UGLY: Another convenience store homicide - Tallahassee, Florida

This is a discussion on UGLY: Another convenience store homicide - Tallahassee, Florida within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Story page Updated 7:47 p.m. A man was shot and killed at a Tallahassee convenience store Monday afternoon, and police were looking for a suspect ...

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

Story page

Updated 7:47 p.m.

A man was shot and killed at a Tallahassee convenience store Monday afternoon, and police were looking for a suspect described as armed and dangerous.

The shooting happened about 2:39 p.m. at the King Food Store, 500 E. Orange Ave., according to David McCranie, spokesman for the Tallahassee Police Department.

Bradley Scott Stevens, 22, of Tallahassee, was leaving the store when another man shot him. Stevens was taken to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, where he later died.

Police also were looking for a man and a woman seen getting into an older, light-blue Mercury Grand Marquis about the time of the shooting. The vehicle was missing at least one wheel cover.

McCranie said the victim knew the shooter and the man in the car. He said investigators dont know what prompted the shooting.

I dont know if it was a verbal altercation or some other motive, McCranie said.
    The shooter ran away toward the 2500 block of Texas Street. A search by police dogs was unsuccessful. He was described as a black male with a thin build, wearing a baggy white T-shirt, blue-jean shorts and black shoes.

The other man police are seeking was described as a black male with an average build wearing a hat and T-shirt that were both canary yellow. He also had on blue-jean shorts.

The driver of the Grand Marquis was described as a black woman in her 20s, about 5-foot-7, with short hair. She was wearing a white shirt with blue letters on the back. She also had on blue jeans and gold-hoop earrings.

Anyone with information is asked to call TPD at 891-4200 or Crime Stoppers at 574-TIPS (8477).
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

No One Is Insulated Against Crime!

You are either aware of that fact or you ignore that fact....

But I don't think anyone can honestly say to themselves that they did not know that!

Not with todays 24/7 news coverage!

People who have a ccw and do not carry all the time, are just deluding themselves that they can predict when they will need their gun or not.

"Oh, I'm just going to the convenience store to get gas and some milk... I don't need my gun for that!" Words to die by!

I just got back from Dollar General 20 minutes ago to pick up only one bag of dog food. Ok, I didn't have my folding knife... but I had my XD9sc with spare mag and a can of OC spray in both my pockets for the 10 minute trip!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links