Store clerk shoots back during attempted robbery (video)

This is a discussion on Store clerk shoots back during attempted robbery (video) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; CCTV:June 29, 2008. Dallas,Texas. A store clerk exchanges shots with would be robbers. LiveLeak.com - Store clerk shoots back during attempted robbery...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Store clerk shoots back during attempted robbery (video)

Store clerk shoots back during attempted robbery (video)

CCTV:June 29, 2008. Dallas,Texas. A store clerk exchanges shots with would be robbers.

LiveLeak.com - Store clerk shoots back during attempted robbery

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quick reaction by the clerk
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Good and Bad. I'm glad he fought back but I would give him a gift certificate for a day at the range. I was not in his position and did not have the adrenalin flowing but you have to be careful of shooting innocents outside.
    NRA Member

Everyone can second guess this guy, but if you've not experienced the adrenaline flow it's hard to understand. Perhaps having had his gun on his person where a draw could have allowed him to start shooting when he saw the gun come through the door would have helped, but that's a guess on my part. Tunnel vision is a killer!

I would not like thinking that these dirtbags are still in the neighborhood...and...they know he's armed.

Stay armed...keep it on your person...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I think I saw this here recently. I can't find any news articles on this. Hmmmmm...

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I hope he didn't get fired for going against company policy....
    For God, Family and Country!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Right at the end of the video, near the top center of the screen, it looks like after all the shooting there is still a customer in the store shopping!

Fitch

but you have to be careful of shooting innocents outside.
    Yes, there is that possibility, but when you're in a firefight and someone's trying to kill you at close range...it's just not one of your high priority thoughts in those few seconds.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

looked kinda crazy the way it happend but the clerk shooting as wild as he did yep we can sit her and say he shoulda done this or that but none of us were there but im pretty sure if we were there they be 2 BGs on the floor the clerk had a gun but one thing he didnt have which was obvious Traning.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what those two discussed when they got outside the store.

It is a good thing the clerk saw the whole thing coming and was able to get his gun. It looks like it was fairly inaccessible.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Glad the Clerk isn't dead. Was his gun sitting on the counter next to the register?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Glad the Clerk isn't dead. Was his gun sitting on the counter next to the register?
    It looks like his gun was on a lower shelf right at the edge. He grabbed it quickly and immediately began firing. He appeared to have no delay in his decision making or his actions. Obviously one in the chamber, and obviously he had played out such a scenario in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Everyone can second guess this guy, but if you've not experienced the adrenaline flow it's hard to understand.
    I think everyones reaction is different. I used to have a really weird responce to extreme crisis that made my peers think I was a whack job that was turned by crisis. To be honest it concerned me too. The thing is that in spite of that everything was always crystal clear and calm with complete 360 degree awareness of the smallest details. Things that I would normally miss in normal everyday circumstances. But you are right if you have not been there it is really impossible to understand

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    I think I saw this here recently. I can't find any news articles on this. Hmmmmm...
    I looked for an written article also as the program they have to download the movie is not Mac compatible. Found none, not surprised John Lott in his book The Bias Against Guns asserted that the distorted view the public has about guns based media reports of gun violence is not solely the result of media bias. But because acts of self defense go under reported because most cases self defense do not result in blood shed and the cliche if it bleeds it leads is based on fact. This story seems to contradict that theory as my impression there was blood shed. I think that the media is far more biased and willing to distort what is reported to fit their liberal agenda than John Lott's studies imply
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    I hope he didn't get fired for going against company policy....
    Would not be surprised at all. Remember that Domino's Pizza driver? Than again I know of one stop and rob where all the employees are armed right in the midst of a drug hooker strip and they never get robbed. Because everyone on the streets learned about they shoot back after two different robberies ended by the robbers getting themselves shot up
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

He did very well. His situational awareness was excellent, as was his use of what little cover was available. Most of his shots were fired at an upward angle which prevented hitting any shoppers. I doubt if 1/10 of 1% of us could have done as well.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

They probably had to go rob a Wal-Mart so they could change their shorts.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links