Craig's List Rapist - PG County, MD

This is a discussion on Craig's List Rapist - PG County, MD within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did himself in when cornered. Article supplied for information, watch for copycats ! Serial Rape Suspect's Trail Of Clues Leads to Violent End...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craig's List Rapist - PG County, MD

Craig's List Rapist - PG County, MD

Did himself in when cornered. Article supplied for information, watch for copycats !

Serial Rape Suspect's Trail Of Clues Leads to Violent End
    Justice will be achieved when those who are not affected by crime become as indignant as those who are.- King Solomon

2. Remove Ads

They wanta know why he did it, like that has ever stopped anybody from committing future crimes,he did taxpayers a favor
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Well I sure fill sorry for all those victims but at least he saved the tax payers some money.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

As I told my wife, unfortunately when they go into great detail in the news as to how the miscreant did his deed, it tends to spawn copycats. Granted, the man is dead by his own hand; however it would appear that the clarion call in this matter would be to those meeting people they don't know.

Be it male or female.

It would have been very nice if one of the victims had the means to dispatch the perpetrator in self defense. It appears that one of the things that people such as this count on is the fact that the victim will not be armed.
    Justice will be achieved when those who are not affected by crime become as indignant as those who are.- King Solomon

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Interesting story but the writer lost me at the beginning of the fourth paragraph:

"It was dark on the night of May 28"

Does May 28 usually stay bright all night?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I also appreciate this dirtbag coward's efforts at saving taxpayers lots of money...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I can honestly say some of the most disturbing stuff I've ever seen, studied and heard about was in a class I took called Forensic Evidence in Serial Sexual Homicide put on by Mike Napier of the FBI and Jon Peters of the Maryland State Police. Both of whom worked the Bob Berdella serial killer case in Kansas City which I was intimately familiar with. Jon Peters at the time of Berdella was a KC Mo. Detective who was doing a fellowship at the FBI academy for the Behavior Science Unit and was brought back to KC along with Napier to profile the case.

One thing I can say... The sickness these monsters have in them has no cure, save one. And that would be death. Preferably by their own hand when cornered by the police or even better, by the hand of one of their victims.

They have no business being introduced to the judicial system as time and time and time again the system ends up failing the community at large (think Jessica Lunde as only one recent and horrible example), and I personally don't wish to waste my tax dollars with a revolving door judicial system or for their "temporary" incarceration should they be convicted.

For the life of me... I can not understand why there are those who absolutely do not understand why people like us choose to carry a gun. It absolutely boggles my mind. Like what goes on the mind of the monster, I can't figure out what goes on in the mind of the
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I can honestly say some of the most disturbing stuff I've ever seen, studied and heard about was in a class I took called Forensic Evidence in Serial Sexual Homicide put on by Mike Napier of the FBI and Jon Peters of the Maryland State Police. Both of whom worked the Bob Berdella serial killer case in Kansas City which I was intimately familiar with. Jon Peters at the time of Berdella was a KC Mo. Detective who was doing a fellowship at the FBI academy for the Behavior Science Unit and was brought back to KC along with Napier to profile the case.

One thing I can say... The sickness these monsters have in them has no cure, save one. And that would be death. Preferably by their own hand when cornered by the police or even better, by the hand of one of their victims.

They have no business being introduced to the judicial system as time and time and time again the system ends up failing the community at large (think Jessica Lunde as only one recent and horrible example), and I personally don't wish to waste my tax dollars with a revolving door judicial system or for their "temporary" incarceration should they be convicted.

For the life of me... I can not understand why there are those who absolutely do not understand why people like us choose to carry a gun. It absolutely boggles my mind. Like what goes on the mind of the monster, I can't figure out what goes on in the mind of the
    Well put.....there are a number of them at large at any given time. In my community, there appear to be three at large and active (that are known). One of the reasons that they are so difficult to apprehend is that their thinking is so askew that their actions cannot be anticipated with any degree of accuracy. They are very highly intelligent and, of course, predatory.

