BAD Man robbed at gunpoint

This is a discussion on BAD Man robbed at gunpoint within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened in another small town close to me. Moultrie Observer - 3 masked gunmen hit rural residence MOULTRIE — When a Colquitt County man ...

Thread: BAD Man robbed at gunpoint

BAD Man robbed at gunpoint

This happened in another small town close to me.
    Moultrie Observer - 3 masked gunmen hit rural residence

MOULTRIE — When a Colquitt County man investigated a strange noise on his front porch Friday, he was confronted by masked gunmen who entered his home and robbed him.

Robin Hunter, of Zion Grove Church Road, reported he heard a noise on his front porch and went to see what it was about at 11 p.m. Friday. When he opened his door, he saw three black males wearing hoods and masks, sheriff’s reports stated.

The bandits men went into Hunter’s house, and one of them shoved a pistol in his face and covered his face with a blanket. The robbers grabbed Hunter’s wallet, containing $2,000 cash, and three money orders. The value of the stolen items was $3,075.

Following the robbery, Hunter stated the robbers fled in a white or cream-colored Cadillac. No other information was given to investigators about the robbers.

Meanwhile, law enforcement from several agencies made at least 30 arrests over the weekend on a wide array of charges. As well, several thefts and damages to property were reported. Those incidents included:

Arrests

Moultrie Police

• Anthony Lamont Edmonds, 29, of 1221 Elliot Brown St., Apt. 4, was charged Friday with theft by taking.

• Felisa Shawnte Marshall, 24, of 121 Church St. in Ellenton, was charged Friday with driving without a license, a window tint violation and theft by receiving stolen property.

• Tarius Levarius Jackson, 28, of 121 Church St. in Ellenton, was charged Friday with possession of marijuana less than one ounce, permitting an unlicensed person to drive and an open container violation.

• Mildred Ridley Pedreza, 60, of 209 Second St. S.W., was charged Saturday with aggravated assault and burglary. He allegedly hit Sharon Hickman in the leg with a hammer during an altercation Saturday.

• Willie Owens, 44, of 215 Third St. S.W., was charged Saturday with burglary and obstruction.

• Fura Junior Gray, 40, of 4330 Highway 301 S. in Jessup, La., was charged Saturday with DUI and failure to stop at a stop sign.

• Francisco Javier Gonzales, 30, of 1502 West Point, Apt. A, in Corpus Christi, Texas, was charged Sunday with aggressive driving and driving without a license.
    I Love the arrests on the end of this article.
    Moral of this story: Don't check suspicions noises unless your ready to confront said noise.

2. Remove Ads

I like how they give the knuckleheads' addresses, classic.

And since they drove off in a Cadillac Mr. Hunter should have robbed them back (kidding). Glad they caught the suspects, if they are truly the guilty parties I hope they do some real time.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I have to ask, why did this guy have $2K in cash in his wallet? I know it's not a crime to have that much cash, but it does look odd.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I have to ask, why did this guy have $2K in cash in his wallet? I know it's not a crime to have that much cash, but it does look odd.
    Sure does!

I had to check. Moultrie is a small town in Ga. just north of the Florida line and a little west of I-75, not far from Valdosta.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    doesn't everybody.......actually mine is in my front pocket...
    just kidding.......but I do most of my transactions in cash.......I hate paper trails.....
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

I believe in using cash as well. But two grand in the wallet? Sounds like the robbers picked their mark knowing. Bad...yes, but at least the victim survived.

OK, first mistake...
    Friday at 11 P.M., he hears a noise and answers his door?

No window or peep hole? No gun in hand? Two grand in his wallet? This guy was a robbery looking for a place to happen.

Stay armed...expecially at home...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ok, maybe it's just me... but isnt the title of this thread a little biased?

Stupid maybe, but who said hes bad?

Im just saying give the guy the benefit of the doubt... unless you found something else?

Mike A!

Quote Originally Posted by mlakrid View Post

Im just saying give the guy the benefit of the doubt... unless you found something else?

Mike A!
    It's not a Bad Man being robbed...it's a BAD story about a man being robbed.The caps kind of tell you how to read it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That guy did just about everything wrong.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

$2k in wallet? Sounds like a drug deal gone bad.

Mike A!
    Right, the posts are either Bad, Good, or Neutral. The guy got robbed at gun point. That's Bad. worse though, he didn't arm himself when he went to the door to investigate.

Moultrie is about the same size as Thomasville, where I live. I visit there a few times a year to see friends. We don't have the crazy crimes as often as some other bigger cities.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's not a Bad Man being robbed...it's a BAD story about a man being robbed.The caps kind of tell you how to read it.
    LOL ... OOPS...

Sorry... misread it I guess...

EDIT: Shouldn't it be BAD: man robbed at gunpoint?

Dont beat me up, Im the new guy...

Mike A!

LOL ... OOPS...

Sorry... misread it I guess...

EDIT: Shouldn't it be BAD: man robbed at gunpoint?

Dont beat me up, Im the new guy...

Mike A!
    Yes, Mike. The : should be there. I couldn't edit it after i left it out.

Links