Bad..2 teens arrested in Fort Lauderdale store heist, shooting

This is a discussion on Bad..2 teens arrested in Fort Lauderdale store heist, shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This story is bad because of how young these thugs are. I hope they get tried as adults. If I have to go to the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad..2 teens arrested in Fort Lauderdale store heist, shooting

Bad..2 teens arrested in Fort Lauderdale store heist, shooting

This story is bad because of how young these thugs are. I hope they get tried as adults. If I have to go to the local stop and rob I'm always in a heightened state of awareness.

Link to story
    FORT LAUDERDALE - Police have arrested two 14-year-old boys suspected of storming a convenience store, shooting two people and taking off with fistfuls of cash.

The boys were arrested Saturday morning and charged with armed robbery and attempted murder, police spokesman Sgt. Frank Sousa said today.

They confessed to their roles in the robbery that happened shortly before 11 p.m. Wednesday at the VIP 6 Street Market at 201 NW Sixth St., Sousa said.

Police say the two walked into the store and yelled for everyone to get on the floor. Both wore bandannas over their mouths and brandished handguns, authorities say.

Photos taken from the store's surveillance cameras show one teen push a customer against a wall. The robber then points a gun at the man's neck but doesn't fire.

The youths told store clerk Ziad Shehadeh, 48, to hand them money from the cash register, police said.

Police say the pair fired their guns during the robbery, hitting Shehadeh and Rodney Hollman, 42.

Shehadeh and Hollman were taken to Broward General Medical Center with minor injuries, police said.

Shehadeh was treated and released, according to hospital officials. The hospital did not have any record of Hollman being treated.

The robbers took cash from the register and fled the store in an older model gray Chevy Astro, police said.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel is not identifying the suspects because of their ages.
    NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Charge them as adults, and put them away.

They were adult enough to purposely shoot 2 people, so they are adult enough to do time in prison.

Note to the ACLU: quitcher whining about them being poor little disadvantaged, underprivileged, misunderstood youths who aren't responsible for their actions. I've had quite enough of listening to your drivel.

If the dude in the Kangol had a gun on the right that picture looks perfect for drawing and popping this thug in the gut.

They are getting younger and younger and more brazen.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    OK,

I gotta ask, what is a 'Kangol'?

I hope these young punks are charged as adults.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    OK,

That's the hat the victim in the pic is wearing. Kangol is just a brand.
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    it is a brand of head wear, the dude with the pistol stuck in his chin is wearing one. You can tell by the white kangaroo design. I grew up in the hood, so I can spot certain things a mile away.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I hope they put them away (as adults) for the maximum sentence -OR - maybe society will get lucky and these punks will just die in the commission of a crime. The latter appears to be the cheapest alternative.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    If they are charged as adults, having fired the gun in during the commission of a felony resulting in injury -> 25 to life.

Good riddance.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I am sure some people will feel that I am being extreme in my comments, but here it is.

I say treat them as adults, give them life sentences at the very least with no possibility of parole. If it is possible I would be ok with a death sentence!

These punks were lucky that the two people they shot didn't die, as far as I am concerned any criminal who shoots or stabs someone, should be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by czlight View Post
    I say treat them as adults, give them life sentences at the very least with no possibility of parole. If it is possible I would be ok with a death sentence!
    Gasp! How dare you...

Oh, wait. I agree with you!

Let's review, shall we. They got in a car, strapped, and rode/drove to the store at night when it will most likely not be as busy. They pulled up to said store and dismounted the vehicle, still packing, and entered the store. They then brandished their weapons and demanded money that was not theirs, nor was it change for anything they had purchased. One then stuck a firearm in the neck of an innocent shopper and threatened him with deadly harm. The other then begin to use a very specific muscle reflex to pull the trigger of his firearm rearward, thus engaging the firing mechanism propelling the firing pin in to the primer of a bullet, at least twice (number of injured victims). The two "suspects" then fled and again got in to the previously mentioned car and rode/drove away.

Hmmm.. Let me see, um nope no way out of that one. They did it and that is most certainly an adult action, therefore they should be treated and tried as adults.

-Paco

There's another important lesson that needs to be stressed here....

These 2 thugs got what they came for, and shot 2 people anyway!

Simply complying with a BG is no guarantee that you'll walk away in one piece.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

It's so sad...the BGs are no longer Adults!!! Is this what I servered my country for? Glad they were caught!!!

Note to the ACLU: quitcher whining about them being poor little disadvantaged, underprivileged, misunderstood youths ...
    They put innocents at severe disadvantage.

They sought to abuse the privilege everyone has to make their own way in the world. They sought to reap the fruits of others' labors. They're about to reap the fruits of theirs.

Misunderstood is what the rest of society is, if these goblins think we'll stand idly by while their predations eviscerate the last of our humanity. Time to belly up to the bar, "children," and seek your just rewards for your heinous crimes.

...who aren't responsible for their actions.
    They're quite responsible for it. They, and they alone.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Where's a sniper when you need one?

These little thugs are not kids, not anymore. You play adult games, and you should automatically get the adult 'prizes'.

In FL, it's called..."10-20-Life"...and I think we have two winners here!

Now if the clerk would have shot and killed one or two, the media, all of the left, and the Brady Bunch would be screaming about 'save the children'...

Stay armed...lock 'em up ...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Isn't it time we had a march for justice on behalf of these two young people who have been jailed for being disadvantaged? Are there no sociology profs or art school students nearby who will take up this cause?

[uncasing the guitar]

Kum Ba Ya ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links