Another Very Ugly: Bus passenger beheaded seat mate - Canada....merged

This is a discussion on Another Very Ugly: Bus passenger beheaded seat mate - Canada....merged within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bus passenger beheaded seat mate, witness says - CNN.com (CNN) -- As horrified travelers watched, a Greyhound Canada bus passenger repeatedly stabbed and then decapitated ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Very Ugly: Bus passenger beheaded seat mate - Canada....merged

Another Very Ugly: Bus passenger beheaded seat mate - Canada....merged

Bus passenger beheaded seat mate, witness says - CNN.com

(CNN) -- As horrified travelers watched, a Greyhound Canada bus passenger repeatedly stabbed and then decapitated the young man sitting beside him, who was sleeping with his head leaning against the window, a witness said Thursday.

Police officers and cars surround the bus near Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, on Wednesday night.

"There was a blood-curdling scream. I was just reading my book, and all of a sudden I heard it," said Garnet Caton, who was sitting in front of the two men.

"It was like something between a dog howling and a baby crying, I guess you could say. I don't think it will leave me for a while."

Caton said he shouted at the other passengers, many of whom also were sleeping, to leave. Watch Caton describe what he saw »

"Everybody got off the bus. Me and a trucker that stopped and the Greyhound driver ran up to the door to maybe see if the guy was still alive or we could help or something like that," Caton told CNN.

"And when we all got up, we saw that the guy was cutting off the guy's head. ... When he saw us, he came back to the front of the bus, told the driver to shut the door. He pressed the button and the door shut, but it didn't shut in time, and the guy was able to get his knife out and take a swipe at us," Caton said.

The incident happened late Wednesday west of Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, but a standoff between the attacker and police lasted into early Thursday.

The bus was traveling along the Trans-Canada Highway from Edmonton, Alberta, to Winnipeg, Manitoba, and was about 45 minutes from its destination when the attack occurred, said Greyhound spokeswoman Abby Wambaugh in Dallas, Texas.

Witnesses told Canadian TV that the attacker was wielding a butcher-type knife. They said the trucker who stopped provided wrenches and crowbars to several of the men, who were able to keep the suspect on the bus until police came. After the standoff, police took the man into custody.

Wambaugh declined to comment further, except to "confirm that there was an incident on one of our buses."

"I don't want to compromise the investigation," she told CNN.

The incident occurred on the first of two Greyhound Canada buses that were traveling together, she said. The bus was carrying 37 passengers. As many passengers as possible among those not directly involved in the incident were transferred to the second bus, she said.

Others were taken to a hotel in Brandon, where they were met by Greyhound managers and police, Wambaugh said.

Once they are released, Greyhound will take them by bus to Winnipeg, and "we will do whatever is required to help them -- and that includes counseling," she added.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

That is unbelievable! I'm glad they at least didn't let him get away... it's too bad no one had a CCW... oh that's right....
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    That is unbelievable! I'm glad they at least didn't let him get away... it's too bad no one had a CCW... oh that's right....
    Who needs a gun on a bus...and in Canada where guns are illegal no less. Someday folks might learn. Doubtful though.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

What a freak, I always knew Greyhound transferred the who's who in mental illness but this is over the top.

Sucks that he will probably be labeled unfit to stand trial, cause who in their right mind would/could do such a thing. He will be sent to some Canadian loony farm to pick boogers instead of rot in a real prison or fry for what he did.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    This just boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    What a freak, I always knew Greyhound transferred the who's who in mental illness but this is over the top.

Sucks that he will probably be labeled unfit to stand trial, cause who in their right mind would/could do such a thing. He will be sent to some Canadian loony farm to pick boogers instead of rot in a real prison or fry for what he did.
    Fry? Wishful thinking although well intended. Canada doesn't even like to deport U.S. citizens if they'll face the death penalty at home. I think they abolished in 1976 and haven't gotten around to pulling their heads out of their rears yet.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

eeeh hmm...another reason why i carry

i think we need to ban decapitation...
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Well, it's a good thing they banned handguns--this could have ended badly! <sheesh>

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Fox news reported on this and said when he walked to the front of the bus he had the victims head under his arm!
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Better up there than down here..they deserve it!
    "Brains before Bullets"

W...T....F.....
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

I think the just snapped from to much Celine Dion music playing in his I-pod. That is a defensive that I could believe. "Your honor my cleint was listing to Celine Dion over and over until he snapped" Not Guilty

I wonder if this was Jihad related? Like the Nick Berg deal.

May have been personal?? maybe they knew each other??

Definately beyond anything a rational mind could conjure.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

That is just messed up!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Funny how they haven't released the name of the suspect, er murderer. don't want to profile anyone, I guess...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links