GOOD: Pizza Clerk Takes down Suspected Robber

This is a discussion on GOOD: Pizza Clerk Takes down Suspected Robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; DENTON, Texas -- Denton police said a man attempted to rob a pizza restaurant Friday night, but one of the store's employees fought back and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOOD: Pizza Clerk Takes down Suspected Robber

DENTON, Texas -- Denton police said a man attempted to rob a pizza restaurant Friday night, but one of the store's employees fought back and then three citizens stepped in to make sure the suspect and his accomplices went to jail.

Police said Benjamin Ramirez, 41, walked into the Pizza Patron in the 100 block of E. University Drive around 10:30 p.m.

Ramirez was wearing a wig and dark sunglasses and was carrying what appeared to be a silver handgun, police said.

Speaking in Spanish, Ramirez told the clerk "give me the money" and then slapped the worker in the face, according to investigators.

The clerk, 17-year-old Rudy Sandoval, said he was going to give the suspect the money but decided to fight back when he got slapped.

"I ran up on him right here," Sandoval said as he described the fight. "I just stuck him two or three good times right here. He just dropped right there and started snoring."

Ramirez was passed out for several minutes but regained consciousness and was able to get up and run from the restaurant.

That's when someone passing by outside realized something was wrong and started chasing the suspect on foot.

Ramirez got into a black pickup truck where his two alleged accomplices were waiting, but the passerby didn't give up.

He convinced the occupants of a nearby vehicle to follow the suspects. They were able to give police a location and officers were quickly on the scene.

Police arrested Ramirez, Jose Martinez, 26, and Sonia Palacios, 38.

Ramirez' weapon turned out to be a toy.

The suspects are charged with aggravated robbery and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Police said they don't recommend doing what Sandoval did especially when you believe a suspect is armed but they are grateful to the citizens who helped.

"Four different citizens helped out in this situation," said Officer Jim Bryan, Denton Police Department. "We were able to get him into custody in about fifteen minutes."
    The security camera video can be seen HERE

Personally, I kind of wish the female employee hadn't pulled the young man off this scum bag and just let him beat him to death. The guy is obviously worthless, it wouldn't be any great loss to society at all.
    By the way, in the video, pay particular attention to the restaurant grade stainless steel table in the frame. After the beat down, check out the condition of it compared to the condition in the beginning of the video.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The robber has a gun and an employee is PROTECTING the robber from being stopped? WTH is up with that? Seemingly, she'd prefer that she and her colleague get murdered in the trade. They are both lucky as sin, that the gun was fake and the robber not motivated.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Give that man a raise. This idiot was lucky it was not a clerk with a weapons permit he tried to rob.
    NRA Member

I'd be looking at that girl as a possible accomplice,she sure was quick to hand over the money and then jump on the mployee to pull him off as soon as he started to punch the guy
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'd be looking at that girl as a possible accomplice ...
    Possibility, yes, given how energetically she contributed to the BG's success.

Glad to see that number of people step in to help catch these scumbags. Sure, I'll bet a lot of you will say that he was stupid...those folks shouldn't have followed the bad guys...what were they thinking?...they shouldn't try to play cop. Well, screw that...if more people fought back like these fine folks did, this country wouldn't be in the mess it is today.

rudy sandoval has a future with the UFC. as said, that girl sure is suspect.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Pizza Hut

Good thing this wasn't Pizza Hut or Rudy would be looking for a job. Pizza Hut would rather their employees roll over like a whipped pup rather than fight back no matter what the circumstances are.
    US Army retired (1969 - 1994)
    Vietnam 1970 - 1971

Love the close up shots of the punches...I'm pretty sure I can see the punch that put the guy to sleep.

I love the warm fuzzies I get from watching those kinds of videos.

-JT

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I heard an interview with the pizza guy that knocked out the bad guy. It was hilarious. He said as soon as the guy slapped him & disrespected him, the fight was on.

VIP Member
    I agree, the female employee looks suspicious.

And the Mug Shot.

Plus:

Ramirez and Palacios are also facing federal immigration holds. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement places holds on suspects who are believed to be illegal immigrants, and a hold may result in deportation.
    Blotter: Three arrested in pizza parlor heist | Denton Record-Chronicle | News for Denton County, Texas | Local News
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

"Four different citizens helped out in this situation," said Officer Jim Bryan, Denton Police Department. "We were able to get him into custody in about fifteen minutes."

Texas is kinda dangerous for criminals to be plying thier trade these days.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Let's hear it for the pizza employee...

Now just why would any employee jump on the back of another employee who was busy fighting off a BG? He (GG) should have 'cold-cocked' her, too!

She needs to be investigated to the fullest!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I had the same thought about the female employee, and kudos for the kid for just plain knocking that guy out!!

As I said in an earlier post, I love a happy ending like this.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

This just in: the BG chose the hand-tossed crust. Yup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links