Gunman critically wounds 7 in TN church: MERGED - Page 2

Gunman critically wounds 7 in TN church: MERGED

This is a discussion on Gunman critically wounds 7 in TN church: MERGED within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Almost everybody I know that attends church and has a CHL carry in church,some of them actually sit in areas where they have a tactical ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gunman critically wounds 7 in TN church: MERGED

Almost everybody I know that attends church and has a CHL carry in church,some of them actually sit in areas where they have a tactical advantage to observe anybody coming in and some of them are pistol packing preachers,ever since the church shootings last year it seems like they are becoming a newer target
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This is why I cannot understand why some states still have churches under their "victim zones." This would pretty much include my state....
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

I found a link to a news article that is being updated continuously on the Drudge Report.

Seems this nut used a shotgun and the attack didn't take too long. From the way the news article reads he may have only gotten off 3 or 4 shots.

Here is a link to the story:

TN Church shooting
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

This must be why they don't allow guns in church here in KS.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

As long as the church isn't posted, guns ARE allowed in Kansas churches. Part of the revisions made with HR2528.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Today was my first day to carry with my CHL, and I took my Sigma with me; this is why.
    Paco, I notice that you are from Texas. If you took your handgun to church without express permission from the church authority, then you are in violation of the law.

6:05 pm

The suspect in this morning's shooting has now been identified as Jim D. Adkisson of Knox County. Randy Kenner with the city of Knoxville said Adkisson is held on a million-dollar bond and is charged with first-degree murder.
    What a scum bag.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

A suspect has been arrested and charged with first degree murder, since two people have now died of their injuries. Click, for news story.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

News like this makes me sick & heartbroken. Thoughts & prayers for wounded & grievers.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    The Unitarian Universalist Church is a fringe group. While I disagree with them very much, I have to admit that I too belong to what some might consider a fringe religious group. I'm a Messianic Jew and I congregate with two different groups of Sabbath-keeping Protestants. Knowing the disdain for Sabbath-keepers in my beloved South, there's no way I'm going to congregation without my piece. The fact that this group got shot up gives me even more reason.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Church shootings are more common amongst certain denominations?
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

VIP Member
    8:12 pmA second victim in the church shooting has died. Linda Kraeger, 63 years of age, has died from her wounds, according to city of Knoxville spokesman Randy Kenner.
    My prayers to all the victims and families.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Is there anyone left in America (and elsewhere) who still believes churches are a safe haven?

As we watched this on the news tonight, I reiterated to my wife that is why I carry: It could happen anywhere, anytime. She didn't say a word, which means in her language that I have a point that cannot be disputed or discounted.

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    Paco, I notice that you are from Texas. If you took your handgun to church without express permission from the church authority, then you are in violation of the law.
    In Texas you can carry at a church as long as it is not posted 30.06. The statute is worded strangely, but church carry in Texas is NOT prohibited.

My prayers go out to the victims...12 injuries with only 3 or 4 shots from a shotgun? I wonder how many of the injuries were do to the stampede that ensued when people panicked.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I wonder how many of the injuries were do to the stampede that ensued when people panicked.
    Watching the videos and listening to a person who helped subdue the shooter, it sounds like the rounds fired caused a lot of damage, a shotgun is an area weapon as we all know, and can do damage and be fatal to victims on the peripheral of the intended target causing multiple casualties with a minimal amount of rounds being fired. Apparently, as per the interviews, there were some people who fled the church, but there seems to have been quite a bit of calmness and organization by the congregation members during and after the incident. It's sad that everyone cannot worship in peace anymore.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links