Ask for Grey Poupon and recieve a gun to the face:Utah

This is a discussion on Ask for Grey Poupon and recieve a gun to the face:Utah within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mods - Not sure where this goes, please move if necessary Motorist's quip about 'Grey Poupon' met with cocked, black handgun - Salt Lake Tribune ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ask for Grey Poupon and recieve a gun to the face:Utah

Ask for Grey Poupon and recieve a gun to the face:Utah

Mods - Not sure where this goes, please move if necessary

Motorist's quip about 'Grey Poupon' met with cocked, black handgun - Salt Lake Tribune

Motorist's quip about 'Grey Poupon' met with cocked, black handgun
    By Jason Bergreen
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Article Last Updated: 07/23/2008 06:50:28 AM MDT

Posted: 9:16 PM- A Sandy man took offense to a motorist, who, after getting him to roll down his window, asked, "Excuse me, sir, do you have any Grey Poupon?"
    After hearing the request for Dijon mustard, the 22-year-old driver pulled a black handgun from his glove compartment, cocked the weapon and pointed it at the three people in the other car.
    "Here's your Grey Poupon, roll your [expletive] windows up," he responded.
    The confrontation happened June 18 at the intersection of 900 East and Winchester Street (6500 South) in Murray, court documents state.
    One of the three people in the car wrote down the SUV's license plate number.
    Murray police later located the man, who admitted to an officer that he pulled out the gun, racked the slide and threaten the other car.
    He was charged Tuesday with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.

What an idiot! What would have you done in this situation? Say it was your kid in the back seat acting goofy (as kids do)...

2. Remove Ads

This guy doesn't need to have a gun! And it sounds like he may not have that privilege if he is convicted.
    One man with a gun can control 100 without one.
    Vladimir Lenin

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Yikes...hope they throw the book at him. I wonder after serving his time he should be aloud to have a weapon again?

Tough call on what to do...probably would get the hell out of dodge first to protect my passengers.

Rick

Administrator
    I'll bet he was ready to Poupon himself.

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    Sounds like he was having a bad day, I don't agree with what he did, but I have on more that one occasion seen a car full of teens that needed a scare like that. There is having some fun, and their is being an idiot too.

Best thing would be to just drive away. Hopefully the kids in the car will learn a lesson from this also.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

JD
    Administrator
    Well duh! I would have just given them my bottle of Grey Poupon from the glove box since he didn't have any!

You just never know what kind of people you'll encounter, when out in public or on the highway. Acting stupid or goofy can get you killed. Anything can set off a psycho, as this 22 yr old nut job obviously is, fortunately nobody was hurt and this moron was tracked down and arrested. Hopefully he learned pointing your gun at someone is NO JOKE. Asking someone for mustard is not quit the same as demanding their wallet. Had he been asked for his wallet, perhaps then his response would have been appropriate. The guys in the car should have vanished ASAP, once they saw this guy was not amused.

I've told my children many time not to act stupid or goofy in public, you never know how people might react. Thinking you are being funny, might **** somebody off who is crazy or already having a bad day and you might incur their rath......... or worse.

Idiot.

Every now and then a thread comes up that asks for a definition of brandishing........ This is an excellent example!

There's an unfortunate lesson to be learned about attempting to joke around with strangers too, though......

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    One can not afford to have a "bad day" when they are armed...period.

As for having fun...we need to chill and sometimes laugh.

Rick

definition of brandishing........

I'm not sure what a good one is, but I can tell you the best way to stay away from that problems is....

Always leave your gun in the holster and only draw a Nanosecond before you shoot someone.

Yep a text book case showing what 'brandishing' actually is.
    Yet another moron, with a gun.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Senior Moderator
    Two idiots met on a road. One went to jail, the other went on being an idiot.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Such inane and insane comments can indicate a serious danger, as people discovered at the boat landing in Circle, Alaska. Some drifter said he was there to fish for black bass (on the Yukon), but he was killing people as they landed their boats.

In the cities, aren't muggers asking for something harmless, like "what time is it" or for a light to gauge the vulnerability of the potential victim?

Did the kids really ask for mustard or did they say something else? A car full of people doing wierd stuff, who knows what they are up to.

Semper Fi

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links