GOOD: Man Stops Burglars - Jackson, MS

This is a discussion on GOOD: Man Stops Burglars - Jackson, MS within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; WLBT 3 - Jackson, MS: Resident Opens Fire on Apartment Burglars Resident Opens Fire on Apartment Burglars Posted: July 17, 2008 05:00 PM Suspected Burglar ...

Thread: GOOD: Man Stops Burglars - Jackson, MS

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

WLBT 3 - Jackson, MS: Resident Opens Fire on Apartment Burglars

Resident Opens Fire on Apartment Burglars

Posted: July 17, 2008 05:00 PM
    Suspected Burglar Shot

One man is hospitalized after being shot during a home burglary. It happened just after noon Thursday at the Elton Park Apartments on Elton Road in south Jackson.

Police say a tenant in Building 11 came home to find his apartment door kicked in. The resident then approached his home and yelled for anyone inside to come out. Authorities say when three men ran out of the apartment, the resident started firing shots. The suspected burglars escaped through a hole in a fence surrounding the complex.

Police later found one of the culprits hiding in a nearby culvert with two gunshot wounds. Paramedics took him to University Medical Center, but the other two got away.

Jackson police commander Jeremiah Jones says officers happened to be in the right place at the right time.

"The ironic part about it is the same time this was occurring, we were doing a sting operation on the other side on Raymond Road," Jones said. "(It involved) another house burglary suspect that had been breaking into houses attempted to sell things."

Commander Jones says the three burglary suspects had broken into another apartment at Elton Park around the same time.

Authorities have not released the names of anyone involved, and the resident has not been charged with a crime.
    Obviously things are different down south. Here in CT, if I were to take similar action I would be cuffed and stuffed.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Kinda like a ghetto entertainment center see how many burglars you can shoot as they run out the door before they escape from view
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Kinda like a ghetto entertainment center see how many burglars you can shoot as they run out the door before they escape from view

Sort of like Wack-a-Mole!

Jackson is getting ruff!! I hate even entering the county!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I wonder if it will be available for Xbox or Nintendo, should be a good seller.

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    WLBT 3 - Jackson, MS: Resident Opens Fire on Apartment Burglars

Obviously things are different down south. Here in CT, if I were to take similar action I would be cuffed and stuffed.
    I was in college in FL with a middle-aged, loud-mouth, anti-gun woman from CT when they strengthened the FL castle doctrine law. This woman was incredulous as to the fact that a homeonwer was allowed to shoot a burgler or a person threatening them in their own home.

Must be something in the water up in the DC to Mass. corridor. That's the only way I can figure of explaining it.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Links