Ugly - Father Beaten Almost To Death At Amusement Park Lot

This is a discussion on Ugly - Father Beaten Almost To Death At Amusement Park Lot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Summary: (1) Lone punk slaps 12 yr old daughter's rear-end. (2) Father of girl responds verbally to punk (3) Punk gets on cell phone, rounds ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ugly - Father Beaten Almost To Death At Amusement Park Lot

Ugly - Father Beaten Almost To Death At Amusement Park Lot (Merged)

Summary:

(1) Lone punk slaps 12 yr old daughter's rear-end.
    (2) Father of girl responds verbally to punk
    (3) Punk gets on cell phone, rounds up his homies
    (4) Man stomped almost to death.

Story:
    wcco.com - Charges: Father Badly Beaten By 8 At Valleyfair

Photo of a couple of the perps:
    http://www.co.scott.mn.us/wps/PA_1_0...d=200800003146
    http://www.co.scott.mn.us/wps/PA_1_0...d=200800003145

Article Contents:
    Charges: Father Badly Beaten By 8 At Valleyfair
    SHAKOPEE, Minn. (WCCO) ― Six men and a teenager are facing felony assault charges after they seriously injured the father of a 12-year-old girl at Valleyfair Amusement Park, according to Shakopee Police.

The report states just after midnight the evening of July 4, police were dispatched to Valleyfair to assist an officer with the detention of the men and to help provide medical attention to the unconscious victim. When officers arrived, Valleyfair security and one officer already had the men detained in the main parking lot.

Witnesses told police that the fight began when one of the men slapped the girl on her buttocks. The father responded by yelling at him. The man then used his cell phone to call his seven friends over to "get these bitches," according to the mother of the girl.

In the fight that followed, the father received a broken right orbital (the facial bones around the eye), cuts to his face and arms, and possible subdural bleeding between his skull and brain, according to police.

The first officer at the scene was directed by Valleyfair Security to the group of eight men, and he ordered them to the ground. Seven of them did so, but one tried to run and was later apprehended.

Though the victim was unconscious, his wife was able to inform police about what happened and identify the suspects. She said that the eight men took turns stomping on her husband's face as he was on the ground.

All of the suspects were arrested and taken to Scott County Jail.

The six men who have been charged were identified by the Scott County District Court as 22-year-old Terry Laron Arnold, 19-year-old Andrew Demarkis Shannon, 18-year-old Devondre Evans-Lewis, 19-year-old Derry Darnell Evans, 20-year-old Darris Devon Evans, 20-year-old Anthony Cornandance Gildersleeve. A seventh teen was also charged, but his name was not released because he is a minor.

2. Remove Ads

Too many

I hope they get real sentences.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    I really glad I know how to engage multiple targets. Hearing stories like this make me furious, so I'm not going to comment like I want on this, because I don't want to get banned
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    "buttocks" They could have just said "tooshy"

I used to live up there and have been to Valleyfair. That area sure has changed a lot recently. I wonder if Valleyfair has CCW banned inside the park?

Senior Moderator
    This is why I carry
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    I wonder if Valleyfair has CCW banned inside the park?
    Yes, the park is posted.

It's also worth note that the security staff at the park are able to identify threats, but do not expel these people. It's quite possible that a negligence suit will come out of this because if you can identify threats but fail to remove them you become more liable than if you knew nothing. At the bottom of the park's problem one is likely to find a written policy discouraging expulsions. That is the document that the victim's lawyer needs to obtain.

Of course, it was the criminals' fault, not the park's fault even if the park has an existing policy that makes them complicit. The park's desire to disarm the law abiding while babysitting the the dregs of society is part of the problem. You and your KelTec would be expelled, but these punks cause trouble at the park all day long and are not expelled.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    + 1, pgrass101

I would think they would have been charged with attempted murder.

You almost hope the DA doesn't make'em an offer- let them play out THIS one in front of a jury. Damn near any jury, any where (even RPKalifornistan, I'd bet).

I'd be begging for a deal if I was representing one of the miscreants.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

The idea of getting my head stomped in at Valleyfair by eight dirtbags while trying to protect my child leaves me a little speechless. I mean, I first went to Valleyfair as a small child, in the 80's, and it always seemed to be such a benign place.....nothing like getting slapped upside the head by a nice cold reality check.

Lance, could one of us have legally intervened in this situation?
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    + 1, pgrass101

You almost hope the DA doesn't make'em an offer- let them play out THIS one in front of a jury. Damn near any jury, any where (even RPKalifornistan, I'd bet).

I'm with you Randy, I hope it goes to a jury and it should be attempted murder
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    + 1, pgrass101

Yeah....just wait and see what they actually get. MN is full of flaming left wing liberals, and these dirtbags are poor, disadvantaged, oppressed minorities; they'll end up with slaps on the wrists, or maybe 6 months in the Crowbar Motel at best.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Quote Originally Posted by packin45 View Post
    (sic) ...

Lance, could one of us have intervened in this situation?

Now you've done it.

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

At very least, the charges should be attempted murder. Even so, these scumoids will be out among us very soon.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packin45 View Post
    Yeah....just wait and see what they actually get. MN is full of flaming left wing liberals, and these dirtbags are poor, disadvantaged, oppressed minorities; they'll end up with slaps on the wrists, or maybe 6 months in the Crowbar Motel at best.

They are simply just liberals that are poor... that's all. Hopefully they spend many years behind bars.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

This is a really sad story, I haope the father has the best recovery possible and it's because of punks like those that we carry to defend ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post

Now you've done it.

I'm more or less asking his opinion on the legal aspect of the situation....I should have specified that in my post, and I will change the wording.

If I'm at Valleyfair, especially after reading this....well, concealed means concealed. I wonder how many people stood there and did nothing, once the stomping commenced.
    G17, G26

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links