of Butler and Swan.

Butler's family members told FOX 4 they have not yet watched the suspects' jailhouse interviews. But they said despite the pain they've endured, they do not wish any harm on the suspects. Instead, they pity them.
    Texas, please remove these two from society.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    MyFox Dallas | Fox 4 News | KDFW

I think this will link you to a very graphic video concerning the shooter. Very strong language.........be advised. It ill make your blood boil........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    These two need immediate death, "Ya know what I mean?"...scumbags of the lowest dimension......and in the great state of TX, I think that justice WILL be swift...

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!

I don't think it will be that swift but it will be just.....
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

"One of the best spots is Garland because that's where all the rich, white people stay at," Broadnax said.
    I can assure everyone that this is simply not true. Garland is largely a working-class "inner ring" suburb of Dallas, with a healthy dose of several ethnicities and a large industrial base. The area where these two unfortunate victims lost their lives is very much working-class. I think it's incredibly irresponsible for the press to give these low-life scum a forum for what they have to say.

I think it's appropriate here to focus on the victims, not the filth:

Family, friends hold jam session to honor men killed outside Garland record studio | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Garland News

It's quite difficult at the moment to keep what I have to say family-appropriate, so I'll just leave it at that before I get in trouble.

--Brian

I guarantee you a jury hear that confession they will spens about 2 minutes before they come back with a death sentence,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by brianko View Post
    I can assure everyone that this is simply not true. Garland is largely a working-class "inner ring" suburb of Dallas, with a healthy dose of several ethnicities and a large industrial base. The area where these two unfortunate victims lost their lives is very much working-class. I think it's incredibly irresponsible for the press to give these low-life scum a forum for what they have to say.
    You are right, it just proves how idiotic they are. The press has been giving these kinds of knuckleheads too much of a platform over the past few years, it gives them their 15 minutes of fame.

Prayers go out to the families of the victims.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Texas, please remove these two from society.
    Lest there be a misunderstanding, I did not mean prison. I meant the death penalty.

We have no use in society for killers like these, and the rest of us should not have to pay for their room and board for decades.

Let their own words be used against them:
    "---- them. Straight up"

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Ugly: Murder Suspects Describe Two Killings in $2 Robbery

FOXNews.com - Murder Suspects Describe Two Killings in $2 Robbery - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Murder Suspects Describe Two Killings in $2 Robbery

The men arrested in the slayings of an aspiring Christian singer and his colleague at a Texas recording studio said in a chilling jailhouse interview the victims were killed at random in a robbery that netted only $2.

Cousins James Broadnax and Demarius Dwight Cummings, both 19, face capital murder charges in the deaths of singer Matthew Butler, a father of two, and Stephen Swan, his employee, outside Butler's Christian recording studio, Zion Gate Records in Garland, Texas.

Broadnax and Cummings, speaking to MyFOXDFW.com from the Dallas County Jail, told the station of their plans to rob somebody the night of June 18. They traveled by train from Dallas to the suburb of Garland because "that's where all the rich white folks stay at," Broadnax said.

Their targets turned out to be Butler, 28, and Swan, 26.

"I made sure they was dead," Broadnax told MyFOXDFW.com

His voice wavering, Broadnax recounted in blood-curdling detail how he shot the men to death in a parking lot outside the recording studio after Cummings asked for a cigarette.

"I just blanked out," Broadnax said. "I shot him [Butler] and he stumbled back. I shot the driver [Swan]. He hit the ground, you know what I'm saying, but he leaned up like he was going to try to get back up, so I shot him in the head.

"Then his homeboy, I shot his *** again, you know what I'm saying, but he was still trying to run off," he continued. "I knew he was going to die anyway, but just to make sure — pop, pop."

Broadnax said he shot Butler twice in the head.

Cummings told the station that he and his cousin had traded an AK-47 as collateral for a pistol to use during what he thought would just be a robbery.

"We didn't plan to shoot nobody and nothing like that," Cummings told MyFOXDFW.com. "No, I take that back. I did tell him we'd probably have to pop them a few times or whatever. I did. But still, I didn't think he was going to do it."

After the men were shot, Cummings said he took car keys and a wallet from Swan, but the wallet contained only $2.

"I ain't never seen nobody die like that, you know," Cummings said. "It kind of shocked me, you know what I'm saying. I was shook."

The men fled to an aunt's house, where they changed clothes, then stashed the pistol at Cummings' girlfriend's place, according to the interviews.

The cousins pawned some tools in Swan's vehicle and changed the car's plates before moving on, they said.

Authorities caught up with Broadnax and Cummings on June 20 in Texarkana in one of the victims' vehicles. A third man was in the car and but later was cleared of any involvement in the murders by Garland police.

Cummings, who insisted "I didn't kill anyone," appeared to have some remorse when asked about the crime.

"I feel real bad, you know," he told MyFOXDFW.com. "I feel it was wrong what we did."

But Broadnax, who described his life as "hell," showed little remorse.

"I kind of regret what I did, but things can't change so no use crying over it," Broadnax said.

When asked about what he would say to the victims' families, Broadnax replied, "**** 'em."

A joint memorial service for Butler and Swan was held Monday.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

It can happen any time, any place and to anyone. I hope justice is swift.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Sometimes it just stuns me to know how many walking, talking, living, breeding wastes of oxygen and human DNA walk this earth with the rest of us. I don't see how any person could sit there and interview these living pieces of trash without seriously wanting to yank them out of this world so fast their mother would feel it when it happened. Ya know what I'm sayin'? If they have one grain of compassion for the rest of humanity or the slightest inkling of remorse-they should commit suicide behind bars after bubba gets through with them. Plain as day folks---a small encounter and peek into the criminal mind----never be apprehensive or take a second thought when you need to pull the trigger--and make your shot(s) count.

B52
    Hang' em both!!! I pray this never happens to me, they would never make it to court.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    These two need immediate death,
    Naw, let them do a couple of years of community service for Bubba and associates as they count the days until their necks get snapped like twigs. Do spineless maggots have necks? If not suppose they just need to slowly choke to death
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links