BAD: 3 shot at Arizona college

This is a discussion on BAD: 3 shot at Arizona college within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Source July 24th, 2008 3 shot at Arizona college Posted: 08:07 PM ET (CNN) — Three students at a community college in Arizona were shot ...

Thread: BAD: 3 shot at Arizona college

BAD: 3 shot at Arizona college

Source

July 24th, 2008
    3 shot at Arizona college
    Posted: 08:07 PM ET

(CNN) — Three students at a community college in Arizona were shot Thursday, authorities said.

A shooter is in custody after the attack, which happened at about 4 p.m. MT at South Mountain Community College in Phoenix, Arizona, according to the Phoenix Fire Department.

The victims are a 22-year-old woman, a 25-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy.

They were taken to Maricopa County Hospital, where two are listed in critical condition and one is listed in stable condition, fire officials said.
    Details still a little lacking. Doesn't make it any less tragic though.

-B

2. Remove Ads

That cant happen, no guns in school.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    All the more reason to allow concealed carry at colleges.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I would have seen him come in the door. . .
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Here's a slight update on this, I just read it.......

Three shot at Phoenix community college - FOX30Online.com Jacksonville News Leader

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    All the more reason to allow concealed carry at colleges.
    Wonder how many of those students/faculity that were there were wishing for a sidearm to protect themselves the instant this started?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

At least I heard the victims are going to live.

I wasn't old enough to own a pistol in college. I think I was finally 21 when I graduated. I did carry a wooden sword though. I actually attached the sword to my backpack. In the winter, with my ski mask on, I looked like a ninja lol. Wooden swords are no joke. You can seriously mess someone up with one of those.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whyipackmy45 View Post
    At least I heard the victims are going to live.

I wasn't old enough to own a pistol in college. I think I was finally 21 when I graduated. I did carry a wooden sword though. I actually attached the sword to my backpack. In the winter, with my ski mask on, I looked like a ninja lol. Wooden swords are no joke. You can seriously mess someone up with one of those.
    Alright, I'm waiting for the photo of the Mall Ninja badge to be posted....
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    And Arizona just turned-down the College Carry legislation. Sad. I don't know where this school is or what kind of area its in, though. Strangely absent is news about what happened to the shooter.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

this makes me think back to an article i read recently in one of the gun magazines
    the article is where Gunny R Lee Ermy answers questions sent in
    The question was
    Since we last talked, we've had another school shooting at Northern Illinois University, with five students killed in the classroom. Do you think anything can be dont to identify these krooks and crackpots before they strike?

His response was

I dont think so. Look at this case-a regular, everyday guy blending into the student body. Suddenly hes berserk with a gun in his hand, spewing bullets. Except in isolated, extreme and obvious cases, I cant see how it would ever be possible to predict such behavior 100% of the time. what I would like to see is more protection in the classrooms-armed and trained officers ready to deal with any lunatic the minute he or she gets up with a gun or explosives. And I have an idea on how we can make that happen: Why not give free credit and admission to local law enforcement officers who would like to be in college but cant afford it? Lets put the admissions people to work checking out and admitting those trained men and women out there who could be furthering their educations while protecting their fellow students in the class rooms. I dont know why all the geniuses who run this country haven't figured that one out yet.

I agree with his idea completely. While I also would like to see concealed carry on campus, full on concealed carry by students is going to be under much more fire (no pun intended) from many people. Armed officers in class, getting an education while at the same time being able to protect the students in the event of another shooting works out well for everyone.
    GUN CONTROL IS USING BOTH HANDS

I believe its a shoulder thing that goes up - Carolyn McCarthy (D)

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says go away in every language.
    -Clint Smith

Not much info yet. Seems the shooter had specific targets. You probably could've guessed that by the fact he didn't kill himself.
    I wonder since the AZ campus carry bill was recently voted down if the media will even spend a minute on this story.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    That cant happen, no guns in school.
    I completely agree. This is blatant propaganda by the ant-gunners! There could not have been a gun crime committed there, as it is a "Gun Free Zone."
    When in doubt, just ask yourself, "What would Theodore Roosevelt do?"

Every society is 3 missed meals away from anarchy.

Links