Manhunt for KILLER

This is a discussion on Manhunt for KILLER within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And people wonder why we carry........read the story. Manhunt Under Way for Armed and Dangerous 'Person of Interest' in String of Illinois Homicides Tuesday, July ...

Thread: Manhunt for KILLER

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar

Manhunt for KILLER

And people wonder why we carry........read the story.

Manhunt Under Way for Armed and Dangerous 'Person of Interest' in String of Illinois Homicides
    Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Illinois State Police

Nicholas Sheley
    Nicholas Sheley
    ROCK FALLS, Ill. A manhunt is under way in Illinois for an armed and dangerous "person of interest" in the homicides of at least five people, including an elderly man who was beaten to death and left in the trunk of his car.

Illinois State Police said Tuesday they are offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of 28-year-old Nicholas T. Sheley.

Police called him a person of interest in at least five homicides, including the deaths of four people whose bodies were found in an apartment in the western Illinois town of Rock Falls, about 116 miles west of Chicago.

State Police Sgt. Thomas Burek said Sheley is an acquaintance of one of those found inside the apartment.

Sheley also is believed to have connections to a recent homicide in Galesburg, a community about 60 miles southwest of Rock Falls, and two slayings about 250 miles further south in Festus, a Missouri suburb of St. Louis, Burek said.

On Monday, the bodies of two men, a woman and a child were discovered in the apartment after a well-being check in Rock Falls. Police wouldn't say who made the request for the check, but they believe one of the victims also is connected to 93-year-old Russell Reed, a Sterling man whose body was found stuffed in a trunk last week.

Authorities there say Reed died of blunt force trauma. Sterling is about 2 miles from Rock Falls.

The Whiteside County State's Attorney's office said the person of interest, who also is from Sterling, hasn't been charged in connection to any of the deaths, though there is a warrant for his arrest in a June 14 home invasion.

Investigators said Sheley remained at large Tuesday and "should be considered armed and dangerous." Public records show he has a lengthy criminal record, including multiple convictions for robbery, drug and weapons charges.

He had been seen Monday evening in Collinsville, an Illinois suburb of St. Louis.

On Tuesday morning, police in tactical gear searched a Collinsville apartment building for a person of interest in a double homicide in Festus, Mo., but "were unable to locate the guy," Collinsville police Sgt. Rich Wittenauer said.

Wittenauer said the search was at the behest of the St. Louis Area Major Case Squad investigating the slayings of a man and woman found dead Monday behind a Festus gas station. Investigators were looking for the couple's pickup truck.

Also Monday, the body of an older man was found near a trash bin behind a grocery store in Galesburg. Police Sgt. James Martinson and investigators were working to determine if the body is that of a 65-year-old Galesburg man who was reported missing Monday. The man's car was stolen and later found in Missouri, Martinson said. An autopsy was planned for Tuesday.

Authorities weren't sure if the case was connected with the Rock Falls deaths.

"It could be, but it's unknown at this time," Martinson said.

Police are advising the public not to approach Sheley, but instead to call authorities immediately at the tip hotline, 866-219-8333.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

See Next Story in U.S. E-Mail Print Share:
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    I wonder what ever happend to turning in serious BGs Dead or Alive?
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Increase that reward from $25k to at least $50k and I bet someone turns him in.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

I hope I'm never that interesting to anybody,and yeah whatever happened to the reward wanted dead or alive but we prefer dead posters
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    I wonder what ever happend to turning in serious BGs Dead or Alive?
    Those were the good 'ole days...when politicians used to follow the laws, too!

Stay armed...remember to vote (early and often)...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Don't worry, the IL authorities will protect you. No need for any of us to carry a gun.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

So what does a guy have to do in IL to be called a "suspect"?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

They caught him somewhere in Illinois this evening. IIRC, three different people recognized him at a local business (bar or restaurant?) and called police. There had been significant media coverage about him today. He was taken into custody without incident.

His uncle said even though he has numerous arrests for drugs armed robbery,and home invasions,also he has a temper like everybody else and won't back down when he's angered.This is out of character for him.That seems to be what relatives say when somebody from their family kills somebody.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I noticed the 'out of character' remark from his family.Next they will say he was a good guy.

VIP Member

Nicholas Sheley Captured

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links