Good: Woodland Hills intruder shot, killed [Multiple home invaders at once]

This is a discussion on Good: Woodland Hills intruder shot, killed [Multiple home invaders at once] within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As reported by the ContraCosta Times: Woodland Hills intruder shot, killed By Brandon Lowrey, Staff Writer WOODLAND HILLS - One of several men who stormed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good: Woodland Hills intruder shot, killed [Multiple home invaders at once]

Good: Woodland Hills intruder shot, killed [Multiple home invaders at once]

As reported by the ContraCosta Times:

Woodland Hills intruder shot, killed

By Brandon Lowrey, Staff Writer

WOODLAND HILLS - One of several men who stormed a suburban home Friday was shot dead by one of the residents, who blasted the intruders as they entered, in an incident police were calling a home-invasion robbery attempt.

Three or four men kicked in the door of the house in the 24300 block of Burbank Boulevard, setting off the gunfight, Los Angeles police said. Aside from the one intruder killed, no one was injured.

The residence at 24300 Burbank Blvd. in Woodland Hills, CA. where a home invasion robbery ended in the death of one of the suspects. (Dean Musgrove/Staff Photographer)

"Obviously, these residents here do have a right to protect themselves," said Los Angeles police Lt. Steven Sambar. "Those people are extremely lucky."

Police were searching for two or three other suspects, described as African-American men in their 20s.

Gunfire and screams pierced the neighborhood's usual quiet about 2:45 p.m., after the men first knocked on the home's front door - then kicked it in, Los Angeles police Sgt. Jeff Nuttall said.

Inside was a couple in their 60s and their two sons in their 20s. At least one of the sons was armed, and he opened fire, hitting one of the intruders.

The man died in the doorway, clutching a revolver, Nuttall said. His identity was not immediately available.

The intruders shot back, but didn't hit anyone, then fled. They may have escaped in a silver sedan, Sambar said.

Inside the home, shell casings from various firearms littered the floor and bullet holes peppered the walls, he said.

Police detained a man about a block away but said he was not considered suspect.

Investigators have no reason to believe the suspects knew the victims beforehand, Nuttall said.

Asked how often victims of home invasion are able to chase off their attackers, Nuttall said: "Unfortunately, it's very rare."

Violent crime is rare in this middle-class neighborhood of single-family homes, LAPD Lt. Steven Sambar said.

"We don't have that type a crime in this area, so it's very unusual," he said.

A police barricade stranded neighboring residents, who were unable to return home for several hours until authorities finished combing the scene.

Only a car crash a couple of years ago had caused so much commotion here, said Sharon Friedman, a resident of eight years. "That was the most exciting thing that ever happened here," she said.

"You don't ever see any policemen around here," said Carmen Kaplan, 68, who has lived in a nearby house for 37 years. "I tell everybody I live in the safest part of the Valley ever. My kids grew up here. I walk here every night.

"It's just a very sad thing."

The story can be found at; http://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_10074324

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

Another thread said it right:
    There are no safe places!
    (And people wonder why we carry in our own homes?)
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

You're right Sky Pilot. I ignore my wife's cynical comments about carrying in the house and when doing yardwork, because the scenario presented here is always running through my mind.

What? It wasn't the swat team for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    You're right Sky Pilot. I ignore my wife's cynical comments about carrying in the house and when doing yardwork, because the scenario presented here is always running through my mind.
    +1 to that. My wife looks at me sometimes like I am crazy. All I have to do is turn on the news or get online to asure myself I haven't lost it just yet Glad the GG's were armed.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

'nuff said
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Living "VERY" rual where I do, it is not likely that anything like this will ever happen..I guess it is possible, but not likely. I just changed out my deadbolts that require a key on both sides and the doors are locked 95% of the time, even while we are home. weapons within easy reach, even while in the hot tub.
    Have some neighbors at the bottom of the hill who have their front door open, even while they sleep, so that the fans they have in the front door will circulate the air through their house. They are just off the main road and we are 4 miles back up in the woods. I am often concerned for their safety, even after mentioning it to them.
    "Brains before Bullets"

It happens all times of the day or night. I always carry unless I'm asleep or in the shower. And my gun always within arms reach if it's not on me. My significant other always thought I was going overboard with carrying at home until she heard a sound in the house when she was home alone. She freaked and could not get to the gun in time because it was on the other side of the house. Luckily the sound was just the broom falling over. She now understands why I have it on me all the time.

The homeowner's son sure taught these guys a lesson
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    What? It wasn't the swat team for a change.

Amen to that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
    +1 to that. My wife looks at me sometimes like I am crazy. All I have to do is turn on the news or get online to asure myself I haven't lost it just yet Glad the GG's were armed.

Mine put up a fuss at first, but now she doesn't even notice. I think the news stories convinced her too.

I had to stop cleaning them in bed though. She can't stand the smell of Hoppe's #9.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Excellent reaction by the son! I'll guess he was armed and didn't have to go get a gun.

The first perp was killed in the doorway... excellent reaction and shooting by the son, regardless of the following shots where no one was supposedly hit.

He dropped the first, and the others had a sudden change of heart about the home invasion.

This is how it's supposed to turn out: no innocents hurt, and the threats repelled forcefully. Well done!

Can you imagine if the next 500 news reports all showed the first dirtbag into the doorway shot dead?

This would slow down this type of crime...Oh well, one doorway at a time.

I'm ready for mine...anyone else?

Congrats to the son in this story!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Awesome Job by home owners & Family...

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post

'nuff said

Love that clip from Collateral... And remember boys and girls, if you want to be that effective, like Tom Cruise when engaging multiple opponents... you have to practice, practice, practice! It don't come to you through osmosis.

Great job by the homeowners son! I can't imagine how stunned they were it happened and how thankful they were that one of them was armed!

+1 for the good guys!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Score one for the good guys!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links