A Reason to carry at all times...

This is a discussion on A Reason to carry at all times... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; News: Off-duty Costa Mesa officer jumped from behind, police say | vilan, officer, police, face, franchville - OCRegister.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Reason to carry at all times...

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like the vilan lived up to his name and this criminal won't be attacking anymore innocent people anymore
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sounds like the officer did the world a big favor by disposing of the worthless POS.
    If you cannot stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

If you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself..."Baa."

"Family and friends held a candlelight vigil in Old Town Temecula on Tuesday night to remember Vilan. "

Remember what? That he was a low-life scum bag that attacked innocent people without provocation. The officer should have a monument erected in his honor for ridding the world of this person.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

WTH?

I know that this is probably SOP, but this statement still leaves a bad taste in my mouth along with the sentence before it.
    Investigators from the Riverside County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting. The results of their investigation will be handed over to Riverside County prosecutors to determine whether the officer, a 10-year veteran of the Costa Mesa Police Department, should face criminal charges in the shooting.
    If a LEO's right to defend himself is questioned, then where does that leave us the ordinary civilian. I'm glad I GTFO out Kalifornia.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

Agreed HGJ.

The only remembrance toward this loser should be in regard to the victims he has victimized and those of the future that he won't be able to attack.

I wonder in CA if their law plays it that when involved in a crime if a person dies the victimizers who survive are charged with the murder of the deceased be he/she a GG or BG amongst the mix.
    And Vilan did this with his son looking on too. Father of the year he was not.

Agreed Chucke.
    It's disgusting that such a statement was printed never mind that it's a point of actual discussion.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Agreed HGJ.

The only remembrance toward this loser should be in regard to the victims he has victimized and those of the future that he won't be able to attack.

I wonder in CA if their law plays it that when involved in a crime if a person dies the victimizers who survive are charged with the murder of the deceased be he/she a GG or BG amongst the mix.
    And Vilan did this with his son looking on too. Father of the year he was not.

Agreed Chucke.
    It's disgusting that such a statement was printed never mind that it's a point of actual discussion.

- Janq
    You betcha'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member

Write the shooting off as D.S.A.F!!

Did Society A Favour!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Hope the LEO can get on with his life without a bunch of innuendo. It's would be nice if the police had given the benefit of the doubt to the victim instead of veiled references to possible criminal action.

I live in a very safe place where a gun really isn't needed much of the time, yet it is fairly straightforward for a lawful citizen to get a permit. Then there are those who live in places like Temecula....
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airworthy View Post
    Sounds like the officer did the world a big favor by disposing of the worthless POS.
    That's why he was placed on paid administrative leave: the Lieutenant thought he deserved some vacation time.

OK, maybe not. I'm glad I left CA also. REAL glad.

With all the previous attacks vilan had been involved in, he shouldn't have been roaming around free.

Judging from vilan's background, the officer saved numerous others from being assaulted unprovoked.

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    "Family and friends held a candlelight vigil in Old Town Temecula on Tuesday night to remember Vilan. "

Remember what? That he was a low-life scum bag that attacked innocent people without provocation. The officer should have a monument erected in his honor for ridding the world of this person.

Exactly, unbelievable. sounds like the guy had more loose screws than a Hyundai.

Vilan. Good name for the SOB.

Candle light vigil to remember him? I'll remember. And I'll continue to take precautions against others like him doing what he did. Even those who would present such a "fine" example in front of their own children.

... hit from behind with a heavy object ...

The officer identified himself as a police officer ...

The officer pulled out his gun and fired five times ...

The attack was unprovoked, Franchville said.

... Riverside County prosecutors to determine whether the officer ... should face criminal charges in the shooting.
    If as described in the news article, they can't possible find him responsible for an unprovoked attack, nor the result the attackers apparently were looking for. Of course they should review the situation. May the investigation show what appears to be true.

In the end, it comes to this: commit an adult crime ... get an adult response. Deal with it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Vilan, who was on parole after spending six years in state prison for two assaults, had a lengthy history of ganging up on people and attacking them, according to court records. His convictions included two unprovoked assaults in 1996 and 1998, which involve Vilan smashing two people in the face with beer bottles.

In a 1996 attack, Vilan smashed a man in the face with a beer bottle, and continued to hold the broken bottle over his victim's face until the man's brother hit Vilan over the head with a wrench.
    .................................................. .................................................. ..................

Family and friends held a candlelight vigil in Old Town Temecula on Tuesday night to remember Vilan.
    Go figure, I guess they missed the violence.

I think a candlelight vigil for this POS would be a good place to round up some additional low-lifes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links