Many are known to move frequently and one recognized tactic in dealing with them is to generate publicity in hopes of driving them to another community. For the most part they are extremely private individuals and one could feasibly have one as a next door neighbor for years and remain unaware.

Truly a reason to be aware and armed.
    Last edited by texasboy; July 29th, 2008 at 12:42 PM. Reason: add to

AMH
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    They wanta know why he did it, like that has ever stopped anybody from committing future crimes,he did taxpayers a favor
    I agree that he did indeed do tax payers a favor. But being in the mental health field I think it is VERY important to try and understand why. Now don’t get me wrong, there is a difference between a reason and an excuse. I am not looking to excuse his behavior.

Psychological autopsies and profiles significantly help law enforcement track down future suspects and help identify potential assailants. I used to work in a Military Confinement Facility and conducted psychological examinations for parole and clemency hearings. The data collected from Psychological autopsies and profiles have done wonders to help us understand the criminal mind and make good decisions on rehabilitative and recidivism potential.

I currently work for the Army Department of Mental Health and help IET commanders identify retention potential among troubled recruits. “Knowing why” is crucial to understanding these young men, and I am quit confident that we have weeded out potential psychopaths.

…One thing I can say... The sickness these monsters have in them has no cure…:
    I agree. In my experience most people who commit these crimes suffer from Personality Disorders, mostly Antisocial. There is no cure. Just have to keep them locked up.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

A few of the things pointed out in the course I attended was that there are organized killers and disorganized killers. There are also sub-categories and classifications such as sexual sadists of which Berdella, Bundy, Dahmer & Gacy were among. They were also of the "organized" category. IIRC Henry Lee Lucas was more "disorganized" and an "opportunity" killer as apposed to stalking like the others mentioned.

Of the "organized" killers, they are often difficult to catch because they are so meticulous in the planning. It is almost always fantasy based and they play that fantasy over and over again in their mind like a video tape. Each time, slightly tweaking and editing the video tape in their heads, perfecting it, and refining it. It becomes very progressive in nature.

Finally when they act on their fantasy, through compelling forces which they can no longer control... after each rape, homicide or brutalization, they will tweak or edit their mental video tape all in an attempt to perfect it. Of course they never can reach perfection, but they do improve on their efficiency and ways of evolving. Often times they take a "trophy" or something from the victim... a ring, a picture, an article of clothing or sometimes even a body part to help in remembering and using it to help replay their twisted video tape again and again in the hopes of reaching perfection.

They may leave some sloppy clues early on, or have difficulty in subduing their victims, but they evolve and get better each time because they have reviewed their fantasies and mistakes thousands and thousands of times over and over in their mind.

Also, before they ever commit their first act on a live target, they have been tormented by these fantasies and this video tape type mental repetition for years, trying out their method in their mind constantly before they are actually compelled to actually act it out on a real person.

These types of predators are nothing but frustrating for the LEO's trying to catch them and often times takes a complete task force of officers working together to catch these fiends! Often times over periods of years... sometimes they are never caught.

A fascinating, albeit frightening study of the human mind studying this stuff. There's no cure for that kind of messed up!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by AMH View Post
    But being in the mental health field I think it is VERY important to try and understand why. Now don’t get me wrong, there is a difference between a reason and an excuse. I am not looking to excuse his behavior.

[...]The data collected from Psychological autopsies and profiles have done wonders to help us understand the criminal mind and make good decisions on rehabilitative and recidivism potential.
    I heartily agree. They're sick and dangerous, and need to be off the streets. But just killing them outright means we don't learn anything about how they become the way they are. If we don't learn that, we don't stand a chance of preventing the creation of more of them, or any biochemical "cures".

Get em off the streets and KEEP EM OFF. But learn from them so we have a chance to prevent more of them from being born or made.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

I took a fair amount of behavioral and deviance studies courses while getting my criminology minor. Like Bark'n said, these cases are some of the most interesting, and frightening things that you can study.

As far as copycats go, I wouldn't be too concerned about a true serial copycat. These guys all have their own "perfect fantasy" that they are trying to have play out. That is why the organized ones tend to have a very narrow set of possible victims.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    ...But just killing them outright means we don't learn anything about how they become the way they are. If we don't learn that, we don't stand a chance of preventing the creation of more of them, or any biochemical "cures".

