Wally-World Robbery - Where Are the Good Guys When We Need Them?

This is a discussion on Wally-World Robbery - Where Are the Good Guys When We Need Them? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; (This happened about 50 miles south of my home) Daily Freeman - Three sought in brazen Wal-Mart theft NEWBURGH - Three men are being sought ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wally-World Robbery - Where Are the Good Guys When We Need Them?

(This happened about 50 miles south of my home)

Daily Freeman - Three sought in brazen Wal-Mart theft

NEWBURGH - Three men are being sought in the theft of more than $6,300 in electronics from Wal-Mart, town police said.

At about 4 a.m. Sunday, police said, a man approached an employee in the electronics department and asked to see a MP-3 player in one of the locked cabinets. When the employee opened the case he was surrounded by two other men, who began emptying the entire case into a white laundry-type bag, police said. Police said the employee told the men to stop but they told him to shut up.

A total of $6,372 in MP-3 players and iPods were stolen from the store, police said.

The three suspects are described as black men in their 20s, ranging in height from 5-feet, 9-inches to 6-feet. One wore black shorts, a white T-shirt and a black hat; the second wore green shorts and a white sweatshirt; and the third wore blue jeans and a collared, striped shirt.

The three fled the store with the stolen merchandise and got into a waiting vehicle, described as a small silver sports car, which fled out of the parking lot onto state Route 300 northbound.

Anyone with information is urged to the Newburgh town police at (845) 564-1100 or Drime Stoppers at (845) 566-TIPS. Cash rewards are offered for information leading to an arrest, police said.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

4 a.m.?

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I had to go to the Wally Mart here late one night and I can tell you the crazies are out in force........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    That's the hour the term "zombie" was born!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Where are all you guys that like to do the wally world shuffle
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.- George Washington
    Serving Since 1985- "Airborne"

If I saw this happening, I'd back off and make a phone call...WalMart couldn't care less about the theft or its employees.
    I'd never get involved, and I'd never be in WW after 8 P.M. (if at all)

Stay armed...shop during the day...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

where were all the undercover security ? sleeping ? or maybe looking out for legal CCs ?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vic2367 View Post
    where were all the undercover security ?

They just watch their own employees. They don't care about the customers, except in Texas.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    Wow can any one say meth who else would be in a wally world at 4 am
    i try never to enter wally world during day light let alone at 4 am lol

No one had a cell phone? or are there no GGs working at WalMart?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

They got a pretty good description, it's possible one of the GGs was there and did what he should, be a good witness.

Just based on the information reported I wouldn't have even drawn my gun. 3 men, none visibly armed, no physical force on anyone. I would have simply watched so I could give a good description of the criminals. As for Wal-Mart security, they have probably been trained to do the same thing, just watch and give a good report. The lawsuit that the 3 "good, church going, family" men would have filed if anyone had hurt them in any way while they committed grand theft would have cost Wal-Mart more than the $6300 that was stolen.

Let me put myself in this situation. Let's say I was in the store and observed this going on. Let's say I drew my weapon and fired when they started yelling at the clerk. Even if they were unarmed, legally this still could be considered a "good shoot" since they were committing a felony (Arkansas, not sure about other places), but I know it would be rouch on me. Emotionally, I will have just killed a man and I don't know whether I could justify it to myself based on the lives I saved, etc. because they were unarmed. To me, even one scumbags life is worth more then a bunch of IPods.

Of course, that clerks life is worth more to me than the scumbags, so even though I would just be watching to be a good witness, I would also be ready to draw/fire if I saw a weapon or felt the clerk's life was in jeopardy.

I would have just been a good witness.

No need to go Jack Bauer on some punks to save Walmart's iPods.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by vic2367 View Post
    where were all the undercover security ? sleeping ? or maybe looking out for legal CCs ?
    u mean rent-a-cops?

only in vegas: i saw a rent-a-cop in a wal-mart parking lot driving an enterprise rent-a-car.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    only in vegas: i saw a rent-a-cop in a wal-mart parking lot driving an enterprise rent-a-car.
    Speaking of Vegas rent-a-cops, there's one at the Bank of America near where I eat lunch who walks around the front of the bank with two six shooters on his belt. He thinks it's the wild west.

This is the one: bank of america loc: 505 E Windmill Ln # 1D, Las Vegas, NV 89123 (Mai Thai Express) - Google Maps
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

yeah, there is an armed guard at the rainbow/cheyenne one where i used to work also.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links