GOOD: Man Stops Armed Robber - Jacksonville, FL

This is a discussion on GOOD: Man Stops Armed Robber - Jacksonville, FL within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Jacksonville.com By JIM SCHOETTLER The Times-Union A man working on a home just north of Springfield this afternoon shot an armed man who tried to ...

Thread: GOOD: Man Stops Armed Robber - Jacksonville, FL

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD: Man Stops Armed Robber - Jacksonville, FL

Jacksonville.com

By JIM SCHOETTLER
    The Times-Union

A man working on a home just north of Springfield this afternoon shot an armed man who tried to rob him, said Sgt. Derrick Lewis of the Sheriff’s Office.

The shooting occurred about 1:15 p.m. on West 24th Street near North Pearl Street. Police said a man armed with a gun approached the man working on a house and the worker, who was also armed, opened fire. The wounded man fled south on Pearl Street and collapsed outside a music store at West 23rd Street, a witness said.

The wounded man was taken to Shands Jacksonville hospital and listed in critical condition, Lewis said. The worker is being questioned by police, but has not been charged. Their identities have not been released. Police recovered both guns, Lewis said.

Lewis said the worker carried a gun because of his concerns about crime in the area, where shootings and drug deals are common.

A woman walking in the area said she heard about six shots and then saw a bloodied man run and collapse. She said she heard the worker say he shot the man after the man pulled a gun on him.

“He said, ‘He tried to rob me,’” the woman said.

The shooting occurred near the same intersection where a man was killed about two weeks ago after being struck by a police car that was on its way to a shots fired call.

Sounds like a justified shoot, but I don't think the shooter should have said anything to the woman, but I imagine it is hard to keep one's mouth shut after something like this. I imagine there is some kind of need to get affirmation from someone that you had no choice but to shoot.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

My friend's dad was working in the building when they caught Arthur Shawcross. I know he has an unrestricted NYS permit, but I don't know if he was carrying that day.

You never know what kind of psychos are nearby. I work in an office, but we have had a couple murders this year right down the street.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

The wounded man was taken to Shands Jacksonville hospital...
    I hope they transported him by ox cart.
    "An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Links