Bad: Hold-up in my Town - Thomasville, GA

This is a discussion on Bad: Hold-up in my Town - Thomasville, GA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; An armed suspect robbed the Suntrust in our Wal-Mart. Here's the story from our local fish wrapper. Luckily for the Wal-Mart shoppers no one was ...

Thread: Bad: Hold-up in my Town - Thomasville, GA

An armed suspect robbed the Suntrust in our Wal-Mart. Here's the story from our local fish wrapper. Luckily for the Wal-Mart shoppers no one was hurt.
    Man robs bank, torches car, flees

Patti Dozier

THOMASVILLE — Wal-Mart shoppers got more than they bargained for midmorning Monday.

An armed man wearing all black walked into the Suntrust bank branch at the U.S. 19 South store and demanded money.

Police said Monday afternoon they might be close to identifying a suspect in the 10:40 a.m. holdup.

Several people saw the man — who had dreadlocks — enter the bank and leave, said Sgt. Ricky Singletary, Thomasville Police Department (TPD) public information officer.

Shoppers also saw the man get into a gray Taurus and leave the Wal-Mart parking lot through a rear exit and drive to Colonial Drive.

“He went to the end of Colonial Drive and set the car on fire,” Singletary said.

The TPD canine unit responded, but the dog did not pick up a scent where the car was found. Singletary said it is believed a get-away vehicle was waiting for the bandit.

The car had been stolen in Tallahassee, Fla. A Florida tag displayed in the Taurus’ rear window did not go with the car.

The interior of the car, which is being processed in the Jail-Justice Center impound yard, is charred from the blaze. On Monday afternoon, detectives had not determined the accelerant used to start the fire.

The fire was hot enough to melt most of the steering wheel and dissolve upholstery on seats. The dash melted, and all windows, along with glass in the sunroof, burst.

On a small piece of the windshield that was left intact, a couple of painted-on numbers revealed the Ford was a 2006 model.

Personnel at the Tallahassee business where the car was stolen did not realize it was gone until Thomasville police contacted them Monday for information about the vehicle.

Suntrust employees at the bank branch said they could not discuss the stickup, which also is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The suspect was armed with a handgun, said Sgt. Melven Johnson, assistant commander of the TPD Criminal Investigations Division.

He forced a female employee to walk to the safe, where he took an undetermined amount of cash.

“We have a possible suspect,” Johnson said. “We’re trying to get identification on the person.”

Thomasville Times Enterprise - Man robs bank, torches car, flees

dreadlock bandit

sounds like watching the morning news.
    glad nobody got hurt or worse.
    sounds like they might soon have the b.g.
    what a career that guy had.
    dreadlock bandit = moron.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Idiots.....the BG and his accomplice need a dirt nap.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

There was NO new GFL recipients in there getting nacho's either?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    There was NO new GFL recipients in there getting nacho's either?
    I was there later that day but only found out about the robbery when I checked out, and yes my Kimber was on my hip.

I got the chicken tenders, and 180.00 of groceries.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Hate to say it; however, they were probably from Tallahassee...we got plenty of BG's in French Town in Tallahassee...

One of the reasons I try not to visit my folks to often...

Their house has been the site of two attempted break-ins and their neighbor was broken into... He grabbed his pistol and yelled down the stairs (his home is a Bi-Level) I have a gun and I will shoot you... Racked his slide, and began heading down the stairs... the guy was in such a hurry to get out, he broke the pain on the sliding glass door with his arm as he tried to run out of the house...

It pains me to think how good a town Tallahassee used to be, it still has its good and bad, like any town, but I do not think I will ever feel safe the way I did when we first moved there back in 90...

Mike A!

Quote Originally Posted by mlakrid View Post
    Hate to say it; however, they were probably from Tallahassee...we got plenty of BG's in French Town in Tallahassee...

One of the reasons I try not to visit my folks to often...

Their house has been the site of two attempted break-ins and their neighbor was broken into... He grabbed his pistol and yelled down the stairs (his home is a Bi-Level) I have a gun and I will shoot you... Racked his slide, and began heading down the stairs... the guy was in such a hurry to get out, he broke the pain on the sliding glass door with his arm as he tried to run out of the house...

It pains me to think how good a town Tallahassee used to be, it still has its good and bad, like any town, but I do not think I will ever feel safe the way I did when we first moved there back in 90...

Mike A!
    You may be right but even as small as Thomasville is, it has it's share of BG's.

Is there a town anywhere...without dirtbags? Our 'injustice system' encourages their behavior...few severe penalties unless you rape and kill the judge's daughter.

America needs to wake up and get back to conservative thought and action.

Stay armed...be on the lookout...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    You may be right but even as small as Thomasville is, it has it's share of BG's.
    Does this Wally world have a buffet resturant in front of it, and a Days Inn (at least I think its a days inn) directly across the street from it?

Just wondering because I used to pickup/deliver to a papermill and I think it was in Thomasville. I've stayed in that motel because they have truck parking in the back. Used to walk to the resturant (can't remember the name of it though) and Wally world. Nice area, surprised to hear it has so many BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    Does this Wally world have a buffet resturant in front of it, and a Days Inn (at least I think its a days inn) directly across the street from it?

Just wondering because I used to pickup/deliver to a papermill and I think it was in Thomasville. I've stayed in that motel because they have truck parking in the back. Used to walk to the resturant (can't remember the name of it though) and Wally world. Nice area, surprised to hear it has so many BGs.
    There is a Ryan's in front. wal mart loc: Thomasville, GA - Google Maps

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    Oh I know... and if you note in my original post... I said that as well...

Tallahassee used to have the small town feel to it, not anymore... recent years have been better but everything runs in cycles as far as criminal activity is concerned...

Mike A!

Oh I know... and if you note in my original post... I said that as well...

Mike A!
    I wasn't disagreeing with you, the fact that the car was stolen from Tallahassee is proof enough that the BG was at least there.

IF you're gonna choose the profession of BG, COVER THE DREADS!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Spooter, that's the Wal-Mart your thinking of. It was a Days Inn at one time. May still be. Buffet is Ryans.

I got Tally all the time. That place is a sess pool of miscrients. I carry in the malls and wal-marts down there just because I fully expect to get robbed.

They still haven't caught this guy. the reward is around 1500. Alive of course.

Did any of you notice how poorly designed the camera system is in wal-mart? Or any other store for that matter.

The dreadlocks were probably a wig. Look for dreadlock ashes in the Taurus.

Links