GOOD- Homeowner Shoots Two Burglars!

This is a discussion on GOOD- Homeowner Shoots Two Burglars! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; cbs4.com - Video Library This just happend today... My friend on scene says each suspect was shot once in the torso/back by the home owner... ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

cbs4.com - Video Library

This just happend today...

My friend on scene says each suspect was shot once in the torso/back by the home owner...

.45cal
    "Life is like a box of chocolate... You never know who you are going to shoot."

my flickr photo page

Good deal, homeowner 2 bg 0,too bad they'll live to prey on somebody else later
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Oh well..........hope the homeowner comes out as a hero. 2 more bite the dust.........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Hmmm. Home invaders meet armed homeowner. Oops! Don't see the problem here! BG's need to rethink their career choice.

At least the BGs will be off the streets for a while, but we know they will get out and most likely continue with their chosen occupation.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Homeowner should sue the perps.

MORE INFO!

VIDEO STORY - Click here

Resident Shoots Two Home Invaders, Killing One
    The Shootings Occured In Hialeah On 8th Ave. At W 53 St.
    HIALEAH (CBS4) ― A Hialeah homeowner reportedly turned the table on two suspected home invaders on Wednesday, killing one and sending the other to Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Hialeah police said it began when two men forced their way into a home in the 7-hundred block of West 53rd Street in Hialeah and attempted to rob the homeowner. The homeowner grabbed a gun and fought back. He then chased the men outside, firing on them as they ran.

When police arrived they found one of the home invasion suspects shot in front of man's home. The second home invasion suspect was found bleeding from gunshot wounds across the street and two houses away.

Both men were taken to the hospital by Hialeah Fire Rescue.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

So now one BG is left
    "Life is like a box of chocolate... You never know who you are going to shoot."

my flickr photo page

Like to see one where the homeowner wins.

Good '2 fer' story!

I applaud this homeowner. He recognized the invasion of his home and saved is family from being victimized.

The two dirtbag were correctly dubbed 'suspects' and not victims by the news media...another .

Maybe other potential 'home invaders' will notice how dangerous this occupation can be.

Don't you just love stories with happy endings?

Stay armed...at home, too...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Yay! Git-r-done!
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

I've been noticing lately more and more people are fighting back,Its about time crime rates going up in florida home invasions carjackings People need to send the message to the BGs, We are not going to take the BS anymore With fuel prices going up and food prices doing the same we are going to see more and more happening on the news and whos knows where.

Good for him and best of luck.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Does anybody know the laws on this one? If he's got a liberal DA he could be in trouble for shooting them as they ran...?
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by biasedbulldog View Post
    Does anybody know the laws on this one? If he's got a liberal DA he could be in trouble for shooting them as they ran...?
    Yes this is a risk.

The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.
    Florida Castle Doctrine

I think that his chasing them out of the house and shooting them as they ran away is not within the Castle Law.

However, if they had ran from the house and decided to stop retreating and turn back, then he might be ok.

I live in Michigan with a Castle law almost like Florida's. I have been trained to shoot only to stop someone. If they run, let them run.

I've been noticing lately more and more people are fighting back,Its about time crime rates going up in florida home invasions carjackings People need to send the message to the BGs, We are not going to take the BS anymore
    They don't seem to be getting message, do they? This is because criminals are not a single entity with a collective mind. You might as well be shooting zombies as it is really a one-on-one message.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links