UGLY: Mother Shot in Home Invasion Robbery (CA)

This is a discussion on UGLY: Mother Shot in Home Invasion Robbery (CA) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://origin.mercurynews.com/breaki...nclick_check=1 ANTIOCH —An Antioch mother was shot while trying to protect her 2-year-old son from a gunman during a home-invasion robbery early Friday, police report. ...

Thread: UGLY: Mother Shot in Home Invasion Robbery (CA)

UGLY: Mother Shot in Home Invasion Robbery (CA)

http://origin.mercurynews.com/breaki...nclick_check=1

ANTIOCH —An Antioch mother was shot while trying to protect her 2-year-old son from a gunman during a home-invasion robbery early Friday, police report.

Police said they arrested the suspected shooter, 25-year-old Antioch resident Tremaine D. Oliver, and are looking for a second man who may have been involved.

The mother, father and son were sleeping in the living room of their home in the 2700 block of Balboa Court, where they had moved in recent weeks. Oliver and possibly a second man broke into the residence through a sliding glass door just before 1:30 a.m., police said.

The woman was trying to flee the room with the toddler when Oliver shot her, police said. The bullet struck her forearm, causing a broken arm. Her husband fought with one man, believed to be Oliver, until he fled the residence.

Larry Rogers, who lives across the cul-de-sac from the family, said he was awakened with loud bangs he mistook as fireworks.

"I thought it was just someone shooting off some M-80's or something, but then I realized it was gunshots," he said.

Rogers explained that he saw several people leave the house, fleeing into alleyways behind neighbors' homes.

Rogers said the woman fled to his house, where he offered her a bottle of water, a sweater and comfort.

"She was pretty shaken, and you could see where she was shot," he said.

Rogers said he offered to take care of the little boy as well, but "he wouldn't leave his dad."

"It was more excitement than we usually have around here," he said.

Police said they arrested Oliver after he ran through the neighborhood, jumping several fences and attempting to hide. The gun used to shoot the woman was found at the victim's house.

The woman was treated at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek for the bullet wound and several cuts she suffered from broken glass. Police said her husband and child were not injured during the incident.

Police are looking for a person they want to interview about the burglary. They said it is unclear whether there was a second burglar.

Oliver has been booked into County Jail in Martinez on suspicion of first-degree burglary, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, child endangerment and being a felon in possession of a firearm.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

I wonder if this family will now consider arming themselves? Fearing for one's safety at home is chilling, but to worry about the safety of your children is unimaginable.

Violating someone's home has to rank among the worst of crimes. It is one of those actions that deserves only 'instant death' to those bold enough to try...no mercy!

My wife and I have discussed 'uninvited guests' many times...we both agree on the strategy...threats to our private residence (above all other possible threats) will be stopped with quick violent actions...no questions asked!

Stay armed......stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I agree I see somebody In my home I know they ain't suppose to be there and I'm not waiting for a weapon to be displayed etc. I will shoot first the only conversation I plan to have is 911 what's your emergency...I need somebody to come remove some trash
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links