Couple turns tables on home invasion robbery suspect ( Monroe WA )

This is a discussion on Couple turns tables on home invasion robbery suspect ( Monroe WA ) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Couple beats up armed robber with baseball bat | Top Stories | KING5.com | News for Seattle, Washington The video is worth watching, they both ...

Thread: Couple turns tables on home invasion robbery suspect ( Monroe WA )

Couple turns tables on home invasion robbery suspect ( Monroe WA )

Couple beats up armed robber with baseball bat | Top Stories | KING5.com | News for Seattle, Washington

The video is worth watching, they both got beat up a bit. What's amazing is the guy comes in with a baseball bat and a gun and in the end he's beaten with his own bat.

Anyone from the area that watches King5 knows this is unusual - a very positive story that doesn't chide the victims for fighting back.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like this couple got a 'home-run'!

This is a great example of the importance of having a 'go boom' weapon of some type at one's bedside.

Whenever I hear of the boldness of a dirtbag to enter your home and then into you bedroom...he/she is intending on doing great bodily harm...these crimes should end with a dead dirtbag...no mercy.

Stay armed...all night, because you never know...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The intruder entered thru an unlocked door,in todays world that is total stupidity,I lock my doors 24/7 and hopefully they learned a valuable lesson.I'm thinking this is one of those times the guy used a gun for intimidation and didn't want to escalate to a homicide which is why homeowners turned the tables in a different situation things could of turned out different.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office says the 24-year-old Monroe man entered the home in the 21600 block of 164th Drive SE around 3:30 a.m. He apparently got in through an unlocked door.
    Like dukalmighty said, you've got to be very naive in today's world to not lock your doors every minute of the day. You want as many barriers as possible between you and your possible threat. Outer doors to your home should be locked, and if possible, it's not a bad idea to lock your bedroom door at night also. With both sets of doors locked, and an alarm system, there should be enough commotion going on to wake the dead, thus giving you those few seconds to get into a strong defensive posture (not stance) to protect you and your family. I think I'd rather have my .45 than a baseball bat though.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmr18z View Post
    Like dukalmighty said, you've got to be very naive in today's world to not lock your doors every minute of the day. You want as many barriers as possible between you and your possible threat. Outer doors to your home should be locked, and if possible, it's not a bad idea to lock your bedroom door at night also. With both sets of doors locked, and an alarm system, there should be enough commotion going on to wake the dead, thus giving you those few seconds to get into a strong defensive posture (not stance) to protect you and your family. I think I'd rather have my .45 than a baseball bat though.
    While I agree that it would be prudent to lock the door, it in no way reduces their rights to and expectation of sanctity. People do make mistakes, and this one instance does not infer a pattern of behavior or lack of common sense. It just goes to show that it only takes one forgetful act to potentially change or end your life.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    While I agree that it would be prudent to lock the door, it in no way reduces their rights to and expectation of sanctity.
    +1 Agreed, but the BG's don't respect our rights and expectations of sanctity. I grew up in a town where we never locked our doors, I wish it could be the same today for everyone.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Links