GOOD: Don't Bring A Baseball Bat To A Gunfight - Hilton Head, SC

This is a discussion on GOOD: Don't Bring A Baseball Bat To A Gunfight - Hilton Head, SC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GOOD: Don't Bring A Baseball Bat To A Gunfight - Hilton Head, SC

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

I would of paid money to see the porsche guys face when the kid stepped out and said may I help you,I bet he had to go wash his drawers out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The one thing to pay attention is the gun was in the glove box. This shows that you don't always have to have it on you and be a quick draw for a gun to be of use, just having it available can help sometimes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Who carries a bat in a Porsche?That is just tacky
    After buying the Porsche, maybe he didn't have enough money left over to buy a gun.

This road raging thing is really dangerous.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

What a nut! I would imagine people are all the time trying to find businesses in Hilton Head (I know I was). They have most of them obscured by trees and it is a vacation spot (so there will be a lot of people that are not familiar with the area). It is really pretty not having businesses "in your face" so to speak but also hard to find places. You would think that the locals would know this, assuming the freak was local, I can't imagine getting that riled up on vacation.

Not to jack the thread but if you carry a baseball bat in your vehicle in Texas you should also have a glove, balls and other equipment or you could possibly be charged with an illegal club.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Who carries a bat in a Porsche?That is just tacky
    Same thing I was thinking.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

I'm thinkin a couple bullet holes in the Porsche would have been a fun side note.

I had an incident in very heavy slow traffic and my car died. Sat there for probably 10 minutes, flashers going, the works. People going around me then I look up, here is a Porsche Cayenne sitting 2 inches behind me, honking his horn. Proof that you can have money and own a $60,000 dollar car and still be dumb as a box of rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Having his firearm readily available may have saved this innocent man from having his skull bashed in...

and may help improve an idiot's behavior

Quote Originally Posted by philman View Post
    I'm thinkin a couple bullet holes in the Porsche would have been a fun side note.

I had an incident in very heavy slow traffic and my car died. Sat there for probably 10 minutes, flashers going, the works. People going around me then I look up, here is a Porsche Cayenne sitting 2 inches behind me, honking his horn. Proof that you can have money and own a $60,000 dollar car and still be dumb as a box of rocks.
    In no way to depend the idiot behind you, but that's why I've always told the wife that if her vehicle ever breaks down in the middle of the road to immediately turn on the flashers and then open the hood. It's amazing how many idjits just don't seem to understand why your lights are flashing.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Just showed this to household-6...we'll be in Hilton Head starting next weekend for a week.

I will, of course, carry in accordance with the law when in my vehicle....but, DARN IT...I wish SLED would get off their butt and publish the updated reciprocity list!!
    Sig, this is NOT the norm in Hilton Head! Have fun while you are here.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

As a fellow El Cid alumni, I'm glad the situation worked out well for the student. I sure would have given anything to see that Porche owner's face when he saw the business end of the Glock!
    No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

Ronald Reagan

I hope he doesn't trade in his bat for Gun...

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    In no way to depend the idiot behind you, but that's why I've always told the wife that if her vehicle ever breaks down in the middle of the road to immediately turn on the flashers and then open the hood. It's amazing how many idjits just don't seem to understand why your lights are flashing.

Hoss
    You are right, I thought of that just that second, that I needed to open the hood. Got the car started first, thank God.

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    The kid probably could have shot the idiot and claimed self defense and not have been charged! I hope I never have to make that decision. I might shoot first and ask questions later!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links