Mystery Good Guy & Candle Power Kill B.G.

Mystery Good Guy & Candle Power Kill B.G.

This is a discussion on Mystery Good Guy & Candle Power Kill B.G. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Robber Dies After Smashed In Face With Candle, Shot WNBC Television Posted on 11/11/2005 10:50:38 AM PST by Puppage NEW YORK -- An armed bandit ...

Thread: Mystery Good Guy & Candle Power Kill B.G.

Administrator

Thumbs up Mystery Good Guy & Candle Power Kill B.G.

Robber Dies After Smashed In Face With Candle, Shot

WNBC Television

Posted on 11/11/2005 10:50:38 AM PST by Puppage

NEW YORK -- An armed bandit who tried to hold up a bodega in Brooklyn died after he was smashed in the face with a prayer candle by a worker and then was met with a hail of gunfire from a mystery shooter as he stumbled outside, authorities said Thursday.

Ryan Walters, 23, was killed by multiple gunshot wounds at about 10:40 p.m. Wednesday in the Brownsville section, police said. There were no arrests.

The death occurred after Walters allegedly began firing a .22-caliber handgun during a violent struggle with a worker inside the bodega. The worker, though suffering gunshot wounds to the arm and hand, fended off the bandit by striking him in the face with a heavy glass candle holder, police said.

Walters retreated to the street with severe facial wounds :indiffere and collapsed, police said. A second gunman, standing across the street, fired more than a dozen shots from a .45-caliber pistol toward the store and then fled, police said.

Investigators were uncertain if Walters was killed by the second gunman or if he accidentally shot himself during the struggle inside the bodega. They also were trying to determine if the second shooter was an accomplice in the robbery.

It's Just a Mystery........
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Might be a little soon to announce the "Mystery Good Guy", don't ya think?
    As the article says, might have been an accomplice.
    If it was a CCW, poor judgement IMO. The BG was not threatning his life or the life of another at the time this "Good Guy" fired, at least not according to the story. How about covering the BG and moving up to investigate the situation, calling 911 etc...
    Firing into the store from across the street will get you prison time, even if you were trying to get the BG.
    "When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    --Major General James Mattis, USMC

Semper Fi

Assistant Administrator
    Saw this other day QK - something is far from right in this one - and I'd sure like a much more detailed story of events and facts.

Hopefully there may be some follow-up reporting on it.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The second gunman is the kind that give CHLs a bad name. If there was something going on there that required the use of deadly force, then use it and stick around and man up about what you did. Even though CHL is verboten in NYC, better to fess up than run away.

Just my $0.02. Flame away if you want, but it's how I feel.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Administrator

I have No Idea What To Think Of This Story

The whole story is so doggone strange that I've never read a newspaper "shooting story" quite like it. Something sure is twisted here.

I can't see any Good Guy "license to carry" holder firing a slew of rounds from across the street into any buisness to plug a BG.

Something else is going here that somebody does not want anybody to know the truth about.

Boy, if I were a detective...my red flag would be flapping in the breeze.

VIP Member
    The death occurred after Walters allegedly began firing a .22-caliber handgun during a violent struggle with a worker inside the bodega...... A second gunman, standing across the street, fired more than a dozen shots from a .45-caliber pistol toward the store and then fled, police said.......Investigators were uncertain if Walters was killed by the second gunman or if he accidentally shot himself during the struggle inside the bodega.
    Grant you I am not an CSI-type, but they are uncertain if he got killed by a 22 or a 45? Are those bullet holes so similar?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    Grant you I am not an CSI-type, but they are uncertain if he got killed by a 22 or a 45? Are those bullet holes so similar?
    My thoughts exactly.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

More likely mystery idiot....This guy is across the street and he fired what, 12 45 rounds. Regardless of how good a shot you are this is a bad shoot and the perp was either shot by someone who was wanting him anyway and was following or some just wanting to plug somebody. This is disturbing to me.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Lead Moderator
    This whole story just stinks...... There seems to be nothing quite right about it. Gang related?
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Administrator

Gang Related

or drug related...or both.
    You can be sure that there are some detectives keeping an eyeball on a certain bodega though.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    All this means is that the investigator they asked didn't know (may not have even seen the body). Or, the investigator may not have wanted to say.

I distrust the press. More than once, reporters have called our office after hours, and the same night filed a report for the morning paper that says "calls from this reporter were not returned..." They portray us as being unresponsive to their questions, when in fact, the only reason we didn't answer the question is that no one was there to take the call. It is increasingly common that reporters present conjecture as fact because it is more important to scoop the story than to take the time to verify the facts. In this article, if you sift out what is known from what is unknown, there is almost no substance.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Tom357 I couldn't agree more. They become irritated when we aren't available for comment, but when we did comment our responses were twisted into different meanings. I gave up trying to deal with them and just refereed them to someone from management. They were usually very young and inexperienced. Combine that with arrogance and an ugly air of superiority and you have the usual street reporter. Most of them will get over being young, but rarely recover from the arrogance.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Look at the location, if it truly was Brroklyn, NY it was NOT CCW. Unless Guliani was outside.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Sponsored Links