Real Life Pirates Kill Tourist On His Own Boat!

This is a discussion on Real Life Pirates Kill Tourist On His Own Boat! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Back in the 80's my brother sailed on a boat out of Panama, the Captain had a Bren gun for protection, seems that the mere ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real Life Pirates Kill Tourist On His Own Boat!

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Back in the 80's my brother sailed on a boat out of Panama, the Captain had a Bren gun for protection, seems that the mere showing of it was enough. My wife's Uncle sail on anti-pirate patrols with the Malaysian Coast Guard.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    A pirate walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened, you look terrible!"
    "What do you mean?" the pirate replies, "I'm fine."
    The bartender says, "But what about that wooden leg? You didn't have that before."
    "Well," says the pirate, "We were in a battle at sea and a cannon ball hit my leg but the surgeon fixed me up, and I'm fine, really."
    "Yeah," says the bartender, "But what about that hook? Last time I saw you, you had both hands."
    "Well," says the pirate, "We were in another battle and we boarded the enemy ship. I was in a sword fight and my hand was cut off but the surgeon fixed me up with this hook, and I feel great, really."
    "Oh," says the bartender, "What about that eye patch? Last time you were in here you had both eyes."
    "Well," says the pirate, "One day when we were at sea, some birds were flying over the ship. I looked up, and one of them shat in my eye."
    "So?" replied the bartender, "what happened? You couldn't have lost an eye just from some bird ****!"
    "Well," says the pirate, "I really wasn't used to the hook yet."
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    "Well," says the pirate, "I really wasn't used to the hook yet."
    Arrg.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    The real pirates are far from the glorified TV representations.
    IMO, Disney has done more to increase crime and violence than any other organization in existence.

Though, one of the political parties might give them a run for their money.

Yesterday, there was a whole bunch of stuff about pirates on the history channel. It's very real and even rampant in some places.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member
    Not too long ago, I watched a tv program about pirates near the coast of Africa, they would attack cruise ships, and I think they even fired a RPG once and maybe small arms fire. They pretty tried to hold all the cruise lines at "ransom", and wanted some pay-off's to stop the harrassment.

I remember seeing that the cruise ships installed some sort of soundwave blaster that looked like a satellite dish on the stern of the ship. It pulsed out sound waves that would make the pirates nauseated. I think they had the capability of laying down smoke screens also.

While watching this I kept thinking how simple and effective twin .50's would be on the stern, then I thought about how much it would freak out the passengers to have their shuffleboard games interrupted by outgoing gunfire.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Administrator
    I'm going to get a row boat and become a pirate on the golf course lake.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Well, I'm sure everyone here on DC would have been armed. Some countries like the Bahamas are really good about bring firearms on your boat. Some others like the Dominican Republic are not.

When I'm out of port, I always keep the radar set to alarm if a boat approaches within 4-miles, and if I where to travel the seven seas, I'd stay in areas with a bunch of other boats, and yes I would be armed, and I'd avoid those countries that do not allow me to have a firearm on board.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    how much it would freak out the passengers to have their shuffleboard games interrupted by outgoing gunfire.
    Not nearly as much as they'd be freaked out by INCOMING gunfire....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post
    IMO, Disney has done more to increase crime and violence than any other organization in existence.

I thought it was making pot & cocaine illegal and declaring "war" on adult drug use.

Can you elaborate on your Disney take?

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    I thought it was making pot & cocaine illegal and declaring "war" on adult drug use.

Can you elaborate on your Disney take?
    "Moon Spinners", "Treasure Island", "Bambi"

I quit watching when I realized what was being taught to viewers and the danger of having memes planted embedded in "harmless fiction".

00 buck in my buddies 12 gauge killed a wild pig in the yard at 70 ft with one shot two mornings ago. I'd say that was effective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links