GOOD: Bulldozer Copycat Killer v. CCW (Israel)

This is a discussion on GOOD: Bulldozer Copycat Killer v. CCW (Israel) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Killing of terrorist captured on video Caught on video: Bulldozer driver goes on rampage in Jerusalem, wounds 18 people; terror attack ends quickly thanks to ...

Thread: GOOD: Bulldozer Copycat Killer v. CCW (Israel)

VIP Member

Killing of terrorist captured on video

Caught on video: Bulldozer driver goes on rampage in Jerusalem, wounds 18 people; terror attack ends quickly thanks to rapid respone by settler Yaakov Asael, Druze Border Guard officer Amal Ganem who shot and killed terrorist

Efrat Weiss
    Published: 07.22.08, 18:33 / Israel News

VIDEO - The Jerusalem bulldozer attack Tuesday afternoon left 18 people wounded but could have been much worse had it not been for the quick reaction of settler Yaakov Asael and Border Guard officer Amal Ganem, who shot and killed the terrorist. The last moments of the incident were captured on video.

The video shows Ganem fire at the terrorist from one side of the bulldozer. In the backdrop a man is heard saying "is there anyone here who can provide first aid? There's somebody wounded here."

Ganem is then seen moving over to the other side of the bulldozer, while an eyewitness tells him that the driver is still alive: "He's not dead, he's dead." Ganem then aims his weapon and fires several bullets, bringing the incident to an end.

The camera then shifts to a religious man who is asked for his name by the photographer. The man replies "Yaki Asael" and the photographer replies "Yaki, you were the first one to fire. Way to go." Asael gives the thumbs up signal and walks away modestly, without taking credit for shooting the terrorist.

You can see the whole article and video here:
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...571781,OO.html
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

He acted quickly to end the threat. There are some lessons to be learned here.

We all could list incidents where someone armed could have saved lives by ending the liberal idea of "Unarmed Victim Zones".

Stay armed...react quickly and violently to end the threat...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I was quite surprised -- QUITE surprised! -- when PMS-NBC said on its news web site that an armed civilian had killed the murderer.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

VIP Member
    And it takes the french to come up with a headline like this:

France 24 | Bulldozer driver shot dead by panicking citizen | France 24
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Panicking citizen???? This coming from a country that waves the white flag before the first shot is fired????? Go figure. The GG obviously belives in gun control. He drew, controlled his gun and ended the threat!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

First, neither incident involved a bulldozer. The current implement is a front end loader/backhoe.

Second, Yaakov Asael isn't exactly a civilian, just like with the other incident where the "civilian" was an off duty service man. Yaakov is a reserve IDF Company Commander with an extensive military career.
    http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...571726,00.html

As noted, he most definitely was NOT a panicking citizen.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    First, neither incident involved a bulldozer. The current implement is a front end loader/backhoe.

Second, Yaakov Asael isn't exactly a civilian, just like with the other incident where the "civilian" was an off duty service man. Yaakov is a reserve IDF Company Commander with an extensive military career.

Kinda hard to find an israeli who is not in the reserves since most of them have to serve in the military.
    Randy Cain.

Guess what people, The original report of this story said a civilian stopped the attacker (shot him dead). This morning, I was listening to the radio, and the BBC is reporting that a "Police Man" stopped the attacker.

I'm so tired of left wing propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post

At the time of the shooting he was acting (and carrying) as a civilian. As stated above, most Israelis are in the reserves.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmahle68 View Post
    Guess what people, The original report of this story said a civilian stopped the attacker (shot him dead). This morning, I was listening to the radio, and the BBC is reporting that a "Police Man" stopped the attacker.

I'm so tired of left wing propaganda.
    And it will be like that for many moons to come. I remember several years ago a grandmother at a supermarket saw a terrorist taking out the trigger of a belt bomb and about to detonate it. She pulled out her weapon and shot the guy dead. If I recall correctly, The Jerusalem Post carried the piece and identified the woman but when the story came here, grandma was turned into an off duty soldier or something like that.
    Randy Cain.

That my friends is how things are supposed to be. An ARMED concerned citizen, in the absence of LEO assessed the threat and acted. Well done Yaki, well done.....

Too bad he didn't have the same machinery. They could have had a robot battle.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

I've also read that this young man is being sued by the terrorist's family for his actions. Even in Israel!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirerogue View Post
    I've also read that this young man is being sued by the terrorist's family for his actions. Even in Israel!
    Of course! He was not a terrorist, he was doing Valet Parking with heavy machinery
    Randy Cain.

Links