...But learn from them so we have a chance to prevent more of them from being born or made.
    Personally, and this is speaking for myself.

The FBI and numerous criminal psychological scholars already have a huge data base of what makes these monsters tick. What commonalities they possess and what kind of catalysts in their childhood more than likely broke their moral compass. Books and volumes of text have been written on the subject.

One conclusion rings true... there is no cure! Society is never safe from them... They can never be released, yet somehow some of them do get released. John Cooey was incarcerated... More than once! For sexual offenses! Hmmmm... Tell that to Jessica Lunde's father! He's on America's Most Wanted with John Walsh every month or so trying to get Jessica's law passed.

Personally... Study time is over! As far as I'm concerned, there is no more that we need to learn from these deviates.

The same can be said for radicalized religious Muslim extremists! Terrorists, if you will! They can not be reasoned with and they can not be stopped. They will not stop killing.

Apparently that's quite a hard concept for a vast many people to grasp. They want to believe that WE are civilized and civilized means we don't execute people like that. Of course they have no words for the victims left in the wake of the carnage except... Oh, that was so sad... I'm so sorry for you.... You must feel horrible.

Then in the next breath they say, but if we can fix just one of those poor tormented souls. If we can understand why they are the way they are, we can stop it in others... They deserve to live outside where they can get help. We can watch them... We'll use GPS locator's on them and stick them in halfway houses.

Well, I say hogwash! Bunk! Insanity driving the bus!

I like Dennis Miller's stance on how to keep track of sexual predators... "How about Burials?" You can go to the cemetery and go... "Yep, he's still here!"

Show me someone who believes they can help one of these monsters or have a use for them to continue living, and I'll show you someone out of touch with reality.

JMHO
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

AMH
    Personally, and this is speaking for myself.

The FBI and numerous criminal psychological scholars already have a huge data base of what makes these monsters tick. What commonalities they possess and what kind of catalysts in their childhood more than likely broke their moral compass. Books and volumes of text have been written on the subject.

One conclusion rings true... there is no cure! Society is never safe from them... They can never be released, yet somehow some of them do get released. John Cooey was incarcerated... More than once! For sexual offenses! Hmmmm... Tell that to Jessica Lunde's father! He's on America's Most Wanted with John Walsh every month or so trying to get Jessica's law passed.

Personally... Study time is over! As far as I'm concerned, there is no more that we need to learn from these deviates.

The same can be said for radicalized religious Muslim extremists! Terrorists, if you will! They can not be reasoned with and they can not be stopped. They will not stop killing.

Apparently that's quite a hard concept for a vast many people to grasp. They want to believe that WE are civilized and civilized means we don't execute people like that. Of course they have no words for the victims left in the wake of the carnage except... Oh, that was so sad... I'm so sorry for you.... You must feel horrible.

Then in the next breath they say, but if we can fix just one of those poor tormented souls. If we can understand why they are the way they are, we can stop it in others... They deserve to live outside where they can get help. We can watch them... We'll use GPS locator's on them and stick them in halfway houses.

Well, I say hogwash! Bunk! Insanity driving the bus!

I like Dennis Miller's stance on how to keep track of sexual predators... "How about Burials?" You can go to the cemetery and go... "Yep, he's still here!"

Show me someone who believes they can help one of these monsters or have a use for them to continue living, and I'll show you someone out of touch with reality.

JMHO
    I am not against the death penalty, or combat. And I definitely don't believe in giving them a second chance. Please don't mistake me for a moonbat.

But to suggest that they are not worthy of study is ignorant and short sighted. Culture and society changes, and consequently what makes these people tick changes over time as well.

We wouldn't engage in combat with terrorist without conducting recon and intel just because we studied enemy combatants during WWII. Would we?

You must know your enemy in order to defeat him.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

"he shot himself in the head with the same gun police believe he held to the temples of nine women during the attacks" "a .22-caliber handgun"

wait so you mean a 22 can kill someone? *SHOCK* :